Author Topic: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents  (Read 12443 times)

Re: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 05:45:32 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
I don't see nothing wrong with it, he smacked his fingers like Jaylen was talking love that from the rook and JB got the last laugh anyway

Sorry, I don't believe in mocking you opponents.
It's childish.

So, I just want to ask...

Larry Bird told Robert Reid that he "should have stayed preaching", told Mark Aguirre that he's "out of his league", or told a coach (can't remember who it was) to "find someone who can guard me".

How about KG with the Honey Nut Cheerios incident, or him blowing into David West's face.

I'm assuming you don't like those as well, and consider childish.

And Bird to Dominique Wilkins when he was rookie:  'You don't belong in this league, Homes.'

The thing with Bird's taunts and KG's , they were phrases said on the floor that were not audible on tv and were meant for the opponent. Curry's hand gestures and similar stuff from other players today are meant more for the cameras and making sports center highlights to market themselves more than they are for their opponents.

So I'm guessing these "hand gestures" were OK because they weren't meant for the cameras and making sportscenter highlights to market themselves:

Also, I'm pretty sure my nephew learned the F word from watching the Celtics on TV when KG was here. I guess KG wasn't talking with the expectation that his words would get picked up by the TV broadcast, but they certainly got picked up by the TV broadcast...several times...per game.

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2017, 07:05:51 PM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Bird and KG were once on the team...Yeah this is fake outrage/trolling.

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I don't get why everything has to be so extreme here. I personally think it was a bit lame that Curry was exaggeratedly pointing at Brown in a game the Warriors had a small lead and also prancing around on the sideline in the 4th with a one point lead. It is not the end of the world. I just think it was foolish.

There were plenty of things I feel like KG did that were kind of foolish (or Rondo, or Pierce for that matter). I don't remember every specific thing off hand, but saying people are hypocrites just because they think curry's actions were kind of dumb seem like an extreme reaction. 

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2017, 07:56:09 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I can't find a video on Youtube, but at the start of the 4th quarter, JB was still in the game.  Good for him to return to the game, but he did look "down" (he kind of jogged following a steal and fast break).  He got subbed out after a minute or two and went to the bench.  At that point, Avery Bradley walks down the bench, sits next to JB, puts his arm around him and talks him up (patting on chest, etc).  Definitely looked like a big-brother pep talk to JB.  I was hoping JB came out again for some meaningful minutes, but I don't believe he did.

That's AB being a team leader.

Returning to a game after someone hits a shot on you is not a courageous act. Also, if Jaylen was really that "down" over one three point shot and some trash talk, I may have to rescind my opinion that he is a star in the making.   

I'll go back and watch again tonight because I'm having a little trouble accepting the fact that a professional athlete, with star potential, was so shaken up over a single shot. Not calling you a liar, I'm just stunned that he would be so sensitive.

He was down about something and AB asked Jonas to seap seats so he could put his arm around Brown and encourage him.
Was pretty cool actually.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.