Author Topic: LA Times: Paul George is still telling friends he intends to be a Laker in 2018  (Read 4986 times)

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Not reading to much into these rumors at this point. The only people I rely on is Woj and Stein. Take everything else with a grain of salt.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
LA times doing their best to interfere with the reality that he will be traded somewhere other than LA.
Yeah. LA newspaper reports star athlete wants to play in LA. Go figure.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Yeah, I don't think an LA paper is the most objective, trusted source with this type of rumor. This has Magic/Pelinka linking this to a newspaper all over it to try and discourage Danny.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
When a player tells you he wants to play for the Lakers listen to him. Because he's either exceptionally foolish or he's telling you the truth.

Skip this guy. I'd rather have Blake or Milsap.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
When a player tells you he wants to play for the Lakers listen to him. Because he's either exceptionally foolish or he's telling you the truth.

No way. 

Paul George is the BPA right now.  Can legitimately guard and stare down LBJ. 

Lakers a garbage fire. 

Call his bluff.

That's the only guy I want.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This is misinformation planted by Danny to keep the Pacers price down for a "rental".

Clear to me.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I would believe the rumor, he's telling people he wants to be a Laker. So this article is good for Ainge, he can hold firm on not giving the Lakers pick. But for a PG rental I'd still give up Bradley, Crowder, and any other non-premium 1sts. Maybe he changes his mind, maybe he doesn't. But for a year, we'd have a superteam for a moderate price. Go for it.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

Except this has NEVER come out publicly from the horse's mouth. All of these reports have come from people/sources with clear motives to leak such stuff.

I certainly believe he wants to go home and play for the Lakers; I also find it highly improbable that he'd leave a superteam just to go home and play with the Lakers.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I would believe the rumor, he's telling people he wants to be a Laker. So this article is good for Ainge, he can hold firm on not giving the Lakers pick. But for a PG rental I'd still give up Bradley, Crowder, and any other non-premium 1sts. Maybe he changes his mind, maybe he doesn't. But for a year, we'd have a superteam for a moderate price. Go for it.

Getting hard to tell which picks will be the non-premium ones. What are the protections on the Clips and Memphis picks?  Neither franchise looking ascendant right now. Danny might be a genius.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Getting hard to tell which picks will be the non-premium ones. What are the protections on the Clips and Memphis picks?  Neither franchise looking ascendant right now. Danny might be a genius.

The Clippers pick will never be a lottery pick, and if West decides to follow The Process, it will wind up being a 2nd and the best it'll be is late teens. The Grizzlies pick is top 8 protected in '19, top 6 protected in '20, and unprotected in '21. It's a nice pick, but I wouldn't call it premium.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:37:42 PM by Dino Pitino »
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.