Author Topic: Celtics (40-22) at Suns (20-42) Game #63 3/5/17  (Read 56477 times)

Re: Celtics (40-22) at Suns (20-42) Game #63 3/5/17
« Reply #495 on: March 05, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Is it just me or did immediately after that last basket IT look back at Crowder like it was his fault?  It would confirm what I suspect of him as a teammate, so figure I'm not the best one to answer this question.

That was bad
anyone have a video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eflT88bhII

Can kind of see it here barely at the bottom of screen.

« Reply #496 on: March 05, 2017, 08:23:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
So IT throws JAE under the bus?!!!! $@#%$#%$#%#%$#%#!!!!
where did you see this?

His interview now on CSNNE

What did he say?

He said he thought Jae would in ball the ball to him sooner and that he didn't know what he was thinking, but by time he got the ball Criss was right there to cause the turnover. He took no responsibility whatsoever.

TP for the summary of what he said.   That crap has gotta stop.  The whole team is responsible for this idiotic loss, not any one individual.  I know we wouldn't be where we are without IT the scorer, but sometimes he doesn't seem to be the leader we need.

« Reply #497 on: March 05, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Is it just me or did immediately after that last basket IT look back at Crowder like it was his fault?  It would confirm what I suspect of him as a teammate, so figure I'm not the best one to answer this question.

That was bad
anyone have a video?

IT basically confirmed this in his postgame interview. As soon as he was asked about the turnover, the first words to come out his mouth included Jae.

« Reply #498 on: March 05, 2017, 08:25:37 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
where did you see this?

What did he say?

He said he thought Jae would in ball the ball to him sooner and that he didn't know what he was thinking, but by time he got the ball Criss was right there to cause the turnover. He took no responsibility whatsoever.

TP for the summary of what he said.   That crap has gotta stop.  The whole team is responsible for this idiotic loss, not any one individual.  I know we wouldn't be where we are without IT the scorer, but sometimes he doesn't seem to be the leader we need.

A true leader would have said this loss is on me. Period.

« Reply #499 on: March 05, 2017, 08:26:36 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown

That was bad
anyone have a video?

IT basically confirmed this in his postgame interview. As soon as he was asked about the turnover, the first words to come out his mouth included Jae.

Figured he would.  I have always pegged him as the type of guy who would do this.  Was hoping I was wrong.  Guess not. 

« Reply #500 on: March 05, 2017, 08:26:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 back to his non passing ways... Absolute hot dog sometimes

Why cant he play the way he did vs the Cavs in the last 5 min? Pass the ball...energize the team

In addition his defense is limited...  There will always be a defensive inbalance (ab or smart guards pg and IT4 guards giants?)

IT4 not only to blame but Im a very big advocate on playing lockdown D on pgs....mess up their flow.  You cant do this with poor/limited  1 on 1 pg  defenders

« Reply #501 on: March 05, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

That was bad
anyone have a video?

Figured he would.  I have always pegged him as the type of guy who would do this.  Was hoping I was wrong.  Guess not.

It p---ed me off to the point that all my set with this team with the way its constructed. IT is an awesome player but he doesn't appear to get the same treatment the other guys do. I can't respect that. I just want to see Smart and Jaylen get better, who in my mind should be getting just as many looks as IT now.

« Reply #502 on: March 05, 2017, 08:31:43 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

« Reply #503 on: March 05, 2017, 08:34:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The turn over
https://twitter.com/hpbasketball/status/838551988107374594
i watched it bunch of times. IT should have known the suns would go after him. that turn over looks to be on him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #504 on: March 05, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Nothing like some inner turmoil towards the end of the season to get us set for the playoffs. Great work IT. Your job is to not miss that free throw and not fumble the ball away.

« Reply #505 on: March 05, 2017, 08:36:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
where did you see this?

What did he say?

A true leader would have said this loss is on me. Period.

Exactly

« Reply #506 on: March 05, 2017, 08:37:21 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

That was bad
anyone have a video?

I didn't think it was Jaes fault either, I'd have to re-watch....but I did hear Jae actually saying that he passed it to him too late...although that may have him just taking the blame

« Reply #507 on: March 05, 2017, 08:38:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
where did you see this?

What did he say?

Ridiculous. That was clearly IT's fault. You don't let the ball roll like that to avoid time coming off the clock when you're in traffic like that, let alone him missing the crucial free throw that would've won us the game anyways. If he wants to be a max contract star leader of this team, then these kind of "blame games" can't happen. KG and Pierce would've been the first to say "my bad" in this type of situation.

It's becoming more and more difficult for me to justify maxing IT out. Yes, he's an absolutely fantastic scorer, but he's not the leader he needs to be and doesn't play the right way way too often, along with being an absolutely atrocious defender, even if he does try on that side of the ball. Hopefully we can land someone like Fultz this summer and he looks ready to start and contribute from the get-go.

Even the IT apologists have to acknowledge that there's becoming more and more reasons to not max out IT long-term, from his suspect leadership abilities to his questionable decision-making to his atrocious defense.

« Reply #508 on: March 05, 2017, 08:39:26 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown

That was bad
anyone have a video?

It p---ed me off to the point that all my set with this team with the way its constructed. IT is an awesome player but he doesn't appear to get the same treatment the other guys do. I can't respect that. I just want to see Smart and Jaylen get better, who in my mind should be getting just as many looks as IT now.

I think it was the Atlanta or Cleveland game when IT was barking at Jaylen over a somewhat silly, but not overly costly defensive foul.  IT, who last I checked was 88th/88 point guards in defensive rpm.  I'm just totally over him.  Plays for himself first, to win second, and his teammate's last.  Would love to see Crowder grab him by the throat and ask him whose fault the turnover was.   

« Reply #509 on: March 05, 2017, 08:42:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

That was bad
anyone have a video?

I didn't think it was Jaes fault either, I'd have to re-watch....but I did hear Jae actually saying that he passed it to him too late...although that may have him just taking the blame

Read: him being a leader of the team.

Outside of his Hayward issue, Crowder has been a good leader of the team ever since coming here.