Author Topic: Celtics (41-24) at Nuggets (29-35) Game #66 3/10/17  (Read 29837 times)

Re: Celtics (41-24) at Nuggets (29-35) Game #66 3/10/17
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Is it just me, or have the Celtics literally been screwed by the refs this year?

Refs in no way lost us this game; we lost it ourselves.

But that being said, this was one of the most inconsistently called games all year. And it seemingly happens with the same refs over and over again.

« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2017, 11:21:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Is it just me, or have the Celtics literally been screwed by the refs this year?

Refs in no way lost us this game; we lost it ourselves.

But that being said, this was one of the most inconsistently called games all year. And it seemingly happens with the same refs over and over again.

Yeah, just called badly overall. If we can hold the Warriors under 100 we should be able to do the same for Denver...

« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:04 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Hopefully the Kings keep it up. But knowing them, they won't.

« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
The Celtics have lost by 15+ points more than they've won by 15 or more points. It doesn't really matter since they have the point differential of a 50 win team, or thereabouts, but I don't like it.

« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2017, 11:23:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
See you guys call me hater, but the fact nobody is bringing up how horribly Smart has played shows how bad the bias is here. His plus/minus is -16, shooting less than 30% from the field. You tell me now why I should be harsh on him at all?  Or at least criticize his performance
Smart has played well.

Those of us that watched the game and dont hate him saw that.

Hes a flawed player, and he is a terrible shooter and finisher but his compete level kept us in the game.

You are a hater. simple as that. You got called a hater because your solution was Terry fricken Rozier.
No my solution is that if a player isn't making plays and can't space the floor, which hinders the offense, you sit him. I don't really care who it's for tbh.

And you say those of us who watched the game?
I watched the game. He played hard, he hustled. Beyond that he threw up terrible shots, he was flailing all over the place, and despite his label of a stopper he was playing sub par defense.

If he played well his +/- wouldn't be in the sh1ts and he wouldn't have shot 30% from the field period.

Any other fan from any other fan base would recognize that, but the blinding Smart bias here is ridiculous

Yeah, this is just simply untrue. Smart was the only one to play consistently good D all night long. AB and Amir did good for the most part, too, but IT, Horford, and especially Jae, let alone the bench, were all completely terrible defensively.

And that's such a BS excuse using +/- lol You want to know why his +/- is so terrible? Because he constantly has to play and lead the second unit with scrubs like Rozier and Green. Rozier, KO, JJ, and Green were all no-shows once again tonight, and it's up to Marcus to keep that bench unit afloat.

I think we all know at this point which poster here has the bias with Smart.

« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Go Kings!

« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2017, 11:25:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
See you guys call me hater, but the fact nobody is bringing up how horribly Smart has played shows how bad the bias is here. His plus/minus is -16, shooting less than 30% from the field. You tell me now why I should be harsh on him at all?  Or at least criticize his performance
Smart has played well.

Hes a flawed player, and he is a terrible shooter and finisher but his compete level kept us in the game.

You are a hater. simple as that. You got called a hater because your solution was Terry fricken Rozier.
No my solution is that if a player isn't making plays and can't space the floor, which hinders the offense, you sit him. I don't really care who it's for tbh.

I watched the game. He played hard, he hustled. Beyond that he threw up terrible shots, he was flailing all over the place, and despite his label of a stopper he was playing sub par defense.

If he played well his +/- wouldn't be in the sh1ts and he wouldn't have shot 30% from the field period.

Any other fan from any other fan base would recognize that, but the blinding Smart bias here is ridiculous

Yeah, this is just simply untrue. Smart was the only one to play consistently good D all night long. AB and Amir did good for the most part, too, but IT, Horford, and especially Jae, let alone the bench, were all completely terrible defensively.

And that's such a BS excuse using +/- lol You want to know why his +/- is so terrible? Because he constantly has to play and lead the second unit with scrubs like Rozier and Green. Rozier, KO, JJ, and Green were all no-shows once again tonight, and it's up to Marcus to keep that bench unit afloat.

I think we all know at this point which poster here has the bias with Smart.
based on +/- Smart is better than Isaiah Thomas and thats with a way way way bigger sample size.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2017, 11:25:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
LOL the Kings up 62-50 right before the half. Maybe they'll do us a favor. Toronto lost tonight, too, so perhaps we won't lose any ground, other than the increasingly skeptical number one seed chase, which I'm about to give up on.

« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2017, 11:26:30 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Celtics man handled on the boards 46-33, plus weak defensive effort.

But these refs really have no talent for their craft at all. They simply are not good at calling a game of basketball.

How a defender can hang on the net, WHILE the ball is in the air, and not be called for goal tending is laughable.

« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2017, 11:26:55 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
LOL the Kings up 62-50 right before the half. Maybe they'll do us a favor. Toronto lost tonight, too, so perhaps we won't lose any ground, other than the increasingly skeptical number one seed chase, which I'm about to give up on.

Yeah no.1 seed has been a nice goal but Im fine with no.2 seed, its more realistic anyway. hopefully the Kings hold on. But this is the same team that gave up a 28 pt lead to a Leonard and Aldridge less Spurs.

« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2017, 11:29:40 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Smart has played well.

I
think we all know at this point which poster here has the bias with Smart.

You are right we should ignore all the lineups where he's in with Horford, IT, or Bradley? He plays 25 plus minutes fper game and he plays with many different lineups. I think his plus/minus is a perfect representation of his performance tonight.  I think it's funny the retorts to my criticism of Smart is, "He plays hard!", "He's a fighter!". Guess what it would show up, as it usually does, in some form of statistic. I think it's a complete cop out for Smart to say that we shouldn't ever judge him by the stats.

Does he make hustle plays and plays that don't show up in the stat sheet? Yes, but more often than not that is reflected in his +/-. That's why, as a poster listed above,  his plus/minus is so high.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:35:54 PM by alewilliam789 »

« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2017, 11:30:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yeah no.1 seed has been a nice goal but Im fine with no.2 seed, its more realistic anyway. hopefully the Kings hold on. But this is the same team that gave up a 28 pt lead to a Leonard and Aldridge less Spurs.

You say that, but just watch the Cavs lose inexplicably to the Magic tomorrow at home and draw us right back into the chase lol That's about how it has went since the ASB. We have no business still being in the hunt for the top seed, yet here we are.

« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2017, 11:35:49 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
Is it bad that I've come to expect these losses now?.. wake me up on lottery night.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Smart has played well.

I
think we all know at this point which poster here has the bias with Smart.

You are right we should ignore all the lineups where he's in with Horford, IT, or Bradley? He plays 25 plus minutes fper game and he plays with many different lineups. I think his plus/minus is a perfect representation of his performance tonight.  I think it's funny the retorts to my criticism of Smart is, "He plays hard!", "He's a fighter!". Guess what it would show up, as it usually does, in some form of statistic. I think it's a complete cop out for Smart to say that we shouldn't ever judge him by the stats.

Does he make hustle plays and plays that don't show up in the stat sheet? Yes, but more often than not that is reflected in his +/-

+/- is a noisy stat. its should never be taken into account without context. Smart didn't play particularly well, but he was still making positive contributions. Horford in particular was with Smart and the bench lineup that was largely negative.

« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2017, 11:36:02 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Smart is my second favorite player on the Celtics but at least I hold him accountable. He played average today actually. He should be getting the minutes he doesn't, he's better than Rozier. However he really needs to improve on his offensive game, like seriously. I don't understand how people aren't frustrated with it. Don't we want him to be a two way player? Would we be okay with Crowder shooting like this for an entire season? I have been patient with Smart, but at some point he has to start showing signs of improvement. Look at how much Jaylen improved this year? Why can't we see that type of development from Smart? He's only marginally better from last year imo. I really think it is fair to demand Smart to become a better offensive player.