Author Topic: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)  (Read 20398 times)

Re: IT Complaints: Fallout & Future (merged IT kvetching threads)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Problem with IT, is he's not looking at the bit picture. If the rumors are true DA tried to get TWO big names to come and help, they didn't pan out, and thats why there is no additional help.  DA tied all his efforts into two guys and when the teams backed out, there was no time left. He did an all or nothing this time around. And thats fine.

Other thing is Stevens is still a young coach, and has a team over achieving. But he WILL make mistakes, and yest some times you have to see how a line up may work in a game that may have worked in practice. Plus with two bigs out, you don't have much of a choice, and you still need to try to keep guys rested for the playoffs.

DA and Stevens are just trying to improve this season, they aren't playing for anything more that that. Get a better record, and make a stronger run in the playoffs. Anything more than that is gravy.

I like IT, he's great on the offensive end of the floor, but he's still have a lot to learn about leading a team. Between that and him not being able to be on the defensive end of the floor at crunch time of tight games, makes me wonder if he's worth the full MAX. But maybe thats the old school mentality.
Is that so?  Then why on earth did DA not make a 'smaller' move at the deadline to shore up the front court?  That would have helped this team this year heading towards the playoffs.  It also would have made better players out of everyone else.  That would have been worth it without sacrificing the BKN picks.

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 08:45:04 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
IT4 has been rubbing me the wrong way a bit recently. Between the Lakers comment, the throwing Crowder under the bus and now this....

I still love the guy, but man.
#JKJB

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Danny Ainge's fault

Exactly. This roster is flawed. When their best player and scorer is 5"8 and no one else can create their own offense they are going to have problems. This team is a bunch of role players with one elite scorer. Brown is showing flashes but needs more time since he is only 20. Ainge is building up the value of some of these role players and it helps that they are currently the second seed shedding light on some of these role players and making them look more valuable. This season is a wash as Ainge has bigger plans down the road and didn't want sacrifice the future to make it an extra round in the playoffs. I'm more interested in watching the development of Brown, Rozier, and Smart and getting that valuable playoff experience. 

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 09:29:37 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Danny Ainge's fault
definitely ainge's fault

you know who's causing all of these leaks in the WH? Ainge

you know who faked the moon landing? Ainge
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 09:32:06 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Danny Ainge's fault
definitely ainge's fault

you know who's causing all of these leaks in the WH? Ainge

you know who faked the moon landing? Ainge

You know who killed Manolete? Ainge.

Sorry guys, Spanish typical joke. I couldn't resist.

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 09:32:16 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
IT4 has been rubbing me the wrong way a bit recently. Between the Lakers comment, the throwing Crowder under the bus and now this....

I still love the guy, but man.
same

he's incredible, and we wouldn't be as good without him, but just shut up for a few weeks
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 09:32:44 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
As I said before, I only watch this team for Smart and Jaylen. Its no longer fun to watch IT jack up shots as heat checks without passing the ball once. And now I am extremely over this team after IT continues to throw his team under the bus. Yes everyone hates to lose, but youre going no where fast with a "leader' who refuses to hold himself accountable. I'm over it.

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
First after the suns debacle, in his post game interview he said Crowder just threw the ball in and that he didn't know what crowder was thinking doing that.

Then after last night, he said its not a time to be experimenting with lineups 63 games into the season.

Don't for get the love he showed for the Lakers, and keeping his options open during free agency

Hmmmm, IT getting a big head the last few weeks...

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny moves him, especially if we get a top 2 pick. His value will never be higher.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The mainstream media (e.g., Globe) was quick to defend Stevens --they usually defend the status quo. We haven't heard from WEEI yet.

My view is Stevens is dealing with an injury-thin roster because of Danny's failure to fortify the team at the trade deadline. But there may well be a method to Ainge's madness. There better be this summer, because it looks to me like he's writing this year off--without telling the players, of course.

Stevens is a great game coach, and gets the most out of his players. But he hasn't won anything yet in the NBA, and remains open to criticism. He's still young and learning. His task would be easier if Ainge would make an effort to get him another rebounder/defender up front, even if he doesn't want one.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 10:23:46 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We're not getting a top 2 pick for him.  Danny isn't going to move him.

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 10:26:36 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
He has been overly cocky this year to a point where its a bit annoying ..

Since he plays terrible defense the idea of him getting a max is absurd ... so if the Lakers want him for that $ you can have him ... again no problem for me if the C's draft Fultz/Ball

Problem is you wont get great value for him if they decide to eventually trade him ... Remember he will be in the last year of his deal and if he wants that max deal no one will want to just rent him out for a top 3 pick or player ... maybe a late lottery pick for a team thats trying to advance in the playoffs

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I don't believe his intentions were to cause any rifts because quite clearly, Stevens, like a lot of coaches in the NBA, can do everything right up to a point and then out of no-where decide to get cute and make a costly decision because of pride, inclusion, or an ill-advised idea that James Young will prove useful. I am literally asking myself if Stevens is aware that the trade deadline has passed and James Young's services will no longer be required here in Boston.

IT knows this is his team and it's a player's league. He's the talent here, we NEED him. He'll get away with this slew of criticisms based on the fact. You can feel the frustration as there is a lot of pressure and faith in him from top down in the organization and they want him to earn his money.

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
We're not getting a top 2 pick for him.  Danny isn't going to move him.

I was referring to the brk pick

Danny is not giving an approaching 30 yr old Isaiah the max, at his size, and his game depending on quickness.

I think Danny might move him for a young big man prospect and an additional 1st (WCS type)

If we draft fultz or Ball and re-sign Marcus we are set at PG for a decade, while being able to use IT to add value at the big man spot.

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 10:29:23 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Im calling out Isiah for single handedly losing the game to a pathetic Suns team ...

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2717
Although IT shouldn't have called out anyone in the media, Stevens does experiment too much with lineups , especially late in games and late in seasons. I think it's part of his process, to get enough of a statistical sample size in important game situations, to be able to statistically evaluate the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of various lineup combinations, so that he can be confident in what should work in the playoffs. The thing is, unless he explains that to players ahead of time, they aren't going to agree with those lineups. Additional problem is, if he does explain it to players ahead of time, he biases the data.