Author Topic: Celtics (41-24) at Nuggets (29-35) Game #66 3/10/17  (Read 29840 times)

Re: Celtics (41-24) at Nuggets (29-35) Game #66 3/10/17
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2017, 12:41:47 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Smart is my second favorite player on the Celtics but at least I hold him accountable. He played average today actually. He should be getting the minutes he doesn't, he's better than Rozier. However he really needs to improve on his offensive game, like seriously. I don't understand how people aren't frustrated with it. Don't we want him to be a two way player? Would we be okay with Crowder shooting like this for an entire season? I have been patient with Smart, but at some point he has to start showing signs of improvement. Look at how much Jaylen improved this year? Why can't we see that type of development from Smart? He's only marginally better from last year imo. I really think it is fair to demand Smart to become a better offensive player.
Thank you!! I'm not saying trade Smart or cut him or anything crazy, but just hold the player accountable. I do have a Smart bias, I can't lie, but  guess who my favorite player besides Brown on this team is? IT. And I will be the first to say that his defense kills us in games and is horsesh1t bad. Thankfully his offense is so [dang] good it can make up for it more often than not, but either way I'm not going to continue to never hold IT accountable as you people do with Smart
tankcity says Smart played decent today. You said he sucked today.

those are different things.

Smart is really flawed. Smart was not half as bad as you made him out to be today.

Yeah it's pretty hard for a player like Smart to play badly because one, he is the second best ballhandler on the team, and second his defense is consistent. He does a amazing job boxing out. The guy is a freaking winner. Players hate playing against him. I actually play basketball for fun, and I can understand the type of impact he has on winning. I think maybe it's hard for people to understand because they don't play the sport?
Bro you have no idea who I am and you're trying to call me out. By the way you play for fun, yet somehow that gives you a complex understanding of the game? I've played basketball all my life, but I'm not going to pull out the ignorant "basketball knowledge" defense where it's me and you saying, " I have more basketball knowledge than you in my pinkie" crap.
I'm not disagreeing with people that say he makes winning plays and plays hard. I'm saying the fact that he can't finish around the rim at a high percentage, can't stretch the floor for this offense leaves everyone playing with him in that lineup at a huge disadvantage because he has to be ball dominant even though he's a sub par playmaker at best.

You are saying Smart sucks....He doesn't suck. He's probably going to make the all defensive team this year. How can a player suck when he's that good on defense?

I have more knowledge than you in my pinkie crap? What does that even mean? I'm not a professional athletes by any means, but playing basketball it seems clear to me how much impact little things have on winning a game...not everyone on the team is going to be a star offensive player

I'm not going to argue with you about who knows more about basketball or who's played longer. That's what it means because I have no idea who you are and how long you've played and you don't that either about me. I'm sure we have both played basketball ___ amount of years and we learned this ___ much.  It's a moot point that doesn't deserve time within the debate. I understand that he makes winning plays and acknowledge that as I've said above. I'm saying at some point we need to look objectively at Smart's resume of work. Look back and take a hard look. And realize that Smart is an average overall NBA player that is just as replaceable as the next guy. He plays great D, but a large part of his positives can be outweighed by his glaring weaknesses offensively.

Any argument you make isn't going to hold water. You are just trying to salvage your credibility. You said he played horribly, we showed its isnt so. Then you admit you are biased. Now you are going back on your statement and saying he makes winning plays and just need to look at him objectively, thereby indirectly saying he didn't play too horrible.
Showed with what? Saying he had 7 rebounds? There has been not one stat besides this little cop out to show Smart had a good performance.

MY GOD HOW CAN YOU BE SO THICK?! WE HAVE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING AND EVERYTIME YOU MISS IT!

WE SHOWED YOU BY USING YOUR EFFIN ARGUMENT AGAINST YOU. ITS A WASTE OF TIME TRYING TO ARGUE WITH SOMEONE OF THIS LOW LEVEL.
If I'm so low level, please sir explain to me or show me a statistic of how good Smart's performance is?

You guys claim that plus/minus doesn't matter and I guess his atrocious FG% doesn't matter now. So besides his 7 rebounds and you guys saying he had a great performance, how did he have a good game?

You guys don't have any?

I was arguing that Smart's plus/minus and his terrible FG% were direct examples of why his game was bad. Even if you completely disprove that, it still doesn't prove that Smart had a good game.
Because besides his little 7 rebounds the stats, which generally are more accurate then someone just saying played well, mean more and they show that Smart's overall performance was bad.

It's okay to attack my intelligence buddy, but if you can't argue for yourself I'm not sure you should be talking.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:49:23 AM by alewilliam789 »

« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2017, 12:49:23 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Missed the game.  Anyone still around for an update?  TP your way.

Both of you need to shut up and give me an update on the game.  Defense sucked?  Crowder obviously didn't show up.  Did Kelly disappoint?  We should've sold him as Mason Plumlee-level quality in Nurkic trade. 

I don't want an update on Smart.  Who he is as a player is pretty well-established at this moment, and he's clearly showing signs of growth.  Let's wait and see.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2017, 12:50:34 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

Both of you need to shut up and give me an update on the game.  Defense sucked?  Crowder obviously didn't show up.  Did Kelly disappoint?  We should've sold him as Mason Plumlee-level quality in Nurkic trade. 

I don't want an update on Smart.  Who he is as a player is pretty well-established at this moment, and he's clearly showing signs of growth.  Let's wait and see.
Couldn't get a stop to save our lives. Offense wasn't clicking and we could never overcome the energy that Denver brought and the offensive barrage from Chandler, Gallinari, and about anybody who touched the ball for the Nuggets.

Jokic is pretty [dang] good too

« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2017, 12:53:18 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

everyone sucked. team didnt try for the first half and never really got enough traction to come back.

Brown played well, Bradley started off pretty well, then sucked. Smart competed and had his usual moments on defense but missed some really easy scoring opportunities.

Isaiah never seemed to figure out the pace of the game.

Chandler and Gallo made some good shots. Jokic owned the first half.

Refs sucked both ways.

thats all off the top of my head.

Oh Kelly and Al were both the bad versions of themselves tonight I thought.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2017, 01:02:24 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
TP to you both.  Sounds like we played down to competition again, the Nugs were unusually good, and Jokic is a certified beast.  Glad Brown had another good game, though.  The 2 seed still looks reasonable, and that may make the difference in advancing to the ECF. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2017, 04:29:47 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I know the defense sucked but the offense is just as bad if Isiah isn't rolling still can't believe we didn't pick up a shooter or front court help for boards couldn't be no worse than Young/Mickey/Rozier smh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2017, 07:00:58 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Smart is my second favorite player on the Celtics but at least I hold him accountable. He played average today actually. He should be getting the minutes he doesn't, he's better than Rozier. However he really needs to improve on his offensive game, like seriously. I don't understand how people aren't frustrated with it. Don't we want him to be a two way player? Would we be okay with Crowder shooting like this for an entire season? I have been patient with Smart, but at some point he has to start showing signs of improvement. Look at how much Jaylen improved this year? Why can't we see that type of development from Smart? He's only marginally better from last year imo. I really think it is fair to demand Smart to become a better offensive player.
Thank you!! I'm not saying trade Smart or cut him or anything crazy, but just hold the player accountable. I do have a Smart bias, I can't lie, but  guess who my favorite player besides Brown on this team is? IT. And I will be the first to say that his defense kills us in games and is horsesh1t bad. Thankfully his offense is so [dang] good it can make up for it more often than not, but either way I'm not going to continue to never hold IT accountable as you people do with Smart
tankcity says Smart played decent today. You said he sucked today.

those are different things.

Smart is really flawed. Smart was not half as bad as you made him out to be today.

Yeah it's pretty hard for a player like Smart to play badly because one, he is the second best ballhandler on the team, and second his defense is consistent. He does a amazing job boxing out. The guy is a freaking winner. Players hate playing against him. I actually play basketball for fun, and I can understand the type of impact he has on winning. I think maybe it's hard for people to understand because they don't play the sport?
Bro you have no idea who I am and you're trying to call me out. By the way you play for fun, yet somehow that gives you a complex understanding of the game? I've played basketball all my life, but I'm not going to pull out the ignorant "basketball knowledge" defense where it's me and you saying, " I have more basketball knowledge than you in my pinkie" crap.
I'm not disagreeing with people that say he makes winning plays and plays hard. I'm saying the fact that he can't finish around the rim at a high percentage, can't stretch the floor for this offense leaves everyone playing with him in that lineup at a huge disadvantage because he has to be ball dominant even though he's a sub par playmaker at best.

You are saying Smart sucks....He doesn't suck. He's probably going to make the all defensive team this year. How can a player suck when he's that good on defense?

I have more knowledge than you in my pinkie crap? What does that even mean? I'm not a professional athletes by any means, but playing basketball it seems clear to me how much impact little things have on winning a game...not everyone on the team is going to be a star offensive player

I'm not going to argue with you about who knows more about basketball or who's played longer. That's what it means because I have no idea who you are and how long you've played and you don't that either about me. I'm sure we have both played basketball ___ amount of years and we learned this ___ much.  It's a moot point that doesn't deserve time within the debate. I understand that he makes winning plays and acknowledge that as I've said above. I'm saying at some point we need to look objectively at Smart's resume of work. Look back and take a hard look. And realize that Smart is an average overall NBA player that is just as replaceable as the next guy. He plays great D, but a large part of his positives can be outweighed by his glaring weaknesses offensively.

Any argument you make isn't going to hold water. You are just trying to salvage your credibility. You said he played horribly, we showed its isnt so. Then you admit you are biased. Now you are going back on your statement and saying he makes winning plays and just need to look at him objectively, thereby indirectly saying he didn't play too horrible.
Showed with what? Saying he had 7 rebounds? There has been not one stat besides this little cop out to show Smart had a good performance.

MY GOD HOW CAN YOU BE SO THICK?! WE HAVE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING AND EVERYTIME YOU MISS IT!

WE SHOWED YOU BY USING YOUR EFFIN ARGUMENT AGAINST YOU. ITS A WASTE OF TIME TRYING TO ARGUE WITH SOMEONE OF THIS LOW LEVEL.
If I'm so low level, please sir explain to me or show me a statistic of how good Smart's performance is?

You guys claim that plus/minus doesn't matter and I guess his atrocious FG% doesn't matter now. So besides his 7 rebounds and you guys saying he had a great performance, how did he have a good game?

You guys don't have any?

I was arguing that Smart's plus/minus and his terrible FG% were direct examples of why his game was bad. Even if you completely disprove that, it still doesn't prove that Smart had a good game.
Because besides his little 7 rebounds the stats, which generally are more accurate then someone just saying played well, mean more and they show that Smart's overall performance was bad.

It's okay to attack my intelligence buddy, but if you can't argue for yourself I'm not sure you should be talking.
Um if rock's statement was correct he already explained like that, it's ok to act smug but it's another thing to miss points "buddy"
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2017, 04:22:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
REally could use Zizic about now.  Someone to neutralize guys like Jokic, Plumlee

Nuggets look better without Faried and Mudiya..

« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
REally could use Zizic about now.  Someone to neutralize guys like Jokic, Plumlee

Nuggets look better without Faried and Mudiya..

Zizic better pan out. Or else...