Author Topic: Why did it take so long for Jordan Crawford?  (Read 1950 times)

Why did it take so long for Jordan Crawford?
« on: March 12, 2017, 12:54:12 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Jordan Crawford just recently got picked up by New Orleans, it's his first NBA team since the Celtics where he had a short but somewhat impressive stint. In his two games for the Pelicans off the bench he's averaging 14.5 points 3.0 assists, 58.3 FG% 45.5 3P% 82 FT%.

The question is what why did it take it so long for someone to take a punt on Crawford? He's always been very talented thus there must be character issues, what ever the case is I am glad he's been given a second chance.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:00:25 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: Why did it take so long for Jordan Crawford?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I always liked his game, glad to see he's doing well down in NO. It was a matter of time before someone gave him a chance.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 01:04:57 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I thought he played somewhere else after his stint with the Celtics. He wasn't that bad when he was with the Cs.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:15:25 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
I thought he played somewhere else after his stint with the Celtics. He wasn't that bad when he was with the Cs.

just china and d league, well besides the half season when we traded him to GS for i believe Joel Anthony

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth

Highlights from Jordan Crawford.  He's a player. Could have helped alot of teams.
Its good to see him back in the league. Check out the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6qlbirgCqU
Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 12:25:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
as i remember things (i.e. i could be wrong) crawford was a player with tons of ability but would follow up a great play with a bone headed play. he did not play well within a team system.

however, again if i remember correctly, under CBS he learned to play within himself and a system. which made him a more valuable player.

what happened after golden state is beyond my poor memory. but i remember him as one of the "first CBS projects" ala turner. a talented player who flourishes within CBS system but not so much elsewhere.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 12:34:16 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
he was just a likable dude, kinda like nate robinson in that way.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
He keeps putting up good numbers and solid play in limited minutes. Probably has earned his 2nd 10 day contract.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

just china and d league, well besides the half season when we traded him to GS for i believe Joel Anthony

He played 42 games for GSW after we traded him there (and did pretty well), so it's a bit surprising that no teams took a flier on him that summer.  Good to see him get a chance in NO

When we traded him it was Crawford+Brooks to GSW, Tony Douglas to MIA, and Joel Anthony+Philly 1st (which became two seconds, used on Mickey and then the #31 pick we traded this summer for the LAC 2019 protected 1st) and Miami's 2016 2nd (used on Ben Bentil)

So, we got Mickey (eh) and a future first (ay!) in return for Crawford (and Brooks, who was just a throw in in the KG/Pierce trade with the Nets), who we got in return for an injured Leandro Barbosa (torn ACL) and .  Not a bad return (although I think a good amount/most of that was for taking on Joel Anthony's contract)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 05:15:13 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
If the Celtics get the Hardship Exemption, he's a guy I'd like to see return.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 05:37:40 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
he's a fun player but I think he's horrible if you want to win.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 07:17:24 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
he's a fun player but I think he's horrible if you want to win.

This ^

All that shines is not gold.

He doesn't defend, and he is a reluctant passer. I'd wager that at any given time he doesn't know the score of the game he's playing in.