Poll

Would you make this trade

Yes, Bradley is likely the odd man out
13 (21.7%)
No.
47 (78.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Poll: Bradley for Julius Randle  (Read 6230 times)

Re: Poll: Bradley for Julius Randle
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 05:39:18 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I've repeatedly said that I'd prefer to trade Isaiah more than Bradley. My points, before the usual suspects call me a hater:

We'd get more return for Isaiah in a trade, presumably. He's the second top scorer.
Bradley will ask less money for his next contract, maybe in the range of 7-10 million per year.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships. We need Bradley to guard Curry/Klay/Kyrie.
Bradley has improved every year and has never spoken out loud after losses in good or bad seasons. Good spirit, Celtic culture, veteran inspiration for youngsters.
He is able to play PG in defense and SG in offense, giving versatility to our backcourt.

So, for me, I wouldn't trade Bradley for Randle. It's a keeper except a very big fish is on the table.

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 06:01:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I've repeatedly said that I'd prefer to trade Isaiah more than Bradley. My points, before the usual suspects call me a hater:

We'd get more return for Isaiah in a trade, presumably. He's the second top scorer.
Bradley will ask less money for his next contract, maybe in the range of 7-10 million per year.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships. We need Bradley to guard Curry/Klay/Kyrie.
Bradley has improved every year and has never spoken out loud after losses in good or bad seasons. Good spirit, Celtic culture, veteran inspiration for youngsters.
He is able to play PG in defense and SG in offense, giving versatility to our backcourt.

So, for me, I wouldn't trade Bradley for Randle. It's a keeper except a very big fish is on the table.
Dario, my friend, AB can get 7-10 mil$ per, before taxes, in Europe, ACB league maybe. I think that market price for a solid starting level player is pretty set at 15-18 mil$ per. With the cap limit looking more stable in the next 2 years, I excpect that price to stay about the same.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:21 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

to clarify, do you mean 7-10 million less than what IT will get? or do you mean Bradley will sign a contract with an aav of 7-10 million dollars?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 06:09:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Are you a Laker fan?   Because they win this trade....

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 07:12:41 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Hayward is a SF, which is not the position Bradley plays. If Bradley did end up being moved (something that I do not see as likely) then I would not assume it would be for a PF.

This draft we are as likely to select a SF/PF as we are a guard. The highest probability is for us to be 3rd/4th not 1st/2nd, which is where Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum get picked, possibly even Isaac.

So we would need the depth at SG just as much as PF.

Which leads me to....we should just keep Bradley

Sorry to spoil your fun...

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 07:16:10 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
So much AB disrespect on this forum.
ok fine

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 07:18:25 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

TP. Fans tongues are too loose

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 07:26:31 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Randle is horrible at defense.

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 07:44:55 AM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Nah.

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 07:58:04 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Randle can't shoot 3s to be a 4 and doesn't defend to be a 5. That is a backup on a good team, possibly a starter on a lottery team. It is not that he can't play, just that he is a tweener, unpopular word.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 08:16:53 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Androslav, I Like Sports, obviously I meant the difference between Isaiah's and Avery Bradley's next contracts will be about 7-10 million, not Avery's wages. Sorry for my bad explanation.

BTW, the most highly paid in Spanish ACB is Rudy Fernández, with about 3 million euros per year. Nobody would pay Bradley so much  :o

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Randle is an excellent all around offensive player.  He has very nice hands, solid post moves, and excellent passing skills.  He also has nice touch on his shot, so he theoretically could someday extend his range to the three point line (he is only shooting 0.5 per game, so not exactly a large sample size).  Defensively he needs work, but he isn't nearly as bad as he made out to be in this thread and he has one of the better DRTG on the Lakers.  Their guards are just so bad defensively that it really messes up a guy like Randle on that end because he always has to cover for everyone else.  Put Randle on a better team with players that know how to get Randle the ball when he is in position and can actually hit shots when he passes to them and I could easily see Randle as a 20/10/5 type player.  He has that much potential.  That is why the Lakers would never make this trade (aside from the fact they are loaded with guards and lacking bigs). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 08:28:07 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

TP. Fans tongues are too loose

I would absolutely love to keep AB, but how do you propose doing it if IT and Marcus stay and we sign Hayward to the max?

It's not disrespect, it's trying to acquire an asset at a position of need for more years at a lower salary (not Randle in this case - more in the Saric, Chriss, WCS mold) for a player we think might walk.

If Danny can convince all three guys to take a lower salary than they would get on the open market, then fantastic!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:53:35 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 08:38:11 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
AB will stay with a hometown discount.
In return we will name him captain- that's got to be worth something.

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 08:49:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Randle can't shoot 3s to be a 4 and doesn't defend to be a 5. That is a backup on a good team, possibly a starter on a lottery team. It is not that he can't play, just that he is a tweener, unpopular word.
and he still has those T-Rex arms and that is not going to ever change.  No thanks.