Author Topic: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)  (Read 20212 times)

Re: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This is the Suns game boiling over.

This us playing a late west coast game against a top tier completely healthy team with 3 SUPER STARS.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 10:35:04 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I have a suspicion that IT's numbers would tank on a team like the Lakers who have very few useful complimentary pieces. Everyone of their guys is a chucker, IT will feel right at home. But here in Boston he's a real player, he's OUR chucker.... I understand you guys here thinking Fultz or Ball will make worthy replacements (by all accounts they look the part), but let's not close the book of Isaiah just yet, I think it's just starting to get really good. None of those guys will come out starting at the 1 and lead this team to 50 wins, let them learn the game first even as a #1 pick.

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
someone get him away from the scumbag Floyd Mayweather too,,  if that's who you associate with....

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 10:36:23 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He was frustrated,  I understand the feelings. 

He did have a point , Stevens is known for icing some situations.   He fiddles TOO much sometimes .  When you got a good thing going , you ride it out .  Just as a guy or group seems to be cooking , Stevens sometimes pulls the plug way too early .  That's his biggest flaw I see in coaching .   The guys get a groove , let them play .

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
IT is definitely getting a little cry baby on us.

Man up stop blaming others.

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
Yes, I hope if we can get Fultz or Ball then Thomas will be traded. But I don't know for what.... Not a lot of great options, especially considering he will be an expiring contract.

Maybe part of a package for Jimmy Butler? Probably the best scenario if Ainge is determined to trade him. Otherwise I think we're looking at

Julius Randle?
Kenneth Faried and a pick?
Khris Middleton or Jabari Parker?
Aaron Gordon and a pick?

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 10:44:31 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
We're not getting a top 2 pick for him.  Danny isn't going to move him.

I was referring to the brk pick

I can't get your point. First you say this:

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny moves him, especially if we get a top 2 pick. His value will never be higher.

And then your clarification is that you are moving him with the Brooklyn pick? What for?

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2017, 10:45:35 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Every loss, new angle to get rid of IT from the board.

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2017, 10:46:31 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Problem with IT, is he's not looking at the bit picture. If the rumors are true DA tried to get TWO big names to come and help, they didn't pan out, and thats why there is no additional help.  DA tied all his efforts into two guys and when the teams backed out, there was no time left. He did an all or nothing this time around. And thats fine.

Other thing is Stevens is still a young coach, and has a team over achieving. But he WILL make mistakes, and yest some times you have to see how a line up may work in a game that may have worked in practice. Plus with two bigs out, you don't have much of a choice, and you still need to try to keep guys rested for the playoffs.

DA and Stevens are just trying to improve this season, they aren't playing for anything more that that. Get a better record, and make a stronger run in the playoffs. Anything more than that is gravy.

I like IT, he's great on the offensive end of the floor, but he's still have a lot to learn about leading a team. Between that and him not being able to be on the defensive end of the floor at crunch time of tight games, makes me wonder if he's worth the full MAX. But maybe thats the old school mentality.

He is looking at the big picture - the big picture for him and guys like Horford is that they're in the middle of their primes and want to compete now. These guys aren't coming in and thinking about the Nets picks and the offseason. It's hypocritical for Danny and Co. to tout a winning culture and then look around and say, "top 4 seed and second round playoff exit is good enough."

I completely get IT's frustrations. The issues with this team aren't new. We've been paper thin in the frontcourt and it should've been addressed by now. We didn't need a major, franchise altering move.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
People here wouldn't trade 2017 BKN Pick alone for Butler.

How the hell do you expect Isaiah Thomas to fetch you a top-3 pick then??
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2017, 10:47:55 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Then after last night, he said its not a time to be experimenting with lineups 63 games into the season.

He's not wrong.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
someone get him away from the scumbag Floyd Mayweather too,,  if that's who you associate with....

This is the one thing about Isaiah that genuinely concerns me.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
wait did he really say he didn't know why Crowder threw the ball in? video? [dang] that's bad

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2017, 10:54:48 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny moves him, especially if we get a top 2 pick. His value will never be higher.

And then your clarification is that you are moving him with the Brooklyn pick? What for?

It was a little jumbled the way I wrote it,just woke up.

If the brk pick lands in top 2, we draft ball or fultz. At that point we would be committed to a long term picture, and would have cap to re-sign Smart as well (who is truning into a stud posting up on offense , and making plays).

then you can try to package IT with our picks and get value back at another position (Butler) . or IT by himself and get a lesser prospect back.

That would save a lot of cap room

IT's role could also be filled by Gordon Hayward if Brad and Danny convince him to come.

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

allow me to clarify -- he's saying that if the C's land a top-2 pick, the 2 best prospects in this draft are PGs that could theoretically come in and replace IT and possibly be as good within a few years.  This would, again in theory, give Danny the freedom to move IT for another all-star-level player or a very good prospect and another pick. 

he's not proposing to move IT with the pick but use the pick to replace IT because IT can be replaced by whomever we take with that Brooklyn pick