Author Topic: Celtics (40-23) at Clippers (37-25) Game #64 3/6/17  (Read 43041 times)

Re: Celtics (40-23) at Clippers (37-25) Game #64 3/6/17
« Reply #360 on: March 07, 2017, 01:23:16 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Meh.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #361 on: March 07, 2017, 01:23:40 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Boston surrendered 73 second-half points. 'Nuff said.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #362 on: March 07, 2017, 01:24:20 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This Loss sits Squarely on Kelly Olynyk.

It's on no one but Danny Ainge

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #363 on: March 07, 2017, 01:24:39 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We're not winning a championship this year.

We could've won one.  I said that with no shred of doubt.  With all the misfortunes that Cleveland and the Warriors are faced with, Banner 18 would've been sure fire.

But no...Danny's apologist never fails.  The puppets who, forever, marginalize their inteligence for some know-it-all GM.  It's funny how the same critics forever question the worst GMs in the league but their own.

Smh.  Danny screwed up big time.  I never backed away from that and I'm glad few smart people around here agrees. 

Yea, draft Balls or Fultz (however tha **** his name is spelled), then what?  What happens to IT and all others guys whose contracts are due?

Reality is going to kick in soon enough for these people around here, if it hasn't already.  1st round bounce.  2nd at best.
if you think banner 18 was sure fire you are stupid.

Unless you are too ****ing dumb to think that trading for Cousins (whom we would've gotten without having to give up any major picks), Jimmy or George wouldn't topple depleted Cavs or Warriors. 

****ing moron.
lol

Theres two things you cant fully evaluate

1. How much of a moron/negative personality is Cousins. Is he actually that toxic? I dont know. I wanted to trade for him. I think Ainge has a better evaluation of that and frankly just how low the price was makes me more confident that Cousins is really that toxic.

2. The prices for Butler/George

Prices could have easily been prohibitive for Butler and George and Cousins is the only one of those guys likely to make us favorites over Cleveland.

To say any player out there save Lebron James makes banner 18 a sure thing is to demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of sports.

The 07 Patriots didnt win the superbowl, the 73-9 Warriors lost last years finals.

dont call me a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing moron for not having emotional overreactions.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #364 on: March 07, 2017, 01:24:52 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
This team is annoying to watch. I don't feel like they have maximized the talent this year.

They have been maximizing talent/over achieving ever since hiring Stevens.  We are expecting them to keep building on that, but this team doesn't have enough talent to contend no matter how good the coaching is.  I like this team and its direction, maximizing talent isn't the issue.  Elite talent is.

It doesn't need to be an elite talent, a.k.a. superstars. We just need solid players who can sustain production without our starters. It was a lineup of Young, Olynyk and Rozier that started to lay an pile of dung on the court and Steven's super small line up was the nail in the coffin.

How about this team makes it past the first round before you say we only need better bench players to win a ring. I totally disagree. I'm not sure we can beat Toronto or the Wizards in the playoffs. The playoffs are a completely different game. It's a halfcourt game. So hold your horse man. Let's see how these guys perform in the playoffs first. I personally think we need another star while keeping the core roster intact.

« Reply #365 on: March 07, 2017, 01:25:01 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Smart with a 21 point night on efficient shooting, of course along with stellar defense, too. Just more and more signs of development from this kid.

EDIT: And as I say that, he makes a stellar defensive play on Griffin.

I think you've touched on what will be the ultimate takeaway from this season—the improvement of Smart and Brown—because the team is likely not going beyond the second round.

Eh, it'll depend on the matchup. I think we have a pretty large edge on Washington, but I could certainly see Toronto beating us, even with homecourt advantage.

« Reply #366 on: March 07, 2017, 01:25:25 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Meanwhile, on the west, Spurs are just few games away from taking away GSW's spot.

On the other hand, Celtics are NOW 3 games behind Cleveland, and Washington is 1.5 games behind Boston.

And Washington visits the woeful Suns tomorrow. Haaaahahahaha.  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #367 on: March 07, 2017, 01:26:57 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Smart with a 21 point night on efficient shooting, of course along with stellar defense, too. Just more and more signs of development from this kid.

I think you've touched on what will be the ultimate takeaway from this season—the improvement of Smart and Brown—because the team is likely not going beyond the second round.
The development of Smart and Brown along with the Nets futility are the most important things from this season. Isaiah's emergence as a superstar probably belongs there too.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #368 on: March 07, 2017, 01:27:17 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
Also, one fair complaint on Ainge is are we ever going to get a rim protector? It's like we prefer soft bigs. I don't get. I really don't understand how Ainge expects us to compete with players like Draymond Green and Tristan Thompson.

« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2017, 01:27:38 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Eh, it'll depend on the matchup. I think we have a pretty large edge on Washington, but I could certainly see Toronto beating us, even with homecourt advantage.
luckily a Toronto-Boston matchup seems unlikely at the moment .

I dont see us pulling into the 1 seed and I dont see Toronto getting 3rd without Lowry.

« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2017, 01:28:12 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Boston surrendered 73 second-half points. 'Nuff said.
Says it all

« Reply #371 on: March 07, 2017, 01:28:27 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Kelly the Ogre gave all the momentum to the Clippers. Letting Speights get back to back rebounds over him

not to mention his idiot turnovers on the offensive end...game was turned 180 degrees in a blink of his Canadian eye.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #372 on: March 07, 2017, 01:28:32 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Also, one fair complaint on Ainge is are we ever going to get a rim protector? It's like we prefer soft bigs. I don't get. I really don't understand how Ainge expects us to compete with players like Draymond Green and Tristan Thompson.

He just wants it to fit into Brad's usual system, or somewhere along those lines. By getting soft bigs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #373 on: March 07, 2017, 01:29:07 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
Can't wait for the draft in the summer. Should be exciting

« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2017, 01:29:49 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Its a bit confusing. Smart and Crowder are basically iron men on the perimeter, but down low we have Kelly Horford and Amir.

Zizic and Yabu fit the bill physically, but you cant count on them to come over and be NBA players.

Ainge does need to find some toughness down low before this team really competes.

Im still down to sign Sully. Hes tough and hes strong down low.