Author Topic: Casspi receiving interest from several playoff teams  (Read 1904 times)

Casspi receiving interest from several playoff teams
« on: March 10, 2017, 05:42:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245254/Omri-Casspi-Receiving-Interest-From-Multiple-Playoff-Teams

Given Danny's comments recently about having skilled bigs, it wouldn't surprise me if we're one of these teams. Casspi could help our bench offense with his shooting, especially when KO isn't playing all that great or isn't hitting shots. You could do worse as a fifth big/stretch 4.

Re: Casspi receiving interest from several playoff teams
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:20:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Seems kind of redundant to what we already have on the roster... Might be insurance incase of injury... Do you cut Young for him?

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Seems kind of redundant to what we already have on the roster... Might be insurance incase of injury... Do you cut Young for him?

Why not? Young I think has played well in spurts this year - way better than previous years. That being said, Young is not an asset.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Why not? Young I think has played well in spurts this year - way better than previous years. That being said, Young is not an asset.

You're right I think Young is gone at the end of the year so adding some Casspi insurance might make sense. Also keeping him out of Washington, Toronto or Cleveland might be good as well.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:41:35 PM by liam »

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:27:57 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

You're right I think Young is gone at the end of the year so adding some Casspi insurance might make sense. Also keeping out of Washington, Toronto or Cleveland might be good as well.

That is a good point.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245254/Omri-Casspi-Receiving-Interest-From-Multiple-Playoff-Teams

Given Danny's comments recently about having skilled bigs, it wouldn't surprise me if we're one of these teams. Casspi could help our bench offense with his shooting, especially when KO isn't playing all that great or isn't hitting shots. You could do worse as a fifth big/stretch 4.
Casspi is not a real "big", he's the second coming of Jonas Jerebko. Kind of redundant for us.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 06:42:22 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Casspi is not a real "big", he's the second coming of Jonas Jerebko. Kind of redundant for us.

I would rather have 2 Jonas Jerebko's than 1 Jerebko and 1 Young.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 06:42:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

He is redundant but if we had him last year when Kelly was hurt it would've been good.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 06:50:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

He is redundant but if we had him last year when Kelly was hurt it would've been good.
Well yeah, and having a roster limit of 18 would have been even better, but it doesn't work that way...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Just bring back Gigi Datome
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 07:52:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Sure, but at the very least he's a better fifth option for when we rest guys down the stretch (specifically Al and Amir) or for injuries. He'd also come in helpful in games where none of our bigs can hit the broad side of a barn.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Sure, but at the very least he's a better fifth option for when we rest guys down the stretch (specifically Al and Amir) or for injuries. He'd also come in helpful in games where none of our bigs can hit the broad side of a barn.

Translation: he'll sign with Washington or Toronto.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman