Author Topic: Washington now the 2 seed  (Read 5165 times)

Re: Washington now the 2 seed
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
With Bradley healthy, I believe we match up very well against them, as last season 4-0 shown.
We haven't been healthy this year. Granted they find a better coach that suit their style but coming playoffs, I don't think they have what it takes to beat us in a 7 game series, with or without home court.
I find Toronto much more dangerous with their length (DeRozan) and Valenciunas in the paint. We don't match well against Toronto this season.
Anyway, we are not coming out the east unless Lebron get injured. And we are not winning the championship unless KD is injured.
Enjoy the ride and prepare for the off season. :)

The wizards are a different team compared to last year, the 4-0 record means nothing.  A lot of folks on this board underestimate how good they are, saying they're inconsistent and they can't win on the road, they're schedule gets tough.

Compare how consistent we've been and how well we've been on the road out west lately and I don't understand how a lot of folks just think they're not a problem and a win is in the bag.

It's like the first time I can remember Beal being totally healthy for a whole year .  His complete health has made a huge impact.  I remember thinking at one point I was not wanting him on Celtics , he seemed more,fragile than Avery.   He is important to Wizards as Lowry to Raptors.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I thought for sure they were going to lose last night and they came back and won in OT on the controversial shot by Morris. They are not taking their foot off the gas pedal. Our guys need to do the same and stop dropping games to teams we should beat.

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 10:01:53 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Washington is better than we are.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2017, 10:15:59 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not wishing for injury but i really don't believe Beal can sustain his health through the season
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:23:03 AM by playdream »

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's much more likely we take the 2 seed over the Wizards. We have one of the easiest runs for the end of the season and they have a schedule riddled with playoff teams.

That being said, they also had a very poor start to the season and they are a completely different team now.

But schedule wise, we have a much easier road to the 2nd seed, which is probably the best way for us to make the conference finals obviously.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 10:41:10 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I thought for sure they were going to lose last night and they came back and won in OT on the controversial shot by Morris. They are not taking their foot off the gas pedal. Our guys need to do the same and stop dropping games to teams we should beat.

There evidently was NOTHING controversial about it!!!  He stepped out of bounds and the REFS MISSED it.  That is just incompetence, not controversy!!!

At what point is the NBA going to fix what is reviewable and what is not.  This is embarrassing and humiliating for the entire league and professional basketball around the world.

FIX IT.

Smitty77

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

There evidently was NOTHING controversial about it!!!  He stepped out of bounds and the REFS MISSED it.  That is just incompetence, not controversy!!!

At what point is the NBA going to fix what is reviewable and what is not.  This is embarrassing and humiliating for the entire league and professional basketball around the world.

FIX IT.

Smitty77

I didn't see it live. Did they review it or not? If they did review it why didn't they overturn it?

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
Not sure this is worthy of its own thread, but interesting nonetheless. 

The 76ers happen to be the 14th seed, a smooth 19.5 games back.  Still unclear if Embiid's spine can support his body, knee and foot issues may just be collateral damage.

Please, explain WHY you thought this belonged here.

Smitty77

Because while I appreciate his contributions, the OP is a known 76ers fan that likely created this thread to troll us.

But, you are the one that brought Philly into this.  The OP did NOT.

Confused.

Smitty77

Logic to the illogical is like asking a man who knows that tomato is a fruit not to put it in his fruit salad.  I consider the well timed post, a theatrical "aside" to the main post.
or a fun fact....lol
Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

FIX IT.

Smitty77

I didn't see it live. Did they review it or not? If they did review it why didn't they overturn it?

They said it was NOT reviewable!!!  Common sense needs to take over in the NBA and in life in general!!!!

Smitty77

P.S. The WRONG team won this game, period!!!!  The refs screwed up!!!  They should HAVE to own up.  What are the consequences for them MISSING this?  This could cost Portland a playoff spot and us the #2 seed on a much less consequential level!!!!

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

FIX IT.

Smitty77

They said it was NOT reviewable!!!  Common sense needs to take over in the NBA and in life in general!!!!

Smitty77

P.S. The WRONG team won this game, period!!!!  The refs screwed up!!!  They should HAVE to own up.  What are the consequences for them MISSING this?  This could cost Portland a playoff spot and us the #2 seed on a much less consequential level!!!!

Not reviewable? That's ridiculous that the outcome of a game is not reviewable.

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

FIX IT.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Awful---Washington LOST this game--and it was given to them because of the rules.
If Refs can review a foot on a 3 point line ALL game long--they SHOULD be able to review a foot out of bounds---Especially during the last few minutes of a game---Give each coach a Challenge or 2 per game...Because what happened last night was shameful to the league.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Not sure this is worthy of its own thread, but interesting nonetheless. 

The 76ers happen to be the 14th seed, a smooth 19.5 games back.  Still unclear if Embiid's spine can support his body, knee and foot issues may just be collateral damage.

Please, explain WHY you thought this belonged here.

Smitty77

Because while I appreciate his contributions, the OP is a known 76ers fan that likely created this thread to troll us.

How did you like that Duke - Carolina game last night? Pretty freakin' awesome if you ask me.

Go Duke!

Tar Heels suck!

Ahem...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Washington has a bad record on the road. They are starting to look like they are about to play themselves out of the 3 seed. I don't want to see that.

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 10:05:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
No dey not

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 10:05:47 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Washington has a bad record on the road. They are starting to look like they are about to play themselves out of the 3 seed. I don't want to see that.

I've been worried about that too. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC