Author Topic: Washington now the 2 seed  (Read 5140 times)

Re: Washington now the 2 seed
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 02:32:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not sure this is worthy of its own thread, but interesting nonetheless. 

The 76ers happen to be the 14th seed, a smooth 19.5 games back.  Still unclear if Embiid's spine can support his body, knee and foot issues may just be collateral damage.

Please, explain WHY you thought this belonged here.

Smitty77

Because while I appreciate his contributions, the OP is a known 76ers fan that likely created this thread to troll us.

How did you like that Duke - Carolina game last night? Pretty freakin' awesome if you ask me.

Go Duke!

Tar Heels suck!

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Coming off a tough road trip, the schedule says the Celtics should stay in the thick of it, though it could have been a lot better if Ainge had done anything at the trade deadline. Even Bogut might still be playing if he had bagged him. Danny doesn't seem to be too worried about this year, so maybe why should I.  :)

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Coming off a tough road trip, the schedule says the Celtics should stay in the thick of it, though it could have been a lot better if Ainge had done anything at the trade deadline. Even Bogut might still be playing if he had bagged him. Danny doesn't seem to be too worried about this year, so maybe why should I.  :)

We have somewhat of an easy schedule going to the playoffs. We already beat GS and that was one of last real games we have. We have Washington and the CAvs but both are at home. Mostly home games too. Plus we might get a late win against Cleveland if they are resting like 2015 with the #1 seed secure.

Not worried.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 03:19:48 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

The 76ers happen to be the 14th seed, a smooth 19.5 games back.  Still unclear if Embiid's spine can support his body, knee and foot issues may just be collateral damage.

Smitty77

Because while I appreciate his contributions, the OP is a known 76ers fan that likely created this thread to troll us.

How did you like that Duke - Carolina game last night? Pretty freakin' awesome if you ask me.

Go Duke!

Tar Heels suck!

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but...

My cats breath smells like cat food.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Smitty77

Go Duke!

Tar Heels suck!

Jeremy Irons. Much more difficult than Alec Guinness.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 04:08:54 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Wizard have a good team, not surprising, they should be a little better than the C's. That being said, they have a rough stretch of games ahead with TWO road trips. The C's have the easiest rest of the schedule. And the Cavs have the 6th hardest. There could be a big battle for 1-3.

This is how it should be, not just two to four clear cut teams out of the entire league. WAY more exciting this way.

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

Hahahahahaha

Smitty77

Go Duke!

Tar Heels suck!

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 04:34:26 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

Smitty77

Go Duke!

Tar Heels suck!

Hahahahaha

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2017, 04:48:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Smitty77

Go Duke!

Tar Heels suck!

Hey, now... 76ers-Celts jokes are one thing, but UNC-Duke jokes should be off limits.   ;D
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 05:15:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
They won't keep it.

Ask Fido.

I really like their team but they lack grit. You need grit on your feet (see Fido) to hold your place.

For all of their "Black out" nights they have this recent run of theirs is simply a blip on the radar screen.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 04:45:58 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Not surprised, the Wizards has been one of the best teams in 2017, and the C's just turned off recently.

People overrate the schedule, a few weeks ago I asked if we can beat Wizards in the 2nd round with home court advantage, many thought the Wizards won't even get the 3rd seed. The Wizards is a better team, and they probably want the 2nd seed more than we do.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 05:44:04 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Not surprised, the Wizards has been one of the best teams in 2017, and the C's just turned off recently.

People overrate the schedule, a few weeks ago I asked if we can beat Wizards in the 2nd round with home court advantage, many thought the Wizards won't even get the 3rd seed. The Wizards is a better team, and they probably want the 2nd seed more than we do.

At what cost? A Beal injury... again?
I don't think it's appropriate to give it all for this 2nd seed. The end of season is cruel for all those athletes, they need rest before the playoffs.

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 06:00:39 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26

At what cost? A Beal injury... again?
I don't think it's appropriate to give it all for this 2nd seed. The end of season is cruel for all those athletes, they need rest before the playoffs.

For the wizards it has to be whatever cost, they don't have 2 Net's pick, they want to contend, unlike the C's.

For us I agree it doesn't matter that much, we'll probably lose to the wizards in the 2nd round with a home court advantage. Some would still consider it a victory.

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 06:26:25 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
With Bradley healthy, I believe we match up very well against them, as last season 4-0 shown.
We haven't been healthy this year. Granted they find a better coach that suit their style but coming playoffs, I don't think they have what it takes to beat us in a 7 game series, with or without home court.
I find Toronto much more dangerous with their length (DeRozan) and Valenciunas in the paint. We don't match well against Toronto this season.
Anyway, we are not coming out the east unless Lebron get injured. And we are not winning the championship unless KD is injured.
Enjoy the ride and prepare for the off season. :)

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2017, 08:48:40 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
With Bradley healthy, I believe we match up very well against them, as last season 4-0 shown.
We haven't been healthy this year. Granted they find a better coach that suit their style but coming playoffs, I don't think they have what it takes to beat us in a 7 game series, with or without home court.
I find Toronto much more dangerous with their length (DeRozan) and Valenciunas in the paint. We don't match well against Toronto this season.
Anyway, we are not coming out the east unless Lebron get injured. And we are not winning the championship unless KD is injured.
Enjoy the ride and prepare for the off season. :)

The wizards are a different team compared to last year, the 4-0 record means nothing.  A lot of folks on this board underestimate how good they are, saying they're inconsistent and they can't win on the road, they're schedule gets tough.

Compare how consistent we've been and how well we've been on the road out west lately and I don't understand how a lot of folks just think they're not a problem and a win is in the bag.
Greg