Author Topic: Celtics (39-22) at Lakers (19-42) Game #62 3/3/17  (Read 26423 times)

Re: Celtics (39-22) at Lakers (19-42) Game #62 3/3/17
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2017, 08:49:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The power struggle between the Lakers owners is about to get out of hand .

Apparently the two Buss brothers are not happy about losing power and firing of Mitch ......and the they though Magic was only going to be some sort of  feel good spokes person .  Has been given the drafting and personnel power.  The brothers are not the happy campers.

Lakers front office is a time bomb .
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:56:00 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2017, 09:12:08 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Apparently the two Buss brothers are not happy about losing power and firing of Mitch ......and the they though Magic was only going to be some sort of  feel good spokes person .  Has been given the drafting and personnel power.  The brothers are not the happy campers.

Isn't it great?  They'll be a terrible team for a long, long time. 

« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Holy hot garbage batman, Ingram was awful yesterday. The only thing he was able to do was collect fouls, although he did play more minutes than Brown.
#JKJB

« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

It is great but yet players like George want to go there???

« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Lakers will be a playoff team next year if they draft Alonzo Ball. Need his leadership.

« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2017, 09:48:34 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Lakers will be a playoff team next year if they draft Alonzo Ball. Need his leadership.

So they are going from the dumpster to a playoff team in the West next year huh? Did Lonzo Ball's dad tell you that?

« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Holy hot garbage batman, Ingram was awful yesterday. The only thing he was able to do was collect fouls, although he did play more minutes than Brown.
Worse than I expected. He has bad body language out there as if to say:  "I know I should be better than this."

« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Silver finally addressing the pathetic all-star weekend.

Wonder what the motivation will be...
Baseball has HCA regardless of regular season record why can't the NBA do the same.
but mlb has regrets and will probably change this.

it turned out that trying to give meaning to a single, meaningless game by negating what a superior team has worked all season to achieve (best record) does not sit well with players, coaches, and owners.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Players that want to be on the Lakers or Clippers TODAY , not the guys of 20-30 years ago , well you really got to scratch your head .  What is there true focus. Are they interested in Hollywood , glamour,  Kardashians ,  parties , TV contracts .....WHY is basketball itself  low on the totem pole of Priority .

Winning is second to living a celebrity party sunshine 24-7 lifestyle .  So.....if everybody was like this who is going to care about the sport and putting in the effort to hang a banner.

Lakers today is a day care unit for spoiled basketball players .

« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I was so proud of myself for staying up for the game (a tradition started when I was a kid and my mom didn't make me go to bed!), but switched channels with them up 30 for a sec to catch some women's curling while awaiting Mickey Time, and switched back to find the lead cut in half in like 4 minutes.

Looks like Walton did a wholesale subbing, middle-school style, almost as a disciplinary thing for poor effort, and the C's saw the subs and misinterpreted the move as raising the white flag?

Nice to see the lakers get creamed any time. That Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.bag Brian Shaw is still there as an assistant. I still hate that guy.

« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I was so proud of myself for staying up for the game (a tradition started when I was a kid and my mom didn't make me go to bed!), but switched channels with them up 30 for a sec to catch some women's curling while awaiting Mickey Time, and switched back to find the lead cut in half in like 4 minutes.

Looks like Walton did a wholesale subbing, middle-school style, almost as a disciplinary thing for poor effort, and the C's saw the subs and misinterpreted the move as raising the white flag?

Nice to see the lakers get creamed any time. That ****bag Brian Shaw is still there as an assistant. I still hate that guy.
The wholesale 5-for-5 subbing is what got them back into the game.  Walton was clever, but also I like their bench better than their starters with Clarkson and Nance especially. The starting young core of Russell, Ingram, Randle is not nearly as good as Minny, Milwaukee or even Philly for that matter. Meanwhile they have "boat anchors" in Deng and Mosgov. Good luck Magic!!

« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2017, 12:09:53 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Missed the game but nice win!

« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Players that want to be on the Lakers or Clippers TODAY , not the guys of 20-30 years ago , well you really got to scratch your head .  What is there true focus. Are they interested in Hollywood , glamour,  Kardashians ,  parties , TV contracts .....WHY is basketball itself  low on the totem pole of Priority .

Winning is second to living a celebrity party sunshine 24-7 lifestyle .  So.....if everybody was like this who is going to care about the sport and putting in the effort to hang a banner.

Lakers today is a day care unit for spoiled basketball players .
There are a lot of players from California.  George grew up outside of Los Angeles.  If he doesn't stay with the Pacers, it makes sense that he'd want to return home.  If we make the ECF and lose a close series to the Cavs, maybe he'd seriously consider us.  But if we get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round, I don't see why he would. 

That being said, the Lakers really haven't been a free agent draw.  They were Melo's 3rd choice.  They didn't get close to getting Aldridge, Jordan, DeRozen.   They had to settle for overpaying for Deng and Mozgov.  I do think putting Magic in charge has a chance to change their narrative but not if the Buss children fighting gets out of control.