Author Topic: If we get #1 seed, is IT a lock for MVP?  (Read 3288 times)

Re: If we get #1 seed, is IT a lock for MVP?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 10:02:24 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Id more likely say that brad stevens is a lock for coach of the year if we are number one seed

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Id more likely say that brad stevens is a lock for coach of the year if we are number one seed

I haven't thought much about COTY. Who is the favorite? D'Antoni? Spoelstra? Pops?

I'm not sure either. Maybe D'antoni, Stevens. Maybe Quin Snyder in Utah?

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 10:54:06 AM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
If we get the #1 seed he remains in the conversation for politeness sake.

If we get the #1 seed is he a lock for MVP?
Absolutely not.

On Celticsblog, he's not even a lock not to be listed in future trades. lol
Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 11:10:41 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
He'd be a lock for top-two in the East.

My top-5:

1. Kawhi
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. IT
5. Westbrook

Kawhi gets overlooked so much. He's a top-tier scorer and defender for the team that could end up with the NBA's best record. I'm a big IT fan, but would you trade IT's three extra points per game for Kawhi's defense? I would.

Roy,

PLEASE tell me you are kidding having Westbrook #5!!!!!  He WILL be MVP!!!  And he deserves it!!!  He has carried OKC, a team with far LESS talent than Houston or San Antonio or Cleveland or even Boston (that is a close one, but losing KD and the injury to Kanter and the trade of Ibaka, etc. makes the lack of continuity an issue that IT did not have to face to the same degree!!)!!

Smitty77

P.S.  Why the dislike or disrespect toward RW???????????????

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 11:16:10 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

My top-5:

1. Kawhi
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. IT
5. Westbrook

Kawhi gets overlooked so much. He's a top-tier scorer and defender for the team that could end up with the NBA's best record. I'm a big IT fan, but would you trade IT's three extra points per game for Kawhi's defense? I would.

Kawhi is great, but he is surrounded by Aldridge (until recent medical condition that just was announced), Gasol, Parker, Ginobili, Mills, Danny Green, David the TRAITOR Lee, Dedmon, Bertans, etc.

Smitty77

P.S.  It is MUCH easier to come up with big plays on offense and defense when you have been able to pace yourself and get some rest for the first 98% of the game.  RW does NOT have that luxury!!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 11:18:29 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I haven't thought much about COTY. Who is the favorite? D'Antoni? Spoelstra? Pops?

It HAS to be Spoelstra if justice is done.  What Spoelstra has done in Miami is HISTORIC with little to no overall top to bottom talent!!!  I could coach SA to 60 wins.  I could coach Houston to 55 or more wins.

Smitty77

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
Forget MVP. Russell Westbrook is having a HOF worthy season!!

I think it will come down to Westbrook or Leonard.
But I don't think most journalists and broadcasters can spell Kawhi,
so it's got to be Westbrook.

Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nope, he is not enough of a media darling.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'd say no, he's too one demential.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

It HAS to be Spoelstra if justice is done.  What Spoelstra has done in Miami is HISTORIC with little to no overall top to bottom talent!!!  I could coach SA to 60 wins.  I could coach Houston to 55 or more wins.

Smitty77

I would probably have to agree on Spoelstra if they get into the playoffs. David Lee is a traitor? I thought we dumped him and none of our fan base wanted him?

So- since you could coach SA to 6o wins and Houston to 55  :police:. How many wins could you coach GS to and Cleveland? I am not sold on Kerr and especially Lue as coaches.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

My top-5:

1. Kawhi
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. IT
5. Westbrook

Kawhi is great, but he is surrounded by Aldridge (until recent medical condition that just was announced), Gasol, Parker, Ginobili, Mills, Danny Green, David the TRAITOR Lee, Dedmon, Bertans, etc.

Smitty77

P.S.  It is MUCH easier to come up with big plays on offense and defense when you have been able to pace yourself and get some rest for the first 98% of the game.  RW does NOT have that luxury!!!!

I'd put Russ 3rd, behind LeBron and Harden.  I think OKC would be even better if you replaced Russ with either of those two, and those are the only two players in the NBA I feel comfortable saying that about.

LeBron should be the MVP every year.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 01:29:16 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

I would probably have to agree on Spoelstra if they get into the playoffs. David Lee is a traitor? I thought we dumped him and none of our fan base wanted him?

So- since you could coach SA to 6o wins and Houston to 55  :police:. How many wins could you coach GS to and Cleveland? I am not sold on Kerr and especially Lue as coaches.

What I mean on Lee is he came to us HORRIBLY out of shape and played himself into shape as the season went and then in the off season.  He TOTALLY DISRESPECTED our organization.  I despise him!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

My top-5:

1. Kawhi
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. IT
5. Westbrook

Roy,

PLEASE tell me you are kidding having Westbrook #5!!!!!  He WILL be MVP!!!  And he deserves it!!!  He has carried OKC, a team with far LESS talent than Houston or San Antonio or Cleveland or even Boston (that is a close one, but losing KD and the injury to Kanter and the trade of Ibaka, etc. makes the lack of continuity an issue that IT did not have to face to the same degree!!)!!

Smitty77

P.S.  Why the dislike or disrespect toward RW???????????????

Imagine this scenario:

It's Game 82. It's the final play of the game. OKC is down by 1.. If OKC wins, they're the West's #3 seed; if they lose they drop down to #5.

Westbrook has locked up the scoring title. He needs 1 more assist to average a triple double for the season.

Westbrook has the ball. Due to a defensive breakdown, Westbrook has a path to an uncontested layup. Oladipo is alone in the corner for an uncontested three, but it will be a risky pass.

What does Westbrook do? Win the game, or *maybe* win the game and average a triple double for the season?

I think he goes for the assist.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

As to your question, 65 games in Cleveland and 75 (yes, a NEW record) in G.S.:-))))

Smitty77

P.S. I am a coaching GIANT in my own mind:-)))))

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Smitty77

As to your question, 65 games in Cleveland and 75 (yes, a NEW record) in G.S.:-))))

Smitty77

P.S. I am a coaching GIANT in my own mind:-)))))

Okay you are on the short list for the Celtics should Brad ever decide to leave.