Author Topic: Marcus Smart/Our team is a disaster  (Read 4487 times)

Re: Marcus Smart/Our team is a disaster
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 06:34:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought trolls were supposed to be witty, guess that is not always the case...

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 08:27:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This thread seems to be a mistake.
My mistake was clicking on it.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 09:13:58 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Do we have someone like an editor here, or just about anyone can start ill-conceived topic and let it hang around?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 09:44:54 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
^Right. Don't be an idiot. No room for that here
so, not only do you author a reactionary and misguided thread that selectively edits info based upon emotions stemming from a recent loss, you insult other posters in our community.

mods, any chance we can lock this toxic puppy? i dont see it going anywhere new or good.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 10:09:06 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
the only guy worth keeping on this team(next to maybe brown) has a bad night and it falls on his shoulders for the entire loss.

if these same fans are Patriots fans as well they're really not deserving of that teams success. you guys woulda traded brady away yrs ago...   

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
I was happy to see only two 3 attempts making 1.  A few too many longer two's but hopefully Smart continues to shoot less longer shots as that will make him far more valuable offensively
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »

Offline WolfofCausewayStreet

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Marcus Smart's FG% from less than 5 ft is 50%.....49.4%. Can't finish.
40.3% from 5-9 ft. His floater or runner is not even reliable.
No midrange game either. 32.4% from 15-19 ft.

Awful. Saying he is going to never going to be a great shooter is an understatement, he will never even become a serviceable scorer at this rate. Tony Allen had some seasons where he was above 60% for shots less than 5 ft. Marcus doesn't even seem like he will match Tony Allen on offense. Let's not forget that TA is arguably one of the best on ball defenders of ALL TIME.

So, please tell me how calling him a poor man's TA is unfair. Please prove me wrong.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Sure is tough being the second best team in the east.

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2017, 11:58:01 AM »

Offline WolfofCausewayStreet

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
'Nerlens Noel deserves the max'.

Sure buddy. Put down the sauce.

When you see a young player like that who is already an elite defender with offensive potential at 22 yrs old, you lock him up.

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 12:08:05 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
You have no positive future Smart.

4-14 from the field. You can't do anything on offensive except flop and draw fouls. Overrated passing.

Sub 37% from the field. Absolute disgrace. Why don't you shoot 4 hours after a loss game like Kobe or Pierce did. It doesn't matter if you can defend Will Barton. In this offensive league you're going to get wrecked if you can't score.

I don't get why we didn't trade him in a package for Noel. He is a max player because of what he will become in two years. Great potential. Don't get why we didn't shoot for him. Probably because Danny is an idiot.

Also should have traded Bradley a long time ago. Can't dribble the ball, pass...pretty much chucking up shots like Jae Crowder.

Our team:

Starters: A chucker, A chucker, A three point chucker, Amir, Soft Pillow

Sixth man: flopper/poor man's Tony Allen

Seventh man: Potentially a Future Rich man's Richard Jefferson. The only player I wouldn't trade for the world.

Wow.  This has to be the most BRILLIANT post in C-blog history:-))  We get outrebounded 49-33 and out-blocked 4 to 2 and the problem is Marcus Smart:-)))

Certainly, it has NOTHING to do with our two alleged seven footers, Oly and Zeller, totaling 2 points and 2 rebounds:-))))  (BTW, are there two softer seven footers in the NBA??????????)

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
You have no positive future Smart.

4-14 from the field. You can't do anything on offensive except flop and draw fouls. Overrated passing.

Sub 37% from the field. Absolute disgrace. Why don't you shoot 4 hours after a loss game like Kobe or Pierce did. It doesn't matter if you can defend Will Barton. In this offensive league you're going to get wrecked if you can't score.

I don't get why we didn't trade him in a package for Noel. He is a max player because of what he will become in two years. Great potential. Don't get why we didn't shoot for him. Probably because Danny is an idiot.

Also should have traded Bradley a long time ago. Can't dribble the ball, pass...pretty much chucking up shots like Jae Crowder.

Our team:

Starters: A chucker, A chucker, A three point chucker, Amir, Soft Pillow

Sixth man: flopper/poor man's Tony Allen

Seventh man: Potentially a Future Rich man's Richard Jefferson. The only player I wouldn't trade for the world.

Wow.  This has to be the most BRILLIANT post in C-blog history:-))  We get outrebounded 49-33 and out-blocked 4 to 2 and the problem is Marcus Smart:-)))

Certainly, it has NOTHING to do with our two alleged seven footers, Oly and Zeller, totaling 2 points and 2 rebounds:-))))  (BTW, are there two softer seven footers in the NBA??????????)

Smitty77

totally agree! I would have felt better about this thread if he just said I don't like Smart and I'm going to blame him for why this team is horrible.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »

Offline clintonwalker

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Go Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. yourself

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Marcus Smart's FG% from less than 5 ft is 50%.....49.4%. Can't finish.
40.3% from 5-9 ft. His floater or runner is not even reliable.
No midrange game either. 32.4% from 15-19 ft.

Awful. Saying he is going to never going to be a great shooter is an understatement, he will never even become a serviceable scorer at this rate. Tony Allen had some seasons where he was above 60% for shots less than 5 ft. Marcus doesn't even seem like he will match Tony Allen on offense. Let's not forget that TA is arguably one of the best on ball defenders of ALL TIME.

So, please tell me how calling him a poor man's TA is unfair. Please prove me wrong.
on top of the fact that at marcus's age, tony allen wasn't even in the league yet....

time will prove you wrong

also, do people forget that passing is part of "offense"
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2017, 12:26:49 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
'Nerlens Noel deserves the max'.

Sure buddy. Put down the sauce.

When you see a young player like that who is already an elite defender with offensive potential at 22 yrs old, you lock him up.

Since when is Noel an elite defender? Noel isn't half the defender Marcus Smart is.
AND Marcus has more offensive potential- boatloads more- than Nerlens Noel.

Your quote about locking up an elite defender with offensive potential is ironic because that's what Marcus Smart is, EXACTLY what he is.

Again, put down the sauce.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2017, 12:38:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I haven't criticized Smart in about 6 weeks and you know if he gave me an excuse I would have.

His shooting in the past month is decent and for the year it's his highest fg% and highest ft%.  He is most likely working on it and is still improving, albeit at an agonizing rate.

His rebounding is down despite playing more minutes but his assists are up.

He's not yet the stud we thought we were signing up for, but he's like 22 years old. I'm looking forward to 24