Author Topic: Proof Magic Johnson is going to be a 'great' president of basketball operations  (Read 3112 times)

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Here is a prelude to some of the fantastic decisions he will be making for the Lakers in the form of old Tweets:

"For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal."

"I'm impressed w/ the Chicago Bulls starting Rondo, Butler, Wade & MCW off the bench they have the 3rd best group of guards in the league.."

"I love Okafor because he's won a state championship in HS, NCAA Title at Duke and he can bring that championship pedigree to the Lakers."

"The Bucks just acquired the next Jason Kidd in Michael Carter-Williams."

"Great move by Phil Jackson, James Dolan & Steve Mills, hiring Derek Fisher as the new head coach for the New York Knicks"

'The Dallas Mavericks' trade for Rajon Rondo puts them in position to be a contender in the Western Conference"

Keep it up Magic haha  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:52:40 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I've heard Danny told Magic "You're like Trump, and I am Putin".

Translation: "You're a fraud and I'm gonna play you like a fiddle!"
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Why go political here? 

I think given Magic's tenure as a coach there is a lot to worry about for LA fans.  Which is fine with me.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Here is a prelude to some of the fantastic decisions he will be making for the Lakers in the form of old Tweets:

"For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal."

"I'm impressed w/ the Chicago Bulls starting Rondo, Butler, Wade & MCW off the bench they have the 3rd best group of guards in the league.."

"I love Okafor because he's won a state championship in HS, NCAA Title at Duke and he can bring that championship pedigree to the Lakers."

"The Bucks just acquired the next Jason Kidd in Michael Carter-Williams."

"Great move by Phil Jackson, James Dolan & Steve Mills, hiring Derek Fisher as the new head coach for the New York Knicks"

'The Dallas Mavericks' trade for Rajon Rondo puts them in position to be a contender in the Western Conference"

Keep it up Magic haha  ;D ;D ;D

TP, sounds like the perfect PR for La La land to me.  ;D

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Why go political here? 

Well, you have to ask Danny...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I won't tease the faith. There is a possibility he might be a great president. Not saying it is 100, but we had enough trouble with them already and this guy is called Magic for a reason.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Letting Jerry West go is the biggest mistake their franchise have made.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
TP to slightly biased bias fan.  I do not see the big deal about Magic being an executive.  One of the greatest NBA players of all time, yes.  Take a look at the executive careers of Isaiah Thomas and Michael Jordan.  No guarantee Magic will fare better.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:39:38 AM by Surferdad »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
TP to slightly biased bias fan.  I do see the big deal about Magic being an executive.  One of the greatest NBA players of all time, yes.  Take a look at the executive careers of Isaiah Thomas and Michael Jordan.  No guarantee Magic will fare better.

True. But that is what they said when he said I want to bring Cinemas and Starbucks to the ghetto,
and revitalize these neighborhoods.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
If he can keep his job .  I don't think the Buss boys like him calling the shots for their team .

Lakers fans might be better off if the NBA stepped in and forced them to sell the franchise to a new owner.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Letting Jerry West go is the biggest mistake their franchise have made.

Yup.....lucky for Boston .  LOL

Lakers are STILL whining about the NBA nixing the CP3 deal.  ( small violins playing in the background)  ;D

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Magic running the Lakers is very good news for the C's

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Magic is getting in at rock bottom. There's definitely a chance there for him to succeed. What if they land Jackson in the draft?

Russell
Jackson
Ingram
Randle
FA

There's potential there.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Why go political here? 

I think given Magic's tenure as a coach there is a lot to worry about for LA fans.  Which is fine with me.

Good question here. There's no need to advertise who is a snowflake.

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56

Why go political here? 

Good question here. There's no need to advertise who is a snowflake.

I don't think you guys are understanding the original posters comment.

Ainge LITERALLY said this in an interview with Abby and Scal the day after the trade deadline. He was making light of the fact that Magic probably didn't even know how to make a call yet to other Cms.

Relax guys