Author Topic: Ford 4.0  (Read 12624 times)

Re: Ford 4.0
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I was simply noting he had some flaws, every player does and no one is perfect.  He is still a great prospect if his knees  check out.

As for the bad team, great players often elevate those around them.  Sometimes they can carry a bad team.  Not sure the excess of freshman is little more than an excuse.   I seen some teams do ok with freshman though it is rare.  Another thing is it is easy to put big numbers on a bad team.  Still worth a look, though, and most have him as the number one pick.
So we all agree his team is bad and if his knees checks out then that is pretty much little to no flaws right?  ::)
nope. i hear his cello playing skills are marginal. just one more flaw.  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:36 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I was simply noting he had some flaws, every player does and no one is perfect.  He is still a great prospect if his knees  check out.

As for the bad team, great players often elevate those around them.  Sometimes they can carry a bad team.  Not sure the excess of freshman is little more than an excuse.   I seen some teams do ok with freshman though it is rare.  Another thing is it is easy to put big numbers on a bad team.  Still worth a look, though, and most have him as the number one pick.
So we all agree his team is bad and if his knees checks out then that is pretty much little to no flaws right?  ::)
nope. i hear his cello playing skills are marginal. just one more flaw.  >:(
Nobody plays the cello like the past greats we need to judge his skills by today's standards. Like can he hold that cello. How's his transitions compared to other NBA prospects his age.

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
When Fultz committed to UW, he was under the impression that he was going to be playing with Chriss (many thought he would take a year to develop) and Murray. Honestly, a team with Fultz, Murray and Chriss would have been dangerous this year. But both played well enough to go in the 1st during 2016, so UW had literally nobody else on the team other than Fultz.

Either way, you can't question this kids character, and seems to have a lot of high quality individuals around him.

Even his coach doesn't feel their record has anything to do with Fultz.

“Our record and the absence of wins had nothing to do with him,” coach Lorenzo Romar said. “You can’t point to Markelle."

“We just didn’t – all of us – coaches and players didn’t get it done. As the season went on when conference started, we didn’t shoot the ball well. … There were probably 10 games that we had a chance to win and didn’t get it done. That just means that we weren’t good enough to get it done.”

Source: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/markelle-fultz-was-great-so-why-did-uw-struggle-so-mightily/
#JKJB

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 12:11:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Scouts aren't evaluating his numbers anyway.  They're evaluating the talent and potential.  Clearly Washington is a terrible team.  Without him, they may only have won a few games.  So we can't really say he didn't elevate his team. 

Anyway, I don't think Fultz is necessarily a franchise changer as it is.  I'd put him right around KAT as a prospect.  Pretty dang good.

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2017, 12:32:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Imagine we had CJ McCollum coming off the bench, we traded Bradley for a frontcourt upgrade, and we start Smart or Brown next to Thomas full time.

Thats kinda what I think it'd be like if we got Fultz.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Scouts aren't evaluating his numbers anyway.  They're evaluating the talent and potential.  Clearly Washington is a terrible team.  Without him, they may only have won a few games.  So we can't really say he didn't elevate his team. 

Anyway, I don't think Fultz is necessarily a franchise changer as it is.  I'd put him right around KAT as a prospect.  Pretty dang good.

I wouldnt go as far as to say they dont look at the numbers. I think they certainly look at them, they just measure them against what they have seen in the past. Brown is an example of this.

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Imagine we had CJ McCollum coming off the bench, we traded Bradley for a frontcourt upgrade, and we start Smart or Brown next to Thomas full time.

Thats kinda what I think it'd be like if we got Fultz.

I agree 100% with that pho. For the first couple of years as he learns, we basically just drafted a super 6th man for the team. And not just a 6th man like smart, but one who can drop the ball in the bucket from anywhere. Obviously his ceiling is much higher than Mc, but, for the first few years it is a very realistic scenario.

Also Thomas being publicly into playing with Fultz is a huge deal to me. It shows me that Thomas is kind of accepting that he gets to be a mentor for the true Celtics dynasty, and in his mind he can get that big pay day, while kind of mentoring them and putting up crazy stats. As he starts to fade, he gets paid as he slowly slides to 6th man.
#JKJB