Less Than 7 Games
1 (3.1%)
7-9 Games
7 (21.9%)
10-12 Games
17 (53.1%)
13-15 Games
3 (9.4%)
We Go Undefeated In That Stretch (Somehow...)
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Final 16 Games: Great Chance To Finish Strong (Unlike Last Season)  (Read 2111 times)

Re: Final 16 Games: Great Chance To Finish Strong (Unlike Last Season)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The schedule is WEAK these last 16. Two toughest games are Washington and Cleveland at home and Cleveland is near the end. The might shut it down by then. The rest are bottom playoff teams or lotto teams, many from the East.

10-12 is reasonable.

I predicted 12 wins myself but I like the way you "dismiss" the "bottom playoff teams" - you mean like Denver?

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 03:25:33 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
The schedule is WEAK these last 16. Two toughest games are Washington and Cleveland at home and Cleveland is near the end. The might shut it down by then. The rest are bottom playoff teams or lotto teams, many from the East.

10-12 is reasonable.

...which normaly beat us up now and then.

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 03:53:02 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

10-12 is reasonable.

The schedule is weak. Just like how weak the Suns and Denver are that put the Celtics away during their away games. Just like the weak Sacramento Kings that beat the C's. My gawd this team might even lose at home to the Wolves on Wednesday.

The Celtics still look inconsistent. I just hope you're right that they finish strong...my expectation is just making it to the East Semis in the playoffs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 04:12:25 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

10-12 is reasonable.

...which normaly beat us up now and then.

10-12 is reasonable.

The schedule is weak. Just like how weak the Suns and Denver are that put the Celtics away during their away games. Just like the weak Sacramento Kings that beat the C's. My gawd this team might even lose at home to the Wolves on Wednesday.

The Celtics still look inconsistent. I just hope you're right that they finish strong...my expectation is just making it to the East Semis in the playoffs.

10-12 is reasonable.

I predicted 12 wins myself but I like the way you "dismiss" the "bottom playoff teams" - you mean like Denver?

I would rather win more games against great teams, than lose easy ones to bad teams. I feel more safe if we were facing the Nuggets of all teams in the playoff... We would definitely win against them, some teams just play terrible against bad teams. Cleveland and Golden State are also great examples of this.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 04:38:50 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
well, we were in the driver's seat, now we have lost it. But I totally agree schedule doesn't matter if the effort isn't there.

Schedule is greatly overrated, the Wizards have won 9 out of last 10 road games.

We're in the driver's seat for the number 2 seed. Our schedule is substantially easier than Washington's schedule down the stretch, but as we've seen this year with this team, schedule doesn't matter if the effort isn't there. We'll have to actually play well to secure the number two seed, but we're certainly in the driver's seat to keep it.

Pretty much I think  it'll boil down to who wins our final game against them. If they win, then they'll gain a full game on us and own the playoff tiebreaker. If we win, then we'll gain a game on them and be 90% likely to own the playoff tiebreaker.

Hopefully the Trailblazers beat them tonight after an OT game in Sacramento last night. I might start getting a bit nervous if they come out with another win tonight.

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 12:53:07 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
If I'm not mistaken, the preseason predictions had us at 52.5 wins or so.  The majority of the fan base scoffed at that but it's looking spot on right now.

The majority of the fan base also didn't expect AB, Al, and Jae to miss large chunks of the season either, let alone all of our other injuries.

We're probably a 60 win team if we were healthy this year. I think at least some of the inconsistency with this team is due to the injuries that have caused chemistry issues and inconsistent play/rotations this season.

Now just imagine next season when we add Griffin/Hayward + Fultz/Ball/Jackson + Zizic.

8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I thought this team could get to 55 wins before the season. 55 should be enough for the 2 seed and maybe even the 1. Going to be tough sledding though to win finish 13-2 the rest of the way. I voted for 10-12. 52 wins may be the ceiling, we'll see.

NEED that 2 seed to have a potential Game 7 in Boston for the 2nd round.