Author Topic: Miserable at every NBA stop, Darko Milicic has found peace as a farmer  (Read 2189 times)

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Cool read, TP and thanks for sharing.  Shocked that he was 0/6 career for 3's.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I feel like with a few small changes he could have had a very different career.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I agree.  The Pistons were the absolute worse spot for him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
None of that made any sense... except perhaps in the imaginary world Darko is living in. Hope it works out for him, though.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Unique guy.  Thanks for the link
Yup

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I agree.  The Pistons were the absolute worse spot for him.
I disagree.
If he wasn't selected in a lottery, you might have said he would have a better shot at making it. Then again, he might would have not came if he wasn't a high pick. Money was much more comparable back then, and some guys stayed to be closer to home. Also less games, less wear and tare, while you develop. Almost like he was destined to be a high pick in that sense, with his lenght (still a 2 bigs era) and fluidity, serbian pedigree too.
The arcticle points to the spot in regard why he didn't make it. He was a mean and disturbed guy in my eyes, kind of like those kids that like to torture cats type. Some of the things he said after one loss in the Eurobasket to the referees family, it was just disguisting. https://youtu.be/woWqSmichOo
This wasn't an incident, it was the way he carried himself and was formed as an adult IMO. To carry that much hate in yourself, you can't make it at the highest of levels. It eats you up from the inside.
One more note. I am a Croat and I absolutely adore Serbian basketball school, coaches and players. I just never liked this guy in particular.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
the problem with the guy wasn't talent. He had talent. It was his personallity. There was a article on my language that is too long to translate whole but short version is that he is psycho. Always getting into fights, hanging with bad people, trying to beat up some referees and he said that wasn't motivated to practice when he came to Detroit. He said that he never liked to be a profesional basketball player. He never enjoyed the game. Sad story really.

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Poor guy. He clearly needs some help.