Author Topic: Washington now the 2 seed  (Read 5137 times)

Washington now the 2 seed
« on: March 11, 2017, 10:10:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
After the C's loss and the Wizards win last night the Wiz are now the 2 seed in the East.  Both are 2.5 games ahead of the Raptors who lost to the Hawks yesterday.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Washington now the 2 seed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
After the C's loss and the Wizards win last night the Wiz are now the 2 seed in the East.  Both are 2.5 games ahead of the Raptors who lost to the Hawks yesterday.
No big deal, we aren't winning the banner this year anyway
Just enjoy the ride

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, the good news is that road trip finally came to an end.  8 of the next 10 are at home.  Celtics should be able to make up some ground.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Did anyone notice that we have played 2 MORE overall games than the Wiz and that we have played SEVEN MORE road games?

I think that that fact will become very relevant by the end of the year!!!

So, I am NOT worried at this point.

Is it supposed to be a shock that we lost to a team with the best center in basketball when we have two ALLEGED 7-footers (who HAVE to be the SOFEST seven footers in the league!!!) who only played a total of 13 minutes and gave us a combined total of 2 points and 2 rebounds???

That being said, that WILL NOT be a problem NEXT YEAR!!!!!  I CANNOT wait!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Not sure this is worthy of its own thread, but interesting nonetheless. 

The 76ers happen to be the 14th seed, a smooth 19.5 games back.  Still unclear if Embiid's spine can support his body, knee and foot issues may just be collateral damage.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

The 76ers happen to be the 14th seed, a smooth 19.5 games back.  Still unclear if Embiid's spine can support his body, knee and foot issues may just be collateral damage.

Please, explain WHY you thought this belonged here.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Smitty77

Because while I appreciate his contributions, the OP is a known 76ers fan that likely created this thread to troll us.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 12:59:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Can you imagine if they won it all?

Would be unreal
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 01:20:44 PM »

Offline WolfofCausewayStreet

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Not surprised, we are inconsistent for several reasons:

Isaiah Thomas makes it impossible for us to play good defense. The switch is forced, Amir/Al come over to help, one pass, two pass, defense collapses. Our you can just drive/ get essentially a wide open mid range look on 5'5 Isaiah.

We are a jumpshooting team, which means we rarely get reliable looks at the rim. If AB bricks like he did tonight, and Jae just forces threes and misses, we are in for a rough night.

Our players, besides Isaiah can't really create on offense. Isaiah has no choice sometimes except try to bail us out with hero ball, because AB and Jae can't create looks for themselves. Its not like we can find Jae in the post, or rely on AB to pull out a dribble move. Al in the post is not a reliable option either anymore.

Wall, Beal are a multidimensional team, with a pass first point guard and several players that can create for themselves. Also they are never really in a 4 on 5 defensive situation that we are often in.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Their remaining schedule is much tougher.  I think they'll have to beat us on the 20th to have any chance of finishing ahead of us. 

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Because while I appreciate his contributions, the OP is a known 76ers fan that likely created this thread to troll us.

But, you are the one that brought Philly into this.  The OP did NOT.

Confused.

Smitty77

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Did anyone notice that we have played 2 MORE overall games than the Wiz and that we have played SEVEN MORE road games?

I think that that fact will become very relevant by the end of the year!!!

So, I am NOT worried at this point.

Is it supposed to be a shock that we lost to a team with the best center in basketball when we have two ALLEGED 7-footers (who HAVE to be the SOFEST seven footers in the league!!!) who only played a total of 13 minutes and gave us a combined total of 2 points and 2 rebounds???

That being said, that WILL NOT be a problem NEXT YEAR!!!!!  I CANNOT wait!!!

Smitty77

But the Wizards won four in a row, esp on the road.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I know most may disagree with me, but at this point any position from 1 - 4 is fine by me as long as we secure home court for the first round. My biggest fear is actually the matchup with the lower seed teams. Currently as #3 seed we would play Pacers, which for us is a much more favourable matchup than Detroit and worse the Bucks

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »

Offline WolfofCausewayStreet

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I know most may disagree with me, but at this point any position from 1 - 4 is fine by me as long as we secure home court for the first round. My biggest fear is actually the matchup with the lower seed teams. Currently as #3 seed we would play Pacers, which for us is a much more favourable matchup than Detroit and worse the Bucks

I think we have a strong possiblity of losing to the Pacers if we meet them. We're not going to be getting many rebounds on the Pacers frontcourt, and the possibility of Playoffs Paul George going to town on us is pretty scary. Honestly, I don't see us beating Detroit either. With KCP and Reggie Jackson potentially hounding the perimeter and Drummond in the paint, we aren't going to be getting many good looks.

I don't see us stopping either of these teams on defense. Isaiah just completely screws up our system. Just force the switch, watch him get roasted off of screens and our defense is essentially done. Teams will manipulate Isaiah's mediocre passing ability during blitzes and hedges, and his excruciatingly terrible defense to get easy buckets.

This team is most likely a first round exit folks, 5 or 6 games.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

I think we have a strong possiblity of losing to the Pacers if we meet them. We're not going to be getting many rebounds on the Pacers frontcourt, and the possibility of Playoffs Paul George going to town on us is pretty scary. Honestly, I don't see us beating Detroit either. With KCP and Reggie Jackson potentially hounding the perimeter and Drummond in the paint, we aren't going to be getting many good looks.

I don't see us stopping either of these teams on defense. Isaiah just completely screws up our system. Just force the switch, watch him get roasted off of screens and our defense is essentially done. Teams will manipulate Isaiah's mediocre passing ability during blitzes and hedges, and his excruciatingly terrible defense to get easy buckets.

This team is most likely a first round exit folks, 5 or 6 games.
Go troll somewhere else with your negativity and your negative threads. Thanks
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek