Author Topic: Bogut fractures left one minute into Cavs debut  (Read 3163 times)

Re: Bogut fractures left one minute into Cavs debut
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I don't want to see anyone get hurt and I feel bad for bogus as a person. It did seem lame he went there and it wasn't meant to be. If cavs win does he get a ring?

As long as he's in the team. I don't think teams are allowed to cut players whom they just picked up.

Calderon got cut right after 2 hrs after signing w/Golden State.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I don't want to see anyone get hurt and I feel bad for bogus as a person. It did seem lame he went there and it wasn't meant to be. If cavs win does he get a ring?

As long as he's in the team. I don't think teams are allowed to cut players whom they just picked up.

The Cavs can cut him if they want to.
Assuming he is out for the year and the Cavs find someone that is playoff roster eligible, I'd actually expect them to cut him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 09:46:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Assuming he is out for the year and the Cavs find someone that is playoff roster eligible, I'd actually expect them to cut him.

Larry Sanders?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 09:48:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Larry Sanders?

Yeah, the guy who wanted to sign with us that we passed on. If he kills us in the playoffs its our own fault.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Larry Sanders?

Yeah, the guy who wanted to sign with us that we passed on. If he kills us in the playoffs its our own fault.

Danny said he was 20lbs under playing weight.....

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 09:54:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Larry Sanders?

That was several weeks ago, and he reportedly added more weight and was in much better shape in the last few workouts for the Cavs and Lakers.

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Larry Sanders?

That was several weeks ago, and he reportedly added more weight and was in much better shape in the last few workouts for the Cavs and Lakers.

So much better shape that the Lakers, who need talent, said "No thanks", and Cleveland decided to sign someone whom any rational person knew would get injured.

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Larry Sanders?

I dont think you can gain 20lbs in a few weeks

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 10:47:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
While they may not move the needle for Cleveland, I would hate to see either Sanders or Sully end up there and contribute anything.

After the way our so-called "BIGS" played last night (olynyk, zeller and jerebko in particular) I'd dump Mickey and Young and sign them both.

Sully is an Ohio guy. We passed on Sanders. If either helped them that would bother me more than them getting Bogut.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Assuming the Celtics don't beat the Cavs in the playoffs, how great would it be if they held onto Bogut. he sat out the rest of the seasons and the entire Eastern Conference playoffs, and then came back in the finals against GS (assuming they make it back) and just killed their little team on the glass?

I'd say pretty great.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 07:13:04 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The big picture on Bogut is his body is breaking down. He is alway injured, some of his injuries are small and nagging, but now we're seeing fractures on routine plays.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 08:19:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I believe in Karma and not rejoicing in the others bad luck but even I grinned when I heard this and would have loved being a fly in the Locker room hearing LeBron cry and whine.

Re: Bogut Breaks Leg (On Stage at Quicken Loans Arena)
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 08:17:08 AM »

Offline ForearmKiki

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Will he still get a ring if the Cavs win it all?