Author Topic: Larry Sanders Signs with Cavs  (Read 6857 times)

Re: Larry Sanders Signs with Cavs
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
LeBron is tired .....he is over worked and under paid .   

Whut a girl to do ? 

Hire Larry and roll one.

LeBron is The WEAKEST "Superstar" Of All Time---Always needs a Stacked team...and will cry like a little baby if he doesn't get what he wants.
what?

Hes amazing. Im sorry hes kicked our asses for 7 years. Stop hating on him because he is great.

So sick of it.

When we had stars in their prime we were kicking his ass. When he had stars in their prime on his team and we did not he returned the favor. Not really shocking.

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 04:08:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
LeBron is tired .....he is over worked and under paid .   

Whut a girl to do ? 

Hire Larry and roll one.

LeBron is The WEAKEST "Superstar" Of All Time---Always needs a Stacked team...and will cry like a little baby if he doesn't get what he wants.
what?

Hes amazing. Im sorry hes kicked our asses for 7 years. Stop hating on him because he is great.

So sick of it.

When we had stars in their prime we were kicking his ass. When he had stars in their prime on his team and we did not he returned the favor. Not really shocking.
No its not shocking.

But we had stars in their prime for 3 years. Hes had them for 7.

3 years of us kicking his ass in return for 6 years of him kicking ours.

1 title and 2 appearances for us. 3 titles and 7 appearances for him.

He averages 29/7/7 career against us. He is 43-31 against us in his career including the playoffs.

He is the greatest player of his generation. Hate away. I root against him all the time. I thought this year Id root for him, but I just cant. I really want him to lose. Just dont disrespect his greatness.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 04:12:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I will go on record and say I am p---ed we didn't sign him...

I don't see how anyone can be mad until we at least see if he can still play or not
who are we, here at cb, to let something as unimportant as reality intrude upon our beliefs? let emotional preferences serve as the proud anchors for our opinions!!!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I say no to the pot head.

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 05:14:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I don't see how anyone can be mad until we at least see if he can still play or not

We got Mickey---who CANNOT play NBA level BB....so yeah, we should be mad.
Well apparently Ainge didn't think Sanders was good enough to justify cutting Mickey.  Doing that would have been a low-risk high-reward (potentially) move and he couldn't do it.  What's he going to do for Cleveland?  This thread is really a non-issue for the Celtics.

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 05:47:28 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I'm so confused.. Why would WE be p----d if he plays well for the Cavs..  The only reason he is on the Cavs is because Bogut Broke his leg.. This guy was their last option.. 

And why do some of us act as if every free agent available actually wants to come here.. He could have decided he didn't want to sign here for whatever we were offering him. 

Danny checked him out (As did a few other teams) and he was back on the couch until Bogut broke his leg..  Not sure why we would be mad at this.

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge does not think we are winning the East this year.   His actions make this clear, no deal at the trade deadline, no free agents signed and nothing that gives up a resource.   

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 07:09:22 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Looks like he'll mostly play for their D-League affiliate for now, and they hope he'll be ready for the playoffs.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/report-larry-sanders-will-mostly-play-with-cavaliers-minor-league-team/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 07:12:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Looks like he'll mostly play for their D-League affiliate for now, and they hope he'll be ready for the playoffs.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/report-larry-sanders-will-mostly-play-with-cavaliers-minor-league-team/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It says a lot about Sullinger that the Cavs passed him over for a guy they think needs to be in the D-league and may not even be ready to contribute for the playoffs.

Is Sullinger basically out of the league at this point?

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 07:22:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It says a lot about Sullinger that the Cavs passed him over for a guy they think needs to be in the D-league and may not even be ready to contribute for the playoffs.

Is Sullinger basically out of the league at this point?
Cavs don't need what Sullinger brings, they need what Sanders brings i.e. shot blocking and defense. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 07:28:39 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Ainge does not think we are winning the East this year.   His actions make this clear, no deal at the trade deadline, no free agents signed and nothing that gives up a resource.

Maybe Danny thinks that hoisting NBA Championship banners into the rafters in the future is more important than tossing an Eastern Conference Finals banner into a dumpster now.

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 07:28:52 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

Well apparently Ainge didn't think Sanders was good enough to justify cutting Mickey.  Doing that would have been a low-risk high-reward (potentially) move and he couldn't do it.  What's he going to do for Cleveland?  This thread is really a non-issue for the Celtics.
I read somewhere that they actually had talks but DA would not commit to next year.

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I read somewhere that they actually had talks but DA would not commit to next year.
reminds me of that javale mcgee situation. I didn't end up losing sleep even with his "rebirth" this year for the warriors.

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm so confused.. Why would WE be p----d if he plays well for the Cavs..  The only reason he is on the Cavs is because Bogut Broke his leg.. This guy was their last option.. 

And why do some of us act as if every free agent available actually wants to come here.. He could have decided he didn't want to sign here for whatever we were offering him. 

Danny checked him out (As did a few other teams) and he was back on the couch until Bogut broke his leg..  Not sure why we would be mad at this.

Im only going to be mad if he contributes. If he contributes it will mean Danny Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed up in his evalution. Dont expect him to contribute, but if he does Ill be mad.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 07:46:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bogut broke a leg ...bad things just happen

Sanders could also meet with misfortune.....

Who knows ....a cracked  " bong " or damp papers ruins a fellows mindset