Author Topic: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents  (Read 12442 times)

Re: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 10:01:46 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This is nothing new for him or the Warriors.  They are very hatable and Curry is a show boat.  If LeBron did anything like this it would be on ESPN all day and he would be getting killed for it.

This is a team where Zaza Pachulia spanked himself after hitting a midrange jumper last game to show up the Celtics.

It's not about being "sensitive" to it, whatever.  But it's about Curry being a jerk and the one moment in the tail of the game he does anything and gets animated it's to show up a rookie.  Pretty lame.  The Warriors can keep acting like this and I hope they crash and burn again.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:09:01 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Re: Someone needs to remind Mr. Curry that .....
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Well, clearly curry did it in response to crap that jaylen was talking.  And people only talking smack because we won (which is weak sauce in itself).

Except Jaylen said nothing to him from all accounts.

It's probably from what Jaylen said after the previous game we lost to them

You mean when he said "don't showboat and be disrespectful" and they were showboating and being disresepectful as a response in this game?  Wow showed him.  What an offensive thing to do, to tell someone not to showboat during a game.

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 10:03:30 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Wow, people have gotten so sensitive. I mean, everyone loved Larry Bird, and he was one of the greatest trash talkers of all time. I mean really, who cares. These are grown men. What are they going to cry. Geez.
The Celtics had a great win last night, and people care about a little trash talk.
Man, get some thicker skin.

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
This is nothing new for him or the Warriors.  They are very hatable and Curry is a show boat.  If LeBron did anything like this it would be on ESPN all day and he would be getting killed for it.

Because it's not like Curry to do it, while Lebron has been an entitled super drama queen for years.

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 10:07:38 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Because it's not like Curry to do it, while Lebron has been an entitled super drama queen for years.

Curry just did it and someohow you are saying it's not something he would do and blaming LeBron, which wow, proves my point about the double standard with both players.  Thanks for proving it.

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I just started the same thread.

Sorry about that Chriss22.  We must have crossed in cyber space:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:52 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Well, talking about basketball gods and karma. Doubt that this loss against the C's will sober them and smack them to the ground, if KD's injury didn't do that already. It's s big difference being [dang] good and cocky, between being [dang] good and sneaky/dirty cocky, which I believe that some of those warriors players are. By that I mostly referring to Dirty Cowboy Zaza and All Star Draymond. Yeah I say all star because he should pay up half of that contract to Steph and Klay -> highly overrated...

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 10:12:13 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
0% chance Jaylen wasnt talking ****.

You talk **** and then someone splashes a three in youre face your gonna hear it.

I love it from Jaylen.

With a laugh, Brown vowed he said nothing to prompt the taunt, which came at the end of the third quarter when Curry drilled a 3-pointer after shedding Brown with an up fake. “I didn’t say a word to him,” Brown said after Boston’s 99-86 win. “I promise I didn’t say a word to him. I was just out there playing D, doing my job. He looked at me and starting doing whatever. But, I mean, they needed that energy to get them going. I’m just glad we got the win tonight.”
3 hours ago – via Booth Newspapers

Jaylen Brown, Stephen Curry, Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors
“I didn’t say nothing to him,” added Brown. “He hit a good shot. It was cute. And he just made a good shot. I didn’t say a word. I was just playing defense.”
3 hours ago – via Booth Newspapers

Smitty77

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
I can't understand why players respect Curry so much. He always displays a very disrespectful attitude towards his opponents yet he is rarely hard hit during layups or on blocks like other (more physical) players.

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 10:18:39 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Sure, Paul Pierce would never have done something like that, right?

Sorry, I don't care for it in any case.
Talking or looking at you watch is okay, but pointing at a guy and mocking him....it's childish.
Plus, Curry general demeanor....whining to the refs on every call. I never realized he was Lebron.

But Curry biting his lip at end of the game was priceless.

Could you find and send the video of Curry biting his lip?

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 10:20:34 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Curry just did it and someohow you are saying it's not something he would do and blaming LeBron, which wow, proves my point about the double standard with both players.  Thanks for proving it.

You're delusional.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:12:29 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Wow, people have gotten so sensitive. I mean, everyone loved Larry Bird, and he was one of the greatest trash talkers of all time. I mean really, who cares. These are grown men. What are they going to cry. Geez.
The Celtics had a great win last night, and people care about a little trash talk.
Man, get some thicker skin.

TP. 100%. Larry Bird was a dog. I see a little dog in Jaylen Brown. I have no idea what JB or Curry were saying to each other. I don't care either.

Curry's actions after the 3rd quarter were not that big of a deal. He deeked out JB and made a great shot. He was clearly frustrated.

I recommend golf or tennis for those so easily offended.

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Well, clearly curry did it in response to crap that jaylen was talking.  And people only talking smack because we won (which is weak sauce in itself).

HUH? So we as fans shouldn't express joy that our favorite team won a game? There would be no reason for talking smack if we'd lost now would there?
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 10:59:51 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm surprised that so many people are behind on the fact that Jaylen Brown is a hardcore trash talker. He was talking trash to Lebron and Irving vs the Cavs. He was yelling 'this is my city' when he scored in the Lakers game ( I think it was an Alley oop).

But yeah, Steph Curry wouldn't randomly start doing that unless Jaylen was smack talking.
It's good because it seems he got into Curry's head and Curry and Klay combined for 1 point in the 4th quarter.

To be fair, I will say that Curry was already in a bad mood from the physical defense that IT and Bradley were playing on him. He also couldn't stay in front of IT without reaching and was getting very frustrated. So his fuse was probably shorter than usual but he will wouldn't do it without Jaylen saying something to set it off further.

What really annoyed me was Steph whining about that reaching foul on IT. He blatantly reached across and hit IT on both arms and then when they called the foul he flailed his arms and had a fkn meltdown lol.

Games like this make me glad we get to go into the playoffs against some really tough teams soon and these guys are doing it together like they have been from the start of the year.

Although Toronto and the Wizards look good, we have a very good shot at beating both of them in a 7 game series if we defend and move the ball like we did vs GSW.
We clearly do have a great shot at making the ECF this year. By that I'd say a 50% chance if we are healthy, maybe slightly better.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 11:03:48 AM »

Offline js03038

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I can't find a video on Youtube, but at the start of the 4th quarter, JB was still in the game.  Good for him to return to the game, but he did look "down" (he kind of jogged following a steal and fast break).  He got subbed out after a minute or two and went to the bench.  At that point, Avery Bradley walks down the bench, sits next to JB, puts his arm around him and talks him up (patting on chest, etc).  Definitely looked like a big-brother pep talk to JB.  I was hoping JB came out again for some meaningful minutes, but I don't believe he did.

That's AB being a team leader.