Author Topic: We need player who doesn't take plays off  (Read 5385 times)

We need player who doesn't take plays off
« on: March 05, 2017, 08:29:20 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This team is very inconsistent as far as effort is concerned. One game, they look like world beaters, then proceeds to embarrass themselves against subpar teams on the next game. Defense requires effort and it frustrates me when this team easily give up points.

Since the All-star break, only Smart and Brown puts up consistent effort and production. IT have consistent scoring but his decision making and defense aren't. Can't rely on soft bigs, especially KO and Zeller. Rozier is another who plays with energy every night, but his lack of IQ on both ends can be frustrating. Jerebko plays hard, but he's a limited talent.

We need more talented high-motor guys who rarely takes play offs and provides energy for the team. Zizic and Yabu strikes me as those guys. Not only they provide a much needed rim presence and size, they are also physically and mentally tough guys, though its yet to see whether they can contribute for the team next season.

Josh Jackson could be a final piece for next season. Athletically gifted forward with a knack on boards and can play point. Unlike Simmons, he's relentless on both ends and a huge positive impact for the team. Makes winning plays like Smart and very clutch too.

Re: We need player who doesn't take plays off
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:34:06 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Smart, Brown, Bradley. Those are 3 guys. I'd say that's more than most teams, TBH. The problem is, they aren't all stars and can't carry a team on their back.
- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this is what you get with a roster full of role players and no star.

they play on emotion and hustle... ya can't do that every night, it's impossible, some nights a star picks up the slack and good ole talent prevails. this is why this team(like Atlanta) gets referred to as a "regular season team". that's why when this team gets in the playoffs no matter who they play or what their seeding is it's not going to be easy and they could lose in any round.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Smart, Brown, Bradley. Those are 3 guys. I'd say that's more than most teams, TBH. The problem is, they aren't all stars and can't carry a team on their back.
I would add Crowder as well.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:53:25 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Do you think our players take more plays off that other teams?  Yeah, it not about taking plays off.  We're on the road, missing two starters.  We lost.  It happens.

Can people stop being so reactive?  After the last game, it was jaylen brown for the hall of fame.  Today we suck.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Do you think our players take more plays off that other teams?  Yeah, it not about taking plays off.  We're on the road, missing two starters.  We lost.  It happens.

Can people stop being so reactive?  After the last game, it was jaylen brown for the hall of fame.  Today we suck.

Yep. We are missing two starters, and this loss really highlights the importance of Horford to this team. People should look back at this loss to a poor team before saying that Horford is over rated and not worth his contract. He is worth every penny for how much better he makes everyone else on the team.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 09:01:39 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Or people can stop being naive and overly optimistic about their home team.

People are criticizing legit concerns about our team - our lone star has significant weaknesses, we have one of the worst rotation of bigs in the league, and the character of this team is nothing like it was the last two years, which is problematic because it was primarily our "grit and grind" character that made us successful the last two years. And it's these same issues that happen over and over again that lead to these bad losses. There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing these continuous issues out, and it's certainly not "reactive" since it's this same Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. over and over again that keeps us losing bad games like this.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 09:07:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I dont taking plays off is a big problem with this team.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

How much excuse can you give this team? "Superstar" IT is playing and they were in the brink of winning until he make crucial mistakes. Its not the rebounding or scoring that was missing, its the defense, the points in the paint they allowed. It's one thing when teams are shooting hot from outside, its another when they easily let them score in the paint.

I'm not reactive type of person nor I want our core players to be traded like some hysterical fans here do. I just recall what we desperately need and issues that are still not addressed at this point.

I give credit to players when it's due and call them out when something is wrong.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 09:45:30 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

How much excuse can you give this team? "Superstar" IT is playing and they were in the brink of winning until he make crucial mistakes. Its not the rebounding or scoring that was missing, its the defense, the points in the paint they allowed. It's one thing when teams are shooting hot from outside, its another when they easily let them score in the paint.

I'm not reactive type of person nor I want our core players to be traded like some hysterical fans here do. I just recall what we desperately need and issues that are still not addressed at this point.

I give credit to players when it's due and call them out when something is wrong.

You make it seem that IT's "crucial mistakes" is a thing. Is it? I seem to think of IT as a clutch offensive player, leading the NBA in 4th quarter scoring.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 09:54:05 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
All of a sudden Marcus Smart is untouchable in terms of being heavily criticized.

Marcus Smart is effort on the court. He will make the big play when nobody want's to.

With him it's more of yea that is an issue but man he plays so hard and makes big plays, so it's hard to come down hard on him

but people trashing IT at this point with what he has done are also way way overboard.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 10:00:05 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
All of a sudden Marcus Smart is untouchable in terms of being heavily criticized.

Marcus Smart is effort on the court. He will make the big play when nobody want's to.

With him it's more of yea that is an issue but man he plays so hard and makes big plays, so it's hard to come down hard on him

but people trashing IT at this point with what he has done are also way way overboard.

This game was winnable thanks to him. Others have blew it.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 10:01:16 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

You make it seem that IT's "crucial mistakes" is a thing. Is it? I seem to think of IT as a clutch offensive player, leading the NBA in 4th quarter scoring.

He wins us games when he is making the right plays, but cost us when he forces things or playing half-assed like this one, more often than not.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I'm still confused.

Are you saying that IT does not win us far more games than he loses us?

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 08:59:01 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737