Author Topic: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents  (Read 12440 times)

Re: Steph Curry, don't disrespect your opponents
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 05:30:10 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
I too really don't think Jaylen would talk **** to a player like that, let alone a top three player in the league.. Believe me that day will come, but not today.

I kept a close eye on Curry this game, he was having an off night having missed 7 three pointers at that stage.

So couple all of..

1) Faking out JB (quite brilliantly we must admit).
2) Making the shot (by means of a "swish").
3) As the 3rd quarter buzzer sounded.
4) Putting his team up by a point.

..brought an opportunity for Steph to exhale his frustrations that have accumulated throughout the game (as listed above), all while using Jaylen as nothing more than a prop in the process.

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:57 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Kelly's got Jaylen's back

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 06:03:43 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I too really don't think Jaylen would talk **** to a player like that, let alone a top three player in the league.. Believe me that day will come, but not today.

I kept a close eye on Curry this game, he was having an off night having missed 7 three pointers at that stage.

So couple all of..

1) Faking out JB (quite brilliantly we must admit).
2) Making the shot (by means of a "swish").
3) As the 3rd quarter buzzer sounded.
4) Putting his team up by a point.

..brought an opportunity for Steph to exhale his frustrations that have accumulated throughout the game (as listed above), all while using Jaylen as nothing more than a prop in the process.
Jaylen may not have said anything but Steph must have convinced himself Jaylen was talking.

Theres no way Steph does that without at least being under the impression Jaylen is talking Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

he even did the hand motion to indicate Jaylen had been yapping.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 06:17:21 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
0% chance Jaylen wasnt talking ****.

You talk **** and then someone splashes a three in youre face your gonna hear it.

I love it from Jaylen.

He actually swore up and down after the game that he wasn't.

I think I believe him. Smart, IT, Crowder? Definitely. But I don't see Brown (or AB for that matter) being one to talk like that.

He was hardly ever on Curry, too, so I just don't see where or why he would be talking smack to him.

It's probably from what Jaylen said after the previous game we lost to them

I still believe Jaylen said something in this game

You don't believe Jaylen is the type?  Really?  You're just been naive.  Here is a guy clapping his hands in Lebron's face jawing Lebron.  Yea, he's that type of guy.

He's got attitude and he's got stones and Rookies don't usually do those things, especially not to veteran superstars.  I love him.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What is good is that Curry knew who Brown is and thought him relevant enough to disrespect.   This means folks are taking notice of Jaylen.

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 06:27:24 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You talk **** and then someone splashes a three in youre face your gonna hear it.

I love it from Jaylen.

I think I believe him. Smart, IT, Crowder? Definitely. But I don't see Brown (or AB for that matter) being one to talk like that.

He was hardly ever on Curry, too, so I just don't see where or why he would be talking smack to him.

You don't believe Jaylen is the type?  Really?  You're just been naive.  Here is a guy clapping his hands in Lebron's face jawing Lebron.  Yea, he's that type of guy.

He's got attitude and he's got stones and Rookies don't usually do those things, especially not to veteran superstars.  I love him.
my dream is that he becomes one of those guys that opposing players tell their young guys "dont look Jaylen Brown in the eyes"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: Someone needs to remind Mr. Curry that .....
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 06:35:46 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
That Warrior team is toast without KD at 100%.

In other words, they're toast. They aren't coming out of the west.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 06:55:28 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Also: the showboating - annoying (as it is with IT though, unlike Allen Iverson whose swagger was tight)

Finally, mouthguard - sheesh.

On a different note, his shooting slump seems pretty bad. And pretty unlikely to continue for long, although it seems like he enjoys taking the contested ones more now...not sure the statistical evidence for that though.
Also: from what I saw last night he was more interested in yapping and throwing his arms up than playing defense.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 07:14:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I love it from Jaylen.

my dream is that he becomes one of those guys that opposing players tell their young guys "dont look Jaylen Brown in the eyes"

Don't look Kelly in the eyes.

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kelly's got Jaylen's back

TP for the creative gif. The thing is, that really happened - who in WWE could possibly agree to get bent over and spanked for the whole world to see??

As for the Curry/Brown 'situation', Brown handled it perfectly and luckily the Cs won. Curry now looks foolish instead of like a confident hero.

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sure, Paul Pierce would never have done something like that, right?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Trash talk is trash talk.  Always been a part of the game. 

Not something to get worked up about or throw faux outrage at, IMO.

(Plus, almost everyone does it)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 09:09:09 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Sure, Paul Pierce would never have done something like that, right?

Sorry, I don't care for it in any case.
Talking or looking at you watch is okay, but pointing at a guy and mocking him....it's childish.
Plus, Curry general demeanor....whining to the refs on every call. I never realized he was Lebron.

But Curry biting his lip at end of the game was priceless.

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:30 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
That Warrior team is toast without KD at 100%.

In other words, they're toast. They aren't coming out of the west.
They can be beat by all the teams except the first round.. KD will be back but if they get Houston. I think the Rockets can take them out.
Steph has become a cocky. I use to like him. But, I may pull for the Cavs if they meet and I would never say that before. Draymond i have grown to dislike too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 09:56:10 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well, clearly curry did it in response to crap that jaylen was talking.  And people only talking smack because we won (which is weak sauce in itself).