Author Topic: Paul Pierce-the legend grows-leaves autographed jerseys for players and staff  (Read 1540 times)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
 Chris Forsberg‏Verified account @ESPNForsberg

Looks like Paul Pierce left autographed jerseys for every player in Celtics locker room.

11:32 AM - 12 Mar 2017
7 replies 159 retweets 438 likes

This is alluded to in an excellent Himmelsbach article on Pierce from the 6th, so if there is a thread on this already, I apologize, but Forsberg confirmed it today.

Here is the article and a great read on the captain and his relationship with John Connor:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/03/06/paul-pierce-the-dungeon-and-lasting-friendship/2fcLEUdpi439AjvrsH0MhJ/story.html

The article just confirms a lot of what we know about Pierce regarding his sense of humor, competitiveness and trash talking and insight into friendships he formed here.

One excerpt:

After the Celtics faced the Lakers on Friday, Connor left a pile of Pierce’s No. 34 Celtics jerseys at the forward’s stall in the Clippers’ locker room. Pierce planned to sign them for the Celtics players and every member of the team’s traveling party before he played his last game ever against the Celtics on Monday night.

“Paul will do anything like that that you ask,” Connor said. “He never looks at any of this stuff as work or his job, and I think that’s why he’s played almost 20 years. He was having fun doing what he was passionate about.”

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Got to talk about the Bradley/Jeff Green/KG story when you talk about this one:

"This year, I was telling my teammates when we were playing in Minnesota, I was like, 'I don't think KG's gonna give me a jersey,'" Bradley said. "My teammates were like, 'Man, what? He doesn't talk to nobody but you. He's gonna give you a jersey.' I asked one of the ball boys and he was like, 'He just turned down Jeff Green. He's not giving one to anybody.' So I asked, and KG wrote me a letter like, 'I love you. This jersey is for you, keep working hard.' He wrote me a letter, and now I have his jersey up at my house."

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

"This year, I was telling my teammates when we were playing in Minnesota, I was like, 'I don't think KG's gonna give me a jersey,'" Bradley said. "My teammates were like, 'Man, what? He doesn't talk to nobody but you. He's gonna give you a jersey.' I asked one of the ball boys and he was like, 'He just turned down Jeff Green. He's not giving one to anybody.' So I asked, and KG wrote me a letter like, 'I love you. This jersey is for you, keep working hard.' He wrote me a letter, and now I have his jersey up at my house."
Ive been on the trade Avery Bradley train forever, but stories like this make me feel really Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty about that position.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Ive been on the trade Avery Bradley train forever, but stories like this make me feel really ****ty about that position.

Agree....will be hard to say goodbye to my favorite Celtic....the last roster connection to those key players who brought us 17.  Bradley deserves one.....really hope he's part of 18.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Ive been on the trade Avery Bradley train forever, but stories like this make me feel really ****ty about that position.

Agree....will be hard to say goodbye to my favorite Celtic....the last roster connection to those key players who brought us 17.  Bradley deserves one.....really hope he's part of 18.

Ugh, agreed that will be a bitter pill. Avery's rise has been a HUGE part of this rebuild.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I also have to be counted among those who doubted in Bradley. He, as a last '08-Celtic, is something special. An example for how hard working always pays off, on this or that way.

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Ugh, agreed that will be a bitter pill. Avery's rise has been a HUGE part of this rebuild.

I've also been a Bradley doubter, but I can't deny that he's worked hard, really improved his shot, is a really good defender, and is an integral part of this team. I hope he's here for No. 18 (and 19, and 20 ...).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I also have to be counted among those who doubted in Bradley. He, as a last '08-Celtic, is something special. An example for how hard working always pays off, on this or that way.

Just to clarify, Bradley wasn't an '08 Celtic. He's just the only guy left who played with the guys who were '08 Celtics.

Offline ForearmKiki

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I thought Pervis Ellison leaving 50% off coupons on his moving services in all the lockers of Celtic players in 2000 was more legendary.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I remember that, it's one of my favourite NBA stories.