Author Topic: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents  (Read 12388 times)

Re: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I can't find a video on Youtube, but at the start of the 4th quarter, JB was still in the game.  Good for him to return to the game, but he did look "down" (he kind of jogged following a steal and fast break).  He got subbed out after a minute or two and went to the bench.  At that point, Avery Bradley walks down the bench, sits next to JB, puts his arm around him and talks him up (patting on chest, etc).  Definitely looked like a big-brother pep talk to JB.  I was hoping JB came out again for some meaningful minutes, but I don't believe he did.

That's AB being a team leader.

Returning to a game after someone hits a shot on you is not a courageous act. Also, if Jaylen was really that "down" over one three point shot and some trash talk, I may have to rescind my opinion that he is a star in the making.   

I'll go back and watch again tonight because I'm having a little trouble accepting the fact that a professional athlete, with star potential, was so shaken up over a single shot. Not calling you a liar, I'm just stunned that he would be so sensitive.

Are you basing reality on his post?  Brown didn't even react (or say anything) and didn't even get into after the game either.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Now, in regards to his mannerisms vs. Curry?  Who knows?  That's left up to interpretation. Is fist pumping, high fiving, and waving towels okay compared to some of what Curry does?  I suppose that's up to the individual to decide.

My issue was this idea of holding Bird up as "above this stuff" which really isn't true and I'm pretty sure wouldn't be uttered if not for the different colors of laundry here.

That's pretty much my feeling where I think Curry crosses the line.  I am more fine with aggression and fighting than pointing at a rookie when you hit one shot in a game and you won the MVP twice in a row, dancing, or what have you.  By my code it's just bogus and more of what I dislike in Curry.

Bird was a trash talker and so was KG.  Both got in fights too.  But to me they didn't cross a line where I think they were being respectful to the game, for the most part.  KG is probably my favorite player ever but also I would say even for me he crossed the line a time or two (the Channing Frye nut punch was ridiculous and shameful).

If others want to disagree that's fine.  I know it's a thin line I am sort of drawing here but I do feel it's reasonable.  I have found the Warriors extremely dislikable and it's this kind of thing.  They think they are above it and get treated that way too IMO.  Like I said, LeBron would be getting killed for that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:45:29 PM by Snakehead »

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I can't find a video on Youtube, but at the start of the 4th quarter, JB was still in the game.  Good for him to return to the game, but he did look "down" (he kind of jogged following a steal and fast break).  He got subbed out after a minute or two and went to the bench.  At that point, Avery Bradley walks down the bench, sits next to JB, puts his arm around him and talks him up (patting on chest, etc).  Definitely looked like a big-brother pep talk to JB.  I was hoping JB came out again for some meaningful minutes, but I don't believe he did.

Returning to a game after someone hits a shot on you is not a courageous act. Also, if Jaylen was really that "down" over one three point shot and some trash talk, I may have to rescind my opinion that he is a star in the making.   

I'll go back and watch again tonight because I'm having a little trouble accepting the fact that a professional athlete, with star potential, was so shaken up over a single shot. Not calling you a liar, I'm just stunned that he would be so sensitive.

Are you basing reality on his post?  Brown didn't even react (or say anything) and didn't even get into after the game either.

yeah but you clearly saw his facial reaction like Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?  and waved him off

Curry looked like a clown in that play

never seen him do that to AB...bc he can't

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2017, 12:40:52 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

yeah but you clearly saw his facial reaction like ****?  and waved him off

You're right about Curry.  I was just referring to Brown.  This post was making it seem like he was shook or something when he didn't even react to any of it.

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Now, in regards to his mannerisms vs. Curry?  Who knows?  That's left up to interpretation. Is fist pumping, high fiving, and waving towels okay compared to some of what Curry does?  I suppose that's up to the individual to decide.

My issue was this idea of holding Bird up as "above this stuff" which really isn't true and I'm pretty sure wouldn't be uttered if not for the different colors of laundry here.

That's pretty much my feeling where I think Curry crosses the line.  I am more fine with aggression and fighting than pointing at a rookie when you hit one shot in a game and you won the MVP twice in a row, dancing, or what have you.  By my code it's just bogus and more of what I dislike in Curry.

Bird was a trash talker and so was KG.  Both got in fights too.  But to me they didn't cross a line where I think they were being respectful to the game.  KG is probably my favorite player ever but also I would say even for me he crossed the line a time or two (the Channing Frye nut punch was ridiculous and shameful).

If others want to disagree that's fine.  I know it's a thin line I am sort of drawing here but I do feel it's reasonable.  I have found the Warriors extremely dislikable and it's this kind of thing.  They think they are above it and get treated that way too IMO.  Like I said, LeBron would be getting killed for that.

I rather see trash talking instead of a player acting like a clown...showboating in front of their face

I'm sure Brown will get to dunk in his face one of these days

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Wow, people have gotten so sensitive. I mean, everyone loved Larry Bird, and he was one of the greatest trash talkers of all time. I mean really, who cares. These are grown men. What are they going to cry. Geez.
The Celtics had a great win last night, and people care about a little trash talk.
Man, get some thicker skin.

Talking is okay. Bird never did anything like Curry. Bird had poise.

POISE:

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2017, 12:42:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

yeah but you clearly saw his facial reaction like ****?  and waved him off

You're right about Curry.  I was just referring to Brown.  This post was making it seem like he was shook or something when he didn't even react to any of it.

exactly

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
This is nothing new for him or the Warriors.  They are very hatable and Curry is a show boat.  If LeBron did anything like this it would be on ESPN all day and he would be getting killed for it.

Because it's not like Curry to do it, while Lebron has been an entitled super drama queen for years.

Curry just did it and someohow you are saying it's not something he would do and blaming LeBron, which wow, proves my point about the double standard with both players.  Thanks for proving it.

You're delusional. I'll be sure not to reply to any more of your posts.

Oh no!  Better pack my things.

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 12:43:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Wow, people have gotten so sensitive. I mean, everyone loved Larry Bird, and he was one of the greatest trash talkers of all time. I mean really, who cares. These are grown men. What are they going to cry. Geez.
The Celtics had a great win last night, and people care about a little trash talk.
Man, get some thicker skin.

Talking is okay. Bird never did anything like Curry. Bird had poise.

POISE:

Larry  Bird "forget the threes in your eye, i will rip your throat out right now" lol

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown

I'm saying I didn't notice a dejected Jaylen last night when I was watching the game, and I need to re-watch to see if it's true. While I doubt it's true, I have some serious concerns if it is.

I read Jaylen's post game quotes and he did not seem one bit shaken up. I love that he said it was cute. He seems to have a ruthless attitude which I love about him. With that said, if he really needed consoling after one shot and a little harmless trash talk (which I doubt), I need to reconsider my opinion of him.

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 12:55:50 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
To me, it just showed that Jaylen was getting to him. That, plus Jaylen taunting Lebron in the Cavs game shows me Jaylen is not backing down from anyone or afraid of the moment, I love it.

What bothered me much more than Curry's taunting after that play was actually the incessant whining and gesturing to the refs for foul calls after every missed shot or Celtics steal. Both the Warriors players and coaches. I think the league should start cracking down on this behavior across the board, it demeans the game. I hate it when the Celtics do it too after plays where they know they didn't get fouled.

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't see nothing wrong with it, he smacked his fingers like Jaylen was talking love that from the rook and JB got the last laugh anyway

Sorry, I don't believe in mocking you opponents.
It's childish.

So, I just want to ask...

Larry Bird told Robert Reid that he "should have stayed preaching", told Mark Aguirre that he's "out of his league", or told a coach (can't remember who it was) to "find someone who can guard me".

How about KG with the Honey Nut Cheerios incident, or him blowing into David West's face.

I'm assuming you don't like those as well, and consider childish.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I'm saying I didn't notice a dejected Jaylen last night when I was watching the game, and I need to re-watch to see if it's true. While I doubt it's true, I have some serious concerns if it is.

I read Jaylen's post game quotes and he did not seem one bit shaken up. I love that he said it was cute. He seems to have a ruthless attitude which I love about him. With that said, if he really needed consoling after one shot and a little harmless trash talk (which I doubt), I need to reconsider my opinion of him.

Jaylen didn't look at all phased by Curry, if anything he was amused. He did look down after he almost killed our run in the 4th by throwing a sloppy behind the back pass that was stolen and almost lead to a three pointer on the other end. Stevens took him out shortly after that , and Jaylen even said "my bad coach" after that play.

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2017, 01:09:21 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't see nothing wrong with it, he smacked his fingers like Jaylen was talking love that from the rook and JB got the last laugh anyway

Sorry, I don't believe in mocking you opponents.
It's childish.

So, I just want to ask...

Larry Bird told Robert Reid that he "should have stayed preaching", told Mark Aguirre that he's "out of his league", or told a coach (can't remember who it was) to "find someone who can guard me".

How about KG with the Honey Nut Cheerios incident, or him blowing into David West's face.

I'm assuming you don't like those as well, and consider childish.

And Bird to Dominique Wilkins when he was a rookie:  'You don't belong in this league, Homes.'
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:19:32 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2017, 01:15:20 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown

Jaylen didn't look at all phased by Curry, if anything he was amused. He did look down after he almost killed our run in the 4th by throwing a sloppy behind the back pass that was stolen and almost lead to a three pointer on the other end. Stevens took him out shortly after that , and Jaylen even said "my bad coach" after that play.

Your argument is with the OP, not me. I agree with you, but I'm going to re-watch tonight to see if I missed something that the OP saw. While I doubt Jaylen looked upset, I'm not willing to dismiss the OP's opinion just because it is not my own.