Author Topic: Do C's rest up for playoffs or engage in a seeding battle with Wizards and Cavs?  (Read 3891 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
What is the best strategy going forward for the playoffs?

Do we ease up and get healthy for the playoffs, or do we engage in an aggressive push for top seed and perhaps risk injury or fatigue for the playoffs?

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Do we ease up and get healthy for the playoffs, or do we engage in an aggressive push for top seed and perhaps risk injury or fatigue for the playoffs?

I think you rest some guys like IT but guys like AB and Horford have had enough rest this season. It is actually kind of funny that these guys need rest. They are great athletes and they are playing a game. I wish in my career toward the end of the year my employers would say - you take the night off and watch your peers work today. Just get some rest.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Play it out. We haven't had a long stretch this season with all of our guys healthy at once and clicking. It would be good to have that going into the playoffs. We still have issues to work out on both ends of the floor.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Isn't pretty much everyone healthy right now?  If a guy is ailing sure give him a day off but there is no reason to just rest players.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this team doesn't have the luxury of concerning themselves with home court advantage. if they're not healthy they will definitely lose in the 1st rnd., if they're healthy they may have a chance to get out of the 1st rnd.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Agree with other people's sentiments. We aren't exactly the Spurs of years past or Cleveland with Lebron in terms of talent or age. I think most of us are just crossing our fingers to get a first round victory. It's time to see what we really have with a healthy team. Obviously we shouldn't go nuts and overplay all of our rotation players, but solid effort to get the 2 or 3 seed should definitely be there.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Give Brown some extended minutes, and develop him at both SF and SG. 

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Give IT some rest and lower his minutes a bit, especially against inferior opponents (like the Nets, etc.)

I agree with what others have said. AB and Horford already had some rest with their injuries. Not saying go overkill on their minutes but also give them good action.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I agree play it safe with IT. Id also do the same with Crowder. Try to get AB used to the bigger minutes again. See if AB and Horford can get some better chemistry and carry more of the load. Come playoffs teams will focus on IT. Crowder will face tough match ups and possibly be in foul trouble often.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Play it out. We haven't had a long stretch this season with all of our guys healthy at once and clicking. It would be good to have that going into the playoffs. We still have issues to work out on both ends of the floor.

Agreed.

This team has more pressing issues right now than resting guys who haven't even played full season anyways.

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Rest will do little to help this team.  The issue is not rest, it's talent and effort, the exact same thing that has plagued us all through the season.  Their mentality going into the playoffs is what matter, not rest.

It doesn't matter whether rest is granted or not, they'll perform however they'll perform.  Might as well push for better seeding than rest guys, risking rust and disrupting cohesion.  This team need to be firing on all Cylinder all the way through.  Since the team is young enough to handle it, I'd rather not rest guys.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:03:00 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I think you rest some guys like IT but guys like AB and Horford have had enough rest this season. It is actually kind of funny that these guys need rest. They are great athletes and they are playing a game. I wish in my career toward the end of the year my employers would say - you take the night off and watch your peers work today. Just get some rest.

A "game" where you have to  engage in a highly physical activity at a very high level while traveling to different altitudes, timezones and whatnot. Heck ordinary people get sore just from doing ordinary stuff. Very ignorant comment.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
this team doesn't have the luxury of concerning themselves with home court advantage. if they're not healthy they will definitely lose in the 1st rnd., if they're healthy they may have a chance to get out of the 1st rnd.
I think you have it backwards.  This team doesn't have the talent advantage over any of the competitors around us.  So home court is crucial to give us some kind of edge.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
so say the typical "injury guys" are all injured and out - Bradley, Crowder & KO and pick some random player playing with something but we have home court, you think we're winning with guys like rozier, young, jerebko, green getting big mins.?

if you say yes i'm not sure I want to waste my time continuing with this discussion. 

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
so say the typical "injury guys" are all injured and out - Bradley, Crowder & KO and pick some random player playing with something but we have home court, you think we're winning with guys like rozier, young, jerebko, green getting big mins.?

if you say yes i'm not sure I want to waste my time continuing with this discussion.

Assuming Bradley, Crowder, and KO are all out is one hell of a pessimistic assumption. No team is going to play well in the playoffs with 3 of their top-7 rotation players out.