Author Topic: Ty Lawson violates probation, arrest warrant issued in Colorado for him  (Read 651 times)

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-ty-lawson-violates-alcohol-probation-with-three-positive-tests-bench-warrant-issued-212542962.html

Apparently he tested positive for high alcohol levels 3 times in the past 6 months and also skipped out on his required community service.

Alcoholism has been tough for him to overcome, it's going to kill what could have been a stellar career. Not so different in the end than Sullinger's eating addiction.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In fairness to Ty, I thinking playing for the Kings could drive even non-alcoholics to drink.

Sorry to hear it, hopefully he gets the treatment he needs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Definitely sounds like he needs treatment and it was insane in the first place he was allowed to get 4 DUI's. Kind of insane he was able to remain a serviceable NBA player doing all this. All that being said, if some gets DUI's what is with the court's saying they can't drink at all if they are not driving?