Author Topic: So VP Mike Pence was using an AOL email for State business & was actually hacked  (Read 3716 times)

Offline kozlodoev

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1128
Aren't there Political forums where this crap can get discussed?
If you're not interested in seeing the Current Events forum, a moderator can resolve this for you. Otherwise, feel free to just ignore this and other similar topics.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Offline Grindfather

• Aron Baynes
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • First Team All-Defense
Trump won. Get over it.  Trump has done more to benefit the American people in 1 month than Obama did in 8 years. What you lefties have to stop doing is trying to delegitimize the election. You cry babies are not looking good and not helping your cause. You are only making Trump stronger which is good for Lower taxes, better healthcare, stronger military and economic prosperity.

[dang] did we delegitimize the original birther who lost the popular vote by 3 million.  When your taxes are lower, your healthcare is better, we have a stronger military, and economic prosperity you can make your claim --so far we just have a month of stupidly mismanaged disorganization and a lot of foolish tweets.

Oooh! Ooh! Don't forget crumbling faith from international communities in our ability to keep our word as a country and eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies!

Like when Obama screwed Israel at the UN Security Council?

Hey Roy,

I'm gonna leave this right here for you:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism

If you don't like counterexamples exposing hypocrisy, I'm not sure what to say.  If stabbing Israel in its back isn't an example of "eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies", then you're wearing hyper-partisan blinders. If Schumer and Blumenthal call the administration out, then you know it's a significant breach.

If one has got no problem with Obama screwing allies, but takes offense to Trump objecting to taking refugees that Australia doesn't want or asking for NATO members to carry their weight, s/he's probably living in a state of cognitive dissonance.

The topic of this thread is a counterexample exposing hypocrisy, but you are pretty vociferously arguing a non-congruence.

What I'm saying to you really is that the habit of arguing "yeah, but...Obama" or "yeah, but...Hillary" is deflective propaganda (Soviet-rooted propaganda at that!).  And it's extremely lazy.

It can be both true that Trump has weakened our position in the world by offending allies and that Obama's Israel vote abstention hurt U.S.-Israeli relations, but invoking the latter to dispel the former is not a valid argument.  It's like when a child breaks a lamp and defends himself by saying his brother drew on the wall.  The kid still broke the dang lamp.

Offline D Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 240
someone ate their salmon & mashed potatoes today... TP for the Grindfather

Online mef730

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 428
Okay, I've had just about enough of you people. I've seen some pretty intense arguments online, but a few of you have just stepped way over the line with your commentary in this discussion and it borders on insulting.

I still have an AOL email. I like my AOL email. I use my AOL email. No, I do not pay for it, but it's just easier to stick with the email that I have used for 20+ years than to change it every time you young whippersnappers come up with your fashionable ISP of the day.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch some VHS tapes while I play Pong.

Mike
Tickets for the 2017-18 season for sale at face value! Thread here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=93612.0

Offline Celtics4ever

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 916
Where was all this outrage when Clinton was using her Secretary State powers to help the Clinton Foundation?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-presidential-campaign-charity.html?_r=0

Or her emails, MSNBC barely mentioned it.  Blind partisanship is destroying this country.   As I veteran I had to serve both sides of the isles regardless of my views.   

Offline GratefulCs

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 422
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Okay, I've had just about enough of you people. I've seen some pretty intense arguments online, but a few of you have just stepped way over the line with your commentary in this discussion and it borders on insulting.

I still have an AOL email. I like my AOL email. I use my AOL email. No, I do not pay for it, but it's just easier to stick with the email that I have used for 20+ years than to change it every time you young whippersnappers come up with your fashionable ISP of the day.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch some VHS tapes while I play Pong.

Mike
do yourself a favor and buy a laser disk.....it's like 800 bucks, but it's clear as day!

wave of the future!
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: -28004
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Trump won. Get over it.  Trump has done more to benefit the American people in 1 month than Obama did in 8 years. What you lefties have to stop doing is trying to delegitimize the election. You cry babies are not looking good and not helping your cause. You are only making Trump stronger which is good for Lower taxes, better healthcare, stronger military and economic prosperity.

[dang] did we delegitimize the original birther who lost the popular vote by 3 million.  When your taxes are lower, your healthcare is better, we have a stronger military, and economic prosperity you can make your claim --so far we just have a month of stupidly mismanaged disorganization and a lot of foolish tweets.

Oooh! Ooh! Don't forget crumbling faith from international communities in our ability to keep our word as a country and eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies!

Like when Obama screwed Israel at the UN Security Council?

Hey Roy,

I'm gonna leave this right here for you:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism

If you don't like counterexamples exposing hypocrisy, I'm not sure what to say.  If stabbing Israel in its back isn't an example of "eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies", then you're wearing hyper-partisan blinders. If Schumer and Blumenthal call the administration out, then you know it's a significant breach.

If one has got no problem with Obama screwing allies, but takes offense to Trump objecting to taking refugees that Australia doesn't want or asking for NATO members to carry their weight, s/he's probably living in a state of cognitive dissonance.

The topic of this thread is a counterexample exposing hypocrisy, but you are pretty vociferously arguing a non-congruence.

What I'm saying to you really is that the habit of arguing "yeah, but...Obama" or "yeah, but...Hillary" is deflective propaganda (Soviet-rooted propaganda at that!).  And it's extremely lazy.

It can be both true that Trump has weakened our position in the world by offending allies and that Obama's Israel vote abstention hurt U.S.-Israeli relations, but invoking the latter to dispel the former is not a valid argument.  It's like when a child breaks a lamp and defends himself by saying his brother drew on the wall.  The kid still broke the dang lamp.
m

Sure, except none of that applies here. I'm not defending Trump. I'm not invoking Obama's failures to defend Trump's. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of being upset for doing similar things to what Obama did.

I don't like Trump, but I find the blatant hypocrisy toward his actions to be a mix between amusing and nauseating.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

Offline gift

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 121

Mike

Get off the internet, I need to make a phone call!

Offline jpotter33

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 2807
Roy, have you ever thought about renaming the Celticsblog forum as Occupy Democrats/Daily KOS/The Huffington Post 2.0?  ;)

I mean, seriously, the amount of partisan hypocrisy that has been displayed on this blog in the last year or so is just disgusting, and it goes both ways, too. The amount of discussion on here about the scandals and corruption surrounding Trump and his team vastly overshadows the very minimal discussion about the scandals and corruption surrounding Obama, Hillary, or anything on the left side of the political spectrum, and even when these things do get brought up, it's usually from Conservative or Libertarian-types with most of the discussion being rationalizations and equivocations trying to justify or downplay the issue.

Where was all the outrage on here over some of the leftist scandals and corruption the last few years, such as the Fast and Furious scandal, the DNC corruption, VA Health Administration Scandal, IRS Scandal, the Iranian Hostage Ransom Scandal, GSA Scandal, Holder/New Black Panther Party Scandal, Obama's executive overreach, etc.? Funny that on a leftist blog for a New England sports team that these issues are much less discussed in favor of Republican scandals, and, like I said, it works the other way, too. Way too many people in middle America rationalize Trump's issues while focusing on the failures or issues of Obama, Hillary, Bernie, etc.

Don't try to act like you care about corruption now when you were reticent the last 8 years with Democratic/leftist corruption. Don't try to act like you care about executive overreach now when you were reticent the last 8 years about Obama's executive overreach. Don't try to act like you care about honesty and integrity now when you were reticent the last 8 years with Democratic/leftist lack of honesty and integrity.

And I know most of you do care about these things personally and aren't the blind partisans that many Americans are. But the fact of the matter is that on here you're much more vocal and passionate about these issues now than you were the last 8 years when it came from a leftist administration, which is completely unjust, illogical, and hypocritical. It is this type of attitude that has caused such major political divides in America.

This blog (at least the current events section) would be so much better with much more political parity instead of the dominance of liberal posters that has largely made this place a Trump-hating echo chamber in recent months. There'd be a lot more useful, interesting political dialogue than the constant snarky back-patting and group-affirmation that characterizes much of the dialogue recently. It's becoming more and more apparent to me why people voluntarily ban themselves from the current event sections here.

And I know there's going to be rationalizing posts in response to this suggesting a false equivalency, that Trump is much worse than Obama, and/or arguing that the scandals/issues are different or not really scandals/issues at all, because of course there will be. But that just further proves the central thesis that I'm arguing here.
Quote from:  Ron Swanson
It's never too early to learn that the government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teet until they have sore, chapped nipples.

Online fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2348
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Mike
do yourself a favor and buy a laser disk.....it's like 800 bucks, but it's clear as day!

wave of the future!

I have some really good laserdisc reviews you might like on my Angelfire page. They're the best thing since the 3DO in my opinion.

Give me your ICQ name and I'll send you the URLs to copy-paste.

Online mef730

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 428
I still remember watching Moulin Rouge on laser disc. The difference in quality versus VHS or whatever the standard at the time was just blew me away. Apparently, I was the only one.

Mike
Tickets for the 2017-18 season for sale at face value! Thread here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=93612.0

Offline mmmmm

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 438

Well, at least some people are already getting absurd amounts of money poured into their pockets already.   Every day, your tax dollars and mine are spent on rents for rooms for the Secret Service at the Trump palace in NY.  Every time himself takes the whole entourage down to Mar-a-Lago, giant buckets of federal cash get poured into his holdings.   Every time the princes royal travel around the world to carry out the Trump empire business, secret service travels with them.

The burn rate on travel & security with this administration his beyond absurd already.  The fact that a large percentage of that cash is flowing directly into Trump holdings is obscene.

Within a very short time (weeks), Trump will have burned through more White House travel & security money than Obama spent in eight _years_.

The whole thing is like a major con job.   A giant cash grab.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt? Incompetent? Which is worse? Does it matter? It sucks.

Offline blink

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 259
Roy, have you ever thought about renaming the Celticsblog forum as Occupy Democrats/Daily KOS/The Huffington Post 2.0?  ;)

I mean, seriously, the amount of partisan hypocrisy that has been displayed on this blog in the last year or so is just disgusting, and it goes both ways, too. The amount of discussion on here about the scandals and corruption surrounding Trump and his team vastly overshadows the very minimal discussion about the scandals and corruption surrounding Obama, Hillary, or anything on the left side of the political spectrum, and even when these things do get brought up, it's usually from Conservative or Libertarian-types with most of the discussion being rationalizations and equivocations trying to justify or downplay the issue.

Where was all the outrage on here over some of the leftist scandals and corruption the last few years, such as the Fast and Furious scandal, the DNC corruption, VA Health Administration Scandal, IRS Scandal, the Iranian Hostage Ransom Scandal, GSA Scandal, Holder/New Black Panther Party Scandal, Obama's executive overreach, etc.? Funny that on a leftist blog for a New England sports team that these issues are much less discussed in favor of Republican scandals, and, like I said, it works the other way, too. Way too many people in middle America rationalize Trump's issues while focusing on the failures or issues of Obama, Hillary, Bernie, etc.

Don't try to act like you care about corruption now when you were reticent the last 8 years with Democratic/leftist corruption. Don't try to act like you care about executive overreach now when you were reticent the last 8 years about Obama's executive overreach. Don't try to act like you care about honesty and integrity now when you were reticent the last 8 years with Democratic/leftist lack of honesty and integrity.

And I know most of you do care about these things personally and aren't the blind partisans that many Americans are. But the fact of the matter is that on here you're much more vocal and passionate about these issues now than you were the last 8 years when it came from a leftist administration, which is completely unjust, illogical, and hypocritical. It is this type of attitude that has caused such major political divides in America.

This blog (at least the current events section) would be so much better with much more political parity instead of the dominance of liberal posters that has largely made this place a Trump-hating echo chamber in recent months. There'd be a lot more useful, interesting political dialogue than the constant snarky back-patting and group-affirmation that characterizes much of the dialogue recently. It's becoming more and more apparent to me why people voluntarily ban themselves from the current event sections here.

And I know there's going to be rationalizing posts in response to this suggesting a false equivalency, that Trump is much worse than Obama, and/or arguing that the scandals/issues are different or not really scandals/issues at all, because of course there will be. But that just further proves the central thesis that I'm arguing here.

So if someone wasn't calling out Obama for every failure for 8 years that invalidates people's legitimate concerns about Trump?  Sorry, no it doesn't.

Offline kozlodoev

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1128
That was a huge wall of text. However, after reading it I am still not sure what your central thesis is.

I can tell you what my central thesis is, though: how objectively awful the first month of the Trump presidency have been is not (nor should it it be) a partisan issue.

The problem of most conservatives (on the blog and in general) is that they're willing to double down on this Presidency, evidence be danged. It's an odd "it's my turn to play with the toys so shush" syndrom, but I guess that's the hill on which the Republican Party chose to die on.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 348
It's like when a child breaks a lamp and defends himself by saying his brother drew on the wall.  The kid still broke the dang lamp.

Hey, how did you know what my kids were doing last night?
[because that's pretty much par for the course in my house]
Celtics fan for life.