Author Topic: Washington now the 2 seed  (Read 5136 times)

Re: Washington now the 2 seed
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I really like the Wizards but they're channeling their inner Paul Simon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_H-LY4Jb2M

They lack Grit.

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2017, 10:28:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Washington has a bad record on the road. They are starting to look like they are about to play themselves out of the 3 seed. I don't want to see that.

I've been worried about that too.

If that's because you want to see them in round 2 more than Toronto, the best solution is to take the top spot from Cleveland (which is still quite doable if we beat them in our final matchup.)

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Washington has a bad record on the road. They are starting to look like they are about to play themselves out of the 3 seed. I don't want to see that.

If that's because you want to see them in round 2 more than Toronto, the best solution is to take the top spot from Cleveland (which is still quite doable if we beat them in our final matchup.)

The 1 to 4 seed is a toss-up. If we're anywhere close to Cleveland, that'll be a feat. But don't forget the possible 6-8 seed opponents- especially if the Celtics have to face the Miami Heat in round 1.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 10:36:22 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Yes I think it's best to avoid that matchup in the 2nd round. If Lowry is still hurt I wouldn't worry about it too much though.

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

The 1 to 4 seed is a toss-up. If we're anywhere close to Cleveland, that'll be a feat. But don't forget the possible 6-8 seed opponents- especially if the Celtics have to face the Miami Heat in round 1.

We would sweep the Miami Heat

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 10:54:43 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Looks like no.2 seed is in the bag. Three more home games this week. No back to backs.
8 of last 11 games at home compared to 4 of 12 for Wash, 6 of 12 for Toronto, 7 of 13 for Clev.

Somebody tweeted Celtics are 22-2 when they outrebound their opponent. Who said rebounding wasn't important?  :laugh:

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

You're probably right, Toronto has a pretty soft schedule the rest of the way.  Tough to tell with ~12 games left, but they can def leapfrog the Wiz.  I would think both teams are motivated to avoid CLE.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 11:05:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Looks like no.2 seed is in the bag. Three more home games this week. No back to backs.
8 of last 11 games at home compared to 4 of 12 for Wash, 6 of 12 for Toronto, 7 of 13 for Clev.

Somebody tweeted Celtics are 22-2 when they outrebound their opponent. Who said rebounding wasn't important?  :laugh:

The way we play against teams like the Suns, Sixers, Nets, etc. , nothing is in the bag.

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2017, 12:01:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
In their dreams  ;D

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2017, 12:35:26 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I prefer playing Washington than Raps. I said before we can beat the Wiz but either got laughed at or ignored. Washington beat us 2x before because we either had no Thomas, or Bradley. The Raptors meanwhile historically has been a problem.