Author Topic: If we get #1 seed, is IT a lock for MVP?  (Read 3270 times)

Re: If we get #1 seed, is IT a lock for MVP?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
If Boston is the 1 seed I think he becomes a legit candidate, but Leonard Lebron and Harden should all be ahead of him anyway. Westbrook will be ahead too.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Naw.  It's gonna be Russ, Harden, Kawhi, or LeBron.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Legit candidate whether we are 1 or 2 at this point but he's far from a lock. I'd say he could round out the top five at best.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2017, 06:10:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
He'd be a lock for top-two in the East.

My top-5:

1. Kawhi
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. IT
5. Westbrook

Kawhi gets overlooked so much. He's a top-tier scorer and defender for the team that could end up with the NBA's best record. I'm a big IT fan, but would you trade IT's three extra points per game for Kawhi's defense? I would.

Roy,

PLEASE tell me you are kidding having Westbrook #5!!!!!  He WILL be MVP!!!  And he deserves it!!!  He has carried OKC, a team with far LESS talent than Houston or San Antonio or Cleveland or even Boston (that is a close one, but losing KD and the injury to Kanter and the trade of Ibaka, etc. makes the lack of continuity an issue that IT did not have to face to the same degree!!)!!

Smitty77

P.S.  Why the dislike or disrespect toward RW???????????????

Imagine this scenario:

It's Game 82. It's the final play of the game. OKC is down by 1.. If OKC wins, they're the West's #3 seed; if they lose they drop down to #5.

Westbrook has locked up the scoring title. He needs 1 more assist to average a triple double for the season.

Westbrook has the ball. Due to a defensive breakdown, Westbrook has a path to an uncontested layup. Oladipo is alone in the corner for an uncontested three, but it will be a risky pass.

What does Westbrook do? Win the game, or *maybe* win the game and average a triple double for the season?

I think he goes for the assist.

I think that is horribly unfair.  You simply cannot know that and should NOT make such an assumption.

Smitty77

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2017, 06:14:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

My top-5:

1. Kawhi
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. IT
5. Westbrook

Kawhi gets overlooked so much. He's a top-tier scorer and defender for the team that could end up with the NBA's best record. I'm a big IT fan, but would you trade IT's three extra points per game for Kawhi's defense? I would.

Roy,

PLEASE tell me you are kidding having Westbrook #5!!!!!  He WILL be MVP!!!  And he deserves it!!!  He has carried OKC, a team with far LESS talent than Houston or San Antonio or Cleveland or even Boston (that is a close one, but losing KD and the injury to Kanter and the trade of Ibaka, etc. makes the lack of continuity an issue that IT did not have to face to the same degree!!)!!

Smitty77

Imagine this scenario:

It's Game 82. It's the final play of the game. OKC is down by 1.. If OKC wins, they're the West's #3 seed; if they lose they drop down to #5.

Westbrook has locked up the scoring title. He needs 1 more assist to average a triple double for the season.

Westbrook has the ball. Due to a defensive breakdown, Westbrook has a path to an uncontested layup. Oladipo is alone in the corner for an uncontested three, but it will be a risky pass.

What does Westbrook do? Win the game, or *maybe* win the game and average a triple double for the season?

I think that is horribly unfair.  You simply cannot know that and should NOT make such an assumption.

Smitty77
the point is to make you think about who actually helps their teams the most.

Westbrook doesnt have an all-star squad but he has some decent teammates.

Harden has a better supporting cast, but its not 8 games better. Lebrons isnt 7 games better and Kawhi's isnt 14 games better.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No

Its going to be , between Leonard , Harden, Westbrook

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2017, 06:16:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

My top-5:

1. Kawhi
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. IT
5. Westbrook

Roy,

Smitty77

Imagine this scenario:

Smitty77

Most of what we do on here is speculation and conjecture.

Westbrook strikes me as being a stats chaser. Him caring about his numbers isn't new; how many times did he force shots when Durant had better opportunities?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 06:17:00 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I think even if IT scores 40 points each game the rest of the way he isn't winning MVP. He will be a top 5 candidate thats for sure.
Its officially a lock between Westbrook and Harden.

My money is on Westbrook. Breakthrough season in triple doubles plus his team rwachin the playoffs albeit as a 4th or 6th seed.

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 06:45:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think even if IT scores 40 points each game the rest of the way he isn't winning MVP. He will be a top 5 candidate thats for sure.
Its officially a lock between Westbrook and Harden.

My money is on Westbrook. Breakthrough season in triple doubles plus his team rwachin the playoffs albeit as a 4th or 6th seed.

I think Harden will win just because his team is performing much better

Harden doesn't have as many triple doubles RW but enough for the season

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2017, 06:52:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Westbrook strikes me as being a stats chaser. Him caring about his numbers isn't new; how many times did he force shots when Durant had better opportunities?
I don't know, how many? Should we ask someone who has seen a nontrivial amount of OKC games?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."