Author Topic: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)  (Read 20309 times)

Re: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 at some pt if he "has had enough" with this semi rebuild

he can voice his displeasure at the end of the season calmly....just like how Pierce did it

trade me or furnish the team... help me

Danny should clarify at that point
I think you are assuming facts not in play. Not sure where you are reading such dissatisfaction into IT with what is happening with this team

hints/signs that IT4 is starting to get impatient

-emoji eyes on the trade deadline
-after no moves were made- Isaiah Thomas 'surprised' Celtics didn't make move at trade deadline
-questioning CBS rotation vs clippers (when the real issue is lack of roster depth/experience)

He is also 28 and at an age where he wants to win now, right now

« Reply #226 on: March 08, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

he can voice his displeasure at the end of the season calmly....just like how Pierce did it

I think you are assuming facts not in play. Not sure where you are reading such dissatisfaction into IT with what is happening with this team

-after no moves were made- Isaiah Thomas 'surprised' Celtics didn't make move at trade deadline
-questioning CBS rotation vs clippers (when the real issue is lack of roster depth/experience)

1. really?
2. sure thats kinda fair
3. this is the opposite of evidence. IT reacted emotionally and stupidly. IF he had been wise enough to know not to call out Ainge for not making a move then he would have been wise enough to not Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about rotations.

4. Your best point. IT Is 28 and playing at a crazy level. At the deadline Ainge had a chance to go all in and get a Cousins or a George and go win with Thomas, but he chose instead for the long build. Its rumored he kept the Nets picks off the table which may well be the best decision for the franchise but its not the best for Thomas's legacy or career.

However, he hasnt displayed any frustration that Im willing to look at as a red flag. I wouldnt rule it out happening in the near future nor would I rule out the possibility that it has already happened in house.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #227 on: March 08, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

IT last used emoji eyes to tell the twitter world Horford was signing. Which was a positive. Perhaps IT sent out the emoji eyes because he was told a deal was close. Or because he was trolling the NBA twitter world. This meant nothing and certainly isn't a sign of frustration

Just because IT was surprised the Celtics made no moves doesn't mean he is frustrated they didn't. Again, he could have heard a deal was close, hence the emoji eyes, and was just surprised it didn't go down. You are assuming frustration that isn't in evidence.

He stated he was mistaken in saying what he did and admitted it was over losing the game, not over the overall direction of the team. More assumptions on your part, not facts.

The last thing you said was the only fact and has nothing to do with whether he is frustrated or not. Its just a fact.

« Reply #228 on: March 08, 2017, 10:14:29 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Imo the team should suspend IT4 a game....

If not CBS control/respect from the team may start slipping
Most likely IF Stevens has a problem he will talk to him in private, like he did earlier in the year.
when was this?
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18842098/isaiah-thomas-sounds-boston-celtics-blow-second-straight-double-digit-lead

This is hardly the first time Thomas has quibbled about rotations or minutes. He sounded off back in November after a loss to visiting Golden State in which Stevens pulled him early in the fourth quarter as the Warriors pulled away. Thomas and Stevens talked on the phone that night, and Thomas responded by emerging as maybe the best fourth-quarter scorer in league history since then.

Yeah, but I see that as a problem. This is actually like the third time IT has called out Brad and/or his rotations to the media, but only one of the other times got serious pushback.

I don't think a star as flawed as IT has any justification for calling out the coach (not that I'm sure any star really does - I think the coach is off limits to the media), especially when he's directly responsible for our loss in Phoenix.

That's absurd.

IT missed a FT that by itself would have meant nothing if all other events unfolded the same.  And he was on the receiving end of the pass from Jae that Chriss got a hand in which lead to the winning tre by Ulis.   Whether that mess up was IT's fault or Jae's (HE's the only one who should have seen Chriss coming in from behind Isaiah) or both is debatable.

But to suggest that Isaiah was 'directly responsible' for the loss ignores the TEN FREE THROWS that Jae, Jaylen, Jonas and Marcus combined to miss in that game.

Those four guys combined to shoot 63% from the line, clanking rim after rim.

If they make just a few of those ten misses drop in, we win the game easy.

Isaiah made 10 of his 11 FTAs.

That's just simply untrue. No loss can ever really be boiled down to one simple play or even a few, but if any loss ever could, it would be this one.

(a bunch of unimportant stuff deleted)
The part in bold is the only part of your response that is important.

Otherwise, once again, you completely ignored the most important part of my comment and why we lost that game.  So I'm going to repeat it, with emphasis so you don't miss it:

... ignores the TEN FREE THROWS that Jae, Jaylen, Jonas and Marcus combined to miss in that game.

That dwarfs by a huge margin the impact of the final play.  Was Isaiah "directly responsible" for those ten misses?

We could also make note that an additional 4 quick points were scored on easy layups by Bledsoe, blowing once by Marcus and once by Jae in quick succession.  The game is not tied without those two easy scores.  Is Isaiah "directly responsible" for those two plays as well?

Aside on your understanding of the turnover:  Before one can get into debate over whether IT meant to 'walk the dog' and whether that was a bad idea or not, we have to back it up to the throwing of the pass.  That was done by Jae.  And of the two players, only Jae could have seen that Chriss was charging into the play.  It is HIS responsibility to throw/not throw that pass.  This is why the turnover is correctly charged to him by the scorekeeper.

And, once again, you completely ignored the part where I literally addressed this:

And I don't blame IT for missing that free throw. Like you said, he was 10/11. Similarly, you can't really blame Smart going 9-12 either, which is pretty acceptable, though Brown certainly gets some blame going 5-10.
No.  You are clearly hand-waiving right on past it.   We are talking about a huge chunk of points that were lost through failure to execute one of the most basic skills in basketball.

All the excitement at the end of the game would have been rendered completely moot if just a few of those ten misses had gone in the net.

And the point is:  This completely invalidates your absurd assertion that Isaiah was "directly responsible for our loss in Phoenix".

And, once again, that's completely different than a mental mistake, which is what IT had at the end.

Despite being a dubious assertion (since there is plenty of merit to arguments that free throw shooting has a large mental factor) how does an execution failure somehow count less on the scoreboard?
Second, that was the defensive gameplan on Bledsoe with the Smart play. They were down by three, and the whole defensive scheme was to not give them a three, even if it meant giving up a two pointer/layup. They were even explicitly talking about that on the broadcast (I think the Suns broadcast, which was the one I was watching). As for Crowder, it's really hard to blame him for getting caught on a Bledsoe mismatch after IT's missed free throw and getting drove past by one of the most athletic point guards in the league. Again, that's completely different than a mental mistake.

The only mental mistake here is the imaginary distinction you are trying to make.   None of us know anything at all about what was going on inside the heads of these players.   Whether or not one of them made a 'mental' mistake is irrelevant.  Regardless of 'gameplay', they were ALL failures to execute and the scoreboard doesn't give a crap about any dubious distinction you are trying to draw.

...deleted stuff...

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that pass from Crowder, and there's no way he should've got that TO.

On any in-bounds play, if the passer throws the ball into danger, to a player with a defender in the way or clearly on an intercept, the turnover will be charged to the passer.  This is basic.  Whatever a bunch of folks on twitter think is irrelevant. 
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2017, 10:41:53 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Getting frustrated with IT4 the past few weeks. He had a great run and now teams are clamping down on him. He forces to many shots, pounds the ball into the ground while winding down the shot clock. He will be more effective if he gets back to passing the ball more. I think it's gone to his head and just needs to get back to playing team ball.