Author Topic: So VP Mike Pence was using an AOL email for State business & was actually hacked  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: -28272
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Trump won. Get over it.  Trump has done more to benefit the American people in 1 month than Obama did in 8 years. What you lefties have to stop doing is trying to delegitimize the election. You cry babies are not looking good and not helping your cause. You are only making Trump stronger which is good for Lower taxes, better healthcare, stronger military and economic prosperity.

[dang] did we delegitimize the original birther who lost the popular vote by 3 million.  When your taxes are lower, your healthcare is better, we have a stronger military, and economic prosperity you can make your claim --so far we just have a month of stupidly mismanaged disorganization and a lot of foolish tweets.

Oooh! Ooh! Don't forget crumbling faith from international communities in our ability to keep our word as a country and eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies!

Like when Obama screwed Israel at the UN Security Council?

So do you seriously think that Obama managed the relationships with our allies worse than Trump?  Trying to see through the snarky response to what your point is?

Yes, I do. Turning his back on our strongest ally on his way out the door was one of the most disgusting political stunts I've seen.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

Offline hpantazo

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1280
Why is no one stating the obvious:

Pence should be *ashamed* of himself...

... for still using AOL.

That was my first thought !! I was like , people still use AOL???

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 323
Trump won. Get over it.  Trump has done more to benefit the American people in 1 month than Obama did in 8 years. What you lefties have to stop doing is trying to delegitimize the election. You cry babies are not looking good and not helping your cause. You are only making Trump stronger which is good for Lower taxes, better healthcare, stronger military and economic prosperity.

Yes, Trump won. But, Trump is not infallible.

Regardless of who is in power, we as Americans have a right and duty to call them out when they screw up.

Celtics fan for life.

Offline hpantazo

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1280

[dang] did we delegitimize the original birther who lost the popular vote by 3 million.  When your taxes are lower, your healthcare is better, we have a stronger military, and economic prosperity you can make your claim --so far we just have a month of stupidly mismanaged disorganization and a lot of foolish tweets.

Oooh! Ooh! Don't forget crumbling faith from international communities in our ability to keep our word as a country and eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies!

So do you seriously think that Obama managed the relationships with our allies worse than Trump?  Trying to see through the snarky response to what your point is?

Yes, I do. Turning his back on our strongest ally on his way out the door was one of the most disgusting political stunts I've seen.

We have always been Israels strongest ally. Are they our strong ally though? What have they actually done to help us? Our support for them has cost us a huge amount in terms of money , lives, and international relationships. It is th major reason we are a prime target of terrorism, and a huge part of why our military is in the Middle East.

Steadfast support of an Israeli state early on was fantastic, a great policy and highly justified. Know that they are highly established though, we should not allow our blind support to enable them to illegally invade and colonize other territories. Let them do it on their own. By us supporting them in that, we become equally guilty.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:39:21 PM by hpantazo »

Offline kraidstar

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 159

I mean, really?

Israel has been screwing us for years. They hang us out to dry every chance we get, it's about time someone stood up to them. Netanyahu is a fanatic and should be treated as such.

If anything, we've been alienating all of our other allies with our blind support for Israel, which has done nothing but stoke the fire in the middle east, as the Arabs believe the west is biased against them in favor of Israel. We've been paying a huge political price for what is really an allegiance based on religious tradition more than practicality.

And Israel has exploited that tradition.

Ask any European and they will say we're insane the way we bend over backwards for them.

I grew up in a religious household believing Israel was a sacred cow. I took off those blinders years later and I realized that outlook is deeply misguided. If we don't call them out when they're wrong than we undermine the entire peace process - a process that would ultimately protect them.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 901
  • What a Pub Should Be
That sounds like a tangent that could really be its own thread and not necessarily in this discussion.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Grindfather

• Kelly Olynyk
  • Tommy Points: 51
  • First Team All-Defense

Hey Roy,

I'm gonna leave this right here for you:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Offline kraidstar

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 159
That sounds like a tangent that could really be its own thread and not necessarily in this discussion.

So we can't refute a statement made to bolster an argument directly related to the thread?

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Bill Russell

Hey Roy,

If you don't like counterexamples exposing hypocrisy, I'm not sure what to say.  If stabbing Israel in its back isn't an example of "eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies", then you're wearing hyper-partisan blinders. If Schumer and Blumenthal call the administration out, then you know it's a significant breach.

If one has got no problem with Obama screwing allies, but takes offense to Trump objecting to taking refugees that Australia doesn't want or asking for NATO members to carry their weight, s/he's probably living in a state of cognitive dissonance.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 901
  • What a Pub Should Be

So we can't refute a statement made to bolster an argument directly related to the thread?

I'm just saying that its going totally off topic to the discussion at hand.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline blink

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 209

Hey Roy,

If you don't like counterexamples exposing hypocrisy, I'm not sure what to say.  If stabbing Israel in its back isn't an example of "eroding relationships worldwide with longtime allies", then you're wearing hyper-partisan blinders. If Schumer and Blumenthal call the administration out, then you know it's a significant breach.

If one has got no problem with Obama screwing allies, but takes offense to Trump objecting to taking refugees that Australia doesn't want or asking for NATO members to carry their weight, s/he's probably living in a state of cognitive dissonance.

Hypocrisy, or maybe just false equivalence?

Trump has riled these allies (who are actually bigger allies to us than Israel)
1. Australia - well documented riff with Malcolm Turnbull
2. UK - parliament has debated if Trump should be banned from visiting the UK
3. France - poor start to the relationship with Hollande
4. Germany - insulted Merkel multiple times
5. Japan - Trump claimed that japan was stealing american jobs, freeloading on defense
6. NATO allies - Trumps support of Russia over traditional NATO allies, Trumps threat to not support NATO allies in the event of Russian incursion into Estonia / Latvia /Lithuania

Offline GratefulCs

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 267
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
    • Jademerchants.com

Hey Roy,

why do you assume that everyone on the left is ok with EVERYTHING obama did?

why avoid what's happening RIGHT NOW?
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Bill Russell

Hey Roy,

Im not avoiding what's happening right now. I am, however, wondering why those concerned about fraying relationships with allies didn't speak up previously. We saw many relationships fray under Obama, including those with Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, Ukraine and the Phillipines.

Offline GratefulCs

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 267
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
    • Jademerchants.com

Hey Roy,

Im not avoiding what's happening right now. I am, however, wondering why those concerned about fraying relationships with allies didn't speak up previously. We saw many relationships fray under Obama, including those with Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, Ukraine and the Phillipines.
honestly my guess is that because there's SO MUCH happeningSO FAST right now

whereas things were a little more "normal"and "by the book" early on with obama. it became easier to miss certain things because not many were looking for them
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline TheBig3

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 13
Aren't there Political forums where this crap can get discussed?