Author Topic: Do C's rest up for playoffs or engage in a seeding battle with Wizards and Cavs?  (Read 3889 times)

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
What is the best strategy going forward for the playoffs?

Do we ease up and get healthy for the playoffs, or do we engage in an aggressive push for top seed and perhaps risk injury or fatigue for the playoffs?

I think you rest some guys like IT but guys like AB and Horford have had enough rest this season. It is actually kind of funny that these guys need rest. They are great athletes and they are playing a game. I wish in my career toward the end of the year my employers would say - you take the night off and watch your peers work today. Just get some rest.

A "game" where you have to  engage in a highly physical activity at a very high level while traveling to different altitudes, timezones and whatnot. Heck ordinary people get sore just from doing ordinary stuff. Very ignorant comment.
You are ignorant to say that. We know what they do and how well they get paid to do it. Chris Mannis basically said the same thing so I guess he is as well. You don't have any idea what I did for my career or what shifts I had or what kind of stress I had in my job. Plus I had 2 tours in different time zones in Iraq and Afghanistan so guess what? Shut Up and don't call people ignorant - ignoramus!

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
so say the typical "injury guys" are all injured and out - Bradley, Crowder & KO and pick some random player playing with something but we have home court, you think we're winning with guys like rozier, young, jerebko, green getting big mins.?

if you say yes i'm not sure I want to waste my time continuing with this discussion.

Assuming Bradley, Crowder, and KO are all out is one hell of a pessimistic assumption. No team is going to play well in the playoffs with 3 of their top-7 rotation players out.

that's my point!

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
What is the best strategy going forward for the playoffs?

Do we ease up and get healthy for the playoffs, or do we engage in an aggressive push for top seed and perhaps risk injury or fatigue for the playoffs?

I think you rest some guys like IT but guys like AB and Horford have had enough rest this season. It is actually kind of funny that these guys need rest. They are great athletes and they are playing a game. I wish in my career toward the end of the year my employers would say - you take the night off and watch your peers work today. Just get some rest.

A "game" where you have to  engage in a highly physical activity at a very high level while traveling to different altitudes, timezones and whatnot. Heck ordinary people get sore just from doing ordinary stuff. Very ignorant comment.
You are ignorant to say that. We know what they do and how well they get paid to do it. Chris Mannis basically said the same thing so I guess he is as well. You don't have any idea what I did for my career or what shifts I had or what kind of stress I had in my job. Plus I had 2 tours in different time zones in Iraq and Afghanistan so guess what? Shut Up and don't call people ignorant - ignoramus!

LOL so from what I'm getting here you are saying that traveling to different time zones doesnt get you tired? And that you don't need rest? Because if you say otherwise then it just proves me right lol. Just because you are in a bad situation doesnt mean others have to be. Who cares about what Chris "Mannis" (its Mannix btw) says, Golden State rested their starters today and Adam Silver apparently understands.

Btw your post "You don't have any idea what I did for my career or what shifts I had or what kind of stress I had in my job" is what should be said to you. People like you are the kind to underestimate what other people does, and think what they do is easy. Newsflash, you don't know what others go through at their jobs unless you have the same job as them. Everyone has their own battles to fight, so stop posting like you know what players go through, or if you are worse off you feel everyone should be like you.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Battle.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I would rest IT and Horford a bit IF we've been killing it recently. But we haven't...

We are not the Cavs who can just turn it on in the playoff,

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
if we rest core guys we gonna pummel down the standings  ???

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
double post

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think IT needs some rest. But he's desperate to get the scoring title so I doubt he will. Crowder's been out a bit already but he looks tired to me as well.

Someone who has surprised me lately with his energy is Amir. He's been a hustling beast lately.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
IT never seems to need rest as in energy .  Mayb he has little injuries that bug him . He is the tuffest guy on the team,  he is built like a tank and knows how to hit the floor with least impact on his body. 

AB , Horford, Smart , Crowder need to 100 % or we won't get out of round one. If even one has a sprain , it puts a monkey wrench in CBS s. Machine .  Then people will yell about how their team play is off. 

I would really try and keep these guys in peak operational order or we are in big trouble, especially Horford and Bradley .

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Wilt Chamberlain played 14 seasons and AVERAGED 45.8 minutes per game. Besides that he had 20,000 women. He didn't need rest. Players today get first class hotels, first class transportation, per diem and even "average" players are multi-millionaires. Just sayin...

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wilt Chamberlain played 14 seasons and AVERAGED 45.8 minutes per game. Besides that he had 20,000 women. He didn't need rest. Players today get first class hotels, first class transportation, per diem and even "average" players are multi-millionaires. Just sayin...
Wilt is a genetic freak. And I'm pretty sure he was heavy into fitness far more than half the guys that play today. If this was the Era he played in he would avg 48 mins, be a two sport pro, and be the king of Tinder.

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
Isn't pretty much everyone healthy right now?  If a guy is ailing sure give him a day off but there is no reason to just rest players.

Rest is for the wicked!
Roll out the ball and let 'em play!
Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We can't afford to rest...It is not like we can coast on our bench and win like some teams.   We might be able to rest an individual here and there though but not wholesale because we would definitely not maintain our seeding.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
i'd prefer they go for it, balls to the wall. but like I stated previously - this team doesn't have the luxury of worrying about home court advantage, if they want to have a chance of getting outta the 1st rnd. resting is the only option.

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
We aren't actually a seasoned playoff team.. We need to catch a rhythm and ride it if we want to advance..  We are not an overly talented team. 

And we really should avoid that 4th seed.