Author Topic: Celtics (40-23) at Clippers (37-25) Game #64 3/6/17  (Read 42584 times)

Re: Celtics (40-23) at Clippers (37-25) Game #64 3/6/17
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2017, 01:10:31 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Dare I say it.  Bring back Sully.  We could use him and he knows the system.  Cut Mickey or Jackson.

« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2017, 01:10:56 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Punching in a wet bag tonight....

« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2017, 01:11:10 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We're not winning a championship this year. Love the progress of Smart and Brown so far. Been joyful to watch. Games like this make it clear that KO shouldn't be here long term. Looks like we're figuring out our future rotation for the coming years. Jerebko shouldn't be resigned either

We actually agree on something!

« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2017, 01:11:23 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
what the heck happened, i stopped watching at 1/2 time for a while to work on my taxes and then come back to see we are down 17...wth?

I think it's fair to say you blinked, and you missed a bunch? ;D

This is shaping up to be a big L, and perhaps the saddest aspect of it is that 99% of the reasoning for it (from fans, at least) will be "Horford was out," "Jaylen was out," and "second half of a back-to-back," and almost no accountability regarding the players who were there. The Clippers have had some struggles this year, DJ's bricking FTs left and right, and Crawford's like 100 years old, and still Boston can't hang with them.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2017, 01:12:12 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Were losing by double digits, we're not giving this one away.  We're getting taken the cleaners.

Good teams are suppose to not blow double digit leads. I know it is a back to back,  but after losing the way they did yesterday you would think they would have played more inspiring.
[/quote]You can't be serious.  A double digit lead in the NBA is meaningless until you get to the fourth quarter.  Before that everything is just postering.  Or did you just start watching the NBA?

« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2017, 01:12:42 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Would anybody be surprised to see them beat GS and get stomped by Denver? Just so inconsistent.

« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2017, 01:12:43 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Too many games like this one is why Olynyk won't be back next year.

« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2017, 01:12:55 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We're not winning a championship this year.

We could've won one.  I said that with no shred of doubt.  With all the misfortunes that Cleveland and the Warriors are faced with, Banner 18 would've been sure fire.

But no...Danny's apologist never fails.  The puppets who, forever, marginalize their inteligence for some know-it-all GM.  It's funny how the same critics forever question the worst GMs in the league but their own.

Smh.  Danny screwed up big time.  I never backed away from that and I'm glad few smart people around here agrees. 

Yea, draft Balls or Fultz (however tha **** his name is spelled), then what?  What happens to IT and all others guys whose contracts are due?

Reality is going to kick in soon enough for these people around here, if it hasn't already.  1st round bounce.  2nd at best, and 7 to 8 years of thesame.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2017, 01:14:33 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We're not winning a championship this year.

We could've won one.  I said that with no shred of doubt.  With all the misfortunes that Cleveland and the Warriors are faced with, Banner 18 would've been sure fire.

But no...Danny's apologist never fails.  The puppets who, forever, marginalize their inteligence for some know-it-all GM.  It's funny how the same critics forever question the worst GMs in the league but their own.

Smh.  Danny screwed up big time.  I never backed away from that and I'm glad few smart people around here agrees. 

Yea, draft Balls or Fultz (however tha **** his name is spelled), then what?  What happens to IT and all others guys whose contracts are due?

Reality is going to kick in soon enough for these people around here, if it hasn't already.  1st round bounce.  2nd at best.
if you think banner 18 was sure fire you are stupid.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #339 on: March 07, 2017, 01:14:43 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
This team is annoying to watch. I don't feel like they have maximized the talent this year.

They have been maximizing talent/over achieving ever since hiring Stevens.  We are expecting them to keep building on that, but this team doesn't have enough talent to contend no matter how good the coaching is.  I like this team and its direction, maximizing talent isn't the issue.  Elite talent is.

« Reply #340 on: March 07, 2017, 01:14:59 AM »

• Satch Sanders
Somebody has to ask Stevens about that line up after the game, right? 

Mike
This ain't game seven.  Sometimes you put guys out there and hope they don't implode.  Let them learn through the fire.

There is NEVER going to a situation where THAT line up is going to work.

Mike
So let's burn up the starters on a back to back.  There's a bigger picture here.

This might sound silly, but sometimes I wonder why teams play certain games. If back-to-backs are always a bad thing (and it seems they are), why bother playing them? Why can't professional athletes play effectively for two consecutive nights? If they can't do so, why does the league keep scheduling back-to-backs? Just seems silly to me, especially since it's a built-in excuse for every time Boston lays one of these eggs.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #341 on: March 07, 2017, 01:15:13 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think people are overreacting a bit to this game. Without Horford and JJ, we never should've won this game. This LA team is right there with us as the 5th/6th best team in the league, and losing Horford and JJ for us is like them losing Griffin and Speights. And let's not forget that this is the second night of a back to back for us.

If we're healthy, we can still definitely win in both Golden State and Denver. I actually think Denver is a tougher game for us than Golden State.

« Reply #342 on: March 07, 2017, 01:15:48 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Somebody has to ask Stevens about that line up after the game, right? 

Mike
This ain't game seven.  Sometimes you put guys out there and hope they don't implode.  Let them learn through the fire.

There is NEVER going to a situation where THAT line up is going to work.

Mike
So let's burn up the starters on a back to back.  There's a bigger picture here.

This might sound silly, but sometimes I wonder why teams play certain games. If back-to-backs are always a bad thing (and it seems they are), why bother playing them? Why can't professional athletes play effectively for two consecutive nights? If they can't do so, why does the league keep scheduling back-to-backs? Just seems silly to me, especially since it's a built-in excuse for every time Boston lays one of these eggs.
I may be wrong but Im pretty sure that we are above average on second night of back to backs.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #343 on: March 07, 2017, 01:15:58 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
what the heck happened, i stopped watching at 1/2 time for a while to work on my taxes and then come back to see we are down 17...wth?

I think it's fair to say you blinked, and you missed a bunch? ;D

This is shaping up to be a big L, and perhaps the saddest aspect of it is that 99% of the reasoning for it (from fans, at least) will be "Horford was out," "Jaylen was out," and "second half of a back-to-back," and almost no accountability regarding the players who were there. The Clippers have had some struggles this year, DJ's bricking FTs left and right, and Crawford's like 100 years old, and still Boston can't hang with them.

yeah i watched when we were ahead, I should have just stopped at that.

Looks like Crawford heated up in the 2nd half, and no one from the C's did. 

We do need an upgrade in the front court, KO has been regressing, Zellar is garbage for 9/10 games.

« Reply #344 on: March 07, 2017, 01:16:40 AM »

• Satch Sanders
Would anybody be surprised to see them beat GS and get stomped by Denver? Just so inconsistent.

No. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them lose both; in fact, I'm kind of expecting it. Winning both would probably be the most surprising outcome for me.

— C.S. Lewis