Author Topic: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)  (Read 20318 times)

Re: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2017, 10:57:08 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I wish IT would shut up after losses.
He would still be on the bench without Stevens .
4 guys have to make up for him in defense while he goes to the allstar game.
Just stop talking.

If no one got upset after losing 2 winnable games....we would be the BKN Nets.
I am fine with him being passionate and upset, he didn't cross the line imo.

I'm with this.  And I actually like this part of Isaiah's quote:
And that's the players' fault, the coaches' fault, that's everybody in this locker room's fault. We could have done a lot better."

To me, he's mad he lost and saying everybody on the team needs to play better, himself included.

He didn't call out anybody specifically (well maybe Stevens), he didn't say he needed some help, he didn't say other people needed to step up.  He said "we."  Now if he said, "I played hard, I don't know if everybody else did" or "I scored 35 in Phoenix and 32 tonight, not sure what more I can do, other people need to step up" or something along those lines, then I'd have a problem.

Now sure, I think he's being a little unreasonable about the rotations with Horford and Jerebko out.  And game 63 in the regular season when you have injuries and are secure in your playoff spot is actually the perfect time to experiment, but overall I'm glad he's upset, I like that fire.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »

Offline mysteryMrE

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
The frustrating part of the whole deal is how Isaiah has seemed to be a bit more "vocal" lately, and not in a good way. First the comments about Crowder's pass in Phoenix, and now calling out Coach Stevens. IT is a very talented basketball player, but it seems that at times he can let his recent success get to his head a bit.

This team needs to play with a constant chip on their shoulder, or they will not be able to compete like a top three team in the East.

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2017, 11:05:58 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
He should start the next game on the bench.  No player is bigger than the team, even if his observations have some truth to them.  The little man is getting a little big for his britches.

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2017, 11:06:55 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Doesn't make sense to move IT now. We don't need more picks, we need IT and Horford to make the C's good for the next 2-3 years. During that transitional time C's would continue to improve and develop young players. Brown, Smart, Fultz/Ball plus another high pick in 2018. All those players by 2019 or 2020 by latest would develop. By that time IT and Horford would leave the C's. IT probably in 2018 and Horford in 19 or 20.

So to answer you question, DA will move him or let him walk in 18 not now. There is no reason for rush. IT will finish this season and next as a Celtics... after that probably will leave the C's for a lot of money in free agency

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2017, 11:10:14 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Thanks RondoHondo and Slam for your time to explain. TP for both.

I've backed this way of action since I started to post, and more people are joining it lately. Trade IT in the summer for a good player, draft Fultz/Ball, sign Hayward (or try as hell) and bring Zizic. Then extend Bradley and Smart.

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 11:12:08 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
He should start the next game on the bench.  No player is bigger than the team, even if his observations have some truth to them.  The little man is getting a little big for his britches.

I don't think any team puts their 30/6 player on a bench.

It's not like IT broke team rules and started a legit fist fight or anything...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 11:25:13 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
As I've said this is an oddly constructed team. You best scorer is 5-8" a total defensive liability, and an unwilling distributor of the ball, and now the face of the team according to the media.

This "small ball" stuff has morphed into "tiny ball." Small ball to me is, replacing your center with a big that can stretch the floor. Opening up the paint for your drivers to drive the ball. In order for this to succeed you need strong outside shooters, and several players that can in fact get to the rim.

It's certainly not having undersized players at every position. Bradley 6-2, IT 5-8, Crowder 6-5...eliminate Horford for a game, your undersized finesse center, and you get man-handled at times in the basketball game.

Small ball will not work unless you can off set it with big ball, you need a big ball lineup that can also properly
function, to counter your small ball offense.

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2017, 11:25:13 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I've backed this way of action since I started to post, and more people are joining it lately. Trade IT in the summer for a good player, draft Fultz/Ball, sign Hayward (or try as hell) and bring Zizic. Then extend Bradley and Smart.

I agree with this, AB should be cheaper than IT to re-sign . we need smart and AB to defend aagainst these great guards in the league.

Smart     Fultz
AB.           Jaylen
Hayward.  Jaylen
Crowder     Yabu
Horford.     Zicic

Brk 18 pick , plus whatever we get back for IT

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
We need more quotes from Hortford, or KO or even bring back Sully and Turner to give uninspired comments saying "well we just gotta play better as a team next time"  ::) Snooze.

It's frustrating to lose to winable games but if no one had any reactions I'd be more worried. This is the time to get focused and go all out. Not to just say, Oh well, on to the next game.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2017, 11:32:59 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

I agree with this, AB should be cheaper than IT to re-sign . we need smart and AB to defend aagainst these great guards in the league.

Smart     Fultz
AB.           Jaylen
Hayward.  Jaylen
Crowder     Yabu
Horford.     Zicic

With a little improvement on the frontcourt and adding a rim protector, this unit can be a title contender for the next decade. But in case we get Hayward that we can use Crowder in a trade for a rim protector.

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
The frustrating part of the whole deal is how Isaiah has seemed to be a bit more "vocal" lately, and not in a good way. First the comments about Crowder's pass in Phoenix, and now calling out Coach Stevens. IT is a very talented basketball player, but it seems that at times he can let his recent success get to his head a bit.

This team needs to play with a constant chip on their shoulder, or they will not be able to compete like a top three team in the East.

Maybe he's upset the front office didnt add anyone to help him contend this season, and he sees the excitement that they may draft a point guard with the #1 pick in a few months, and now his coach is playing rookies and guys like Young and Mickey in crunch time.

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The more I've watched our team this season, I've come to the conclusion that IT, Horford and Crowder are here to help develop our young guys.
We aren't winning a ship with IT and Horford both signed to max deals. Having them here is great because you might be able to lure a free agent and gain a true superstar player via free agency- but the real plan 'A' here for Danny and Stevens is to build through the draft while we have these once in a lifetime opportunity kind of assets from the Nets.
 The only way Ainge ever trades these picks is if he can somehow guarantee getting both Butler and Paul George to Boston. Because realistically, we'd need those two guys plus IT and Horford to even have a chance at beating GSW over the next 5 years.

Because Ainge is the kind of guy who only cares about championships. He really doesn't care about making the 2nd round of the playoffs with Jimmy Butler and getting swept by the Cavs etc...If he can't use these picks to acquire a team that he thinks can truly win an NBA championship, for more than 1 or 2 seasons, he's going to try and steer these draft picks into All Stars because having Stevens is a complete drafting game changer.
He can mould players into whatever he wants.
Stevens really hasn't had a failed player yet. All of our picks except a very young James Young that have seen solid rotation time and become very, very good pieces. Even Tyler Zeller and Jerebko have become better players with his coaching.

But yeah, IT is frustrated because he probably knows that it's very possible that he's a circus act that's selling tickets and distracting everyone while we develop our true future Banner 18 core of players.

He's also simply a sore loser. He really, really hates losing, especially games where we were in the driver's seat like this Clippers game.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Let he who be free of sin...
When he plays a prefect game, maybe, just maybe, he can dump on his team mates. How he can not take some responsibility for turn over at the end of Suns game is beyond me. I would be less that happy if I was Crowder and he blamed it all on me. NOT to mention the IT missed FT just before.
Win and loss as a team. Not a fan of blaming the team and coaches. If he's that frustrated he feels the need to complain, use the term "we". We made mistakes, etc.
Starting to remind me of Trump, and that's not a compliment.

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Smart     Fultz
AB.           Jaylen
Hayward.  Jaylen
Crowder     Yabu
Horford.     Zicic

While I understand that you are implying that Jaylen would spot for 2 positions, imagine if we cloned Jaylen and had 2 of them running around in our second unit? Oh boy that would be fun.
#JKJB

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
"It's the way we lost [Monday night]; it's unacceptable," he said. "We lost the game in the last 15 minutes of the game. We played a good game up until the last 15. That's the players' fault, coaches' fault, everybody in this locker room's fault. We could have done a lot better."

Has anyone seen a player involve/blame coaches in front of the media before?

Maybe he will include Ainge and Wyc next in his ranting