Author Topic: Proof Magic Johnson is going to be a 'great' president of basketball operations  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I just found it hilarious how as soon as he traded Lou Williams for a first rounder (which ANY GM could have done honestly), LA LA LAND went berserk with happiness saying Magic was their answer and everything.. just off that one move  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I just found it hilarious how as soon as he traded Lou Williams for a first rounder (which ANY GM could have done honestly), LA LA LAND went berserk with happiness saying Magic was their answer and everything.. just off that one move  :laugh:
Sure they did, in truth rightfully so, that way they increase the chance of keeeping their 2017 and 2019 1st rounders.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
TP to slightly biased bias fan.  I do see the big deal about Magic being an executive.  One of the greatest NBA players of all time, yes.  Take a look at the executive careers of Isaiah Thomas and Michael Jordan.  No guarantee Magic will fare better.

True. But that is what they said when he said I want to bring Cinemas and Starbucks to the ghetto,
and revitalize these neighborhoods.

...and what happened to the neighborhoods? Do you think selling popcorn and watered sugar to poor communities actually revitalized the ghettos?

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Letting Jerry West go is the biggest mistake their franchise have made.

Yup.....lucky for Boston .  LOL

Lakers are STILL whining about the NBA nixing the CP3 deal.  ( small violins playing in the background)  ;D

Imagine a Big 3 of Kobe, CP3, and Dwight Howard that year? Wow!

But now they're also whining on why the NBA never nixed the Cousins to Pelicans trade lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)