Author Topic: SO glad we didn't get into trading for this dude  (Read 5323 times)

Re: SO glad we didn't get into trading for this dude
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Guy reminds me of Al Jefferson, but not nearly as good on either side of the ball.

http://bkref.com/tiny/6rhFd

I don't care what the stats say, this is flat out disrespectful to Big Al.

At least it is when you look at the original post video where Okafor's dogging it. I think he's checked out and I'm not surprised given how things have gone for him in the pros combined with the the fiasco Hinkie created and the Colangelos have inherited and have contributed to.

OTOH, when Okafor was trying, he had the same deer-in-the-headlights-look Al did defensively when he had some one driving at him. That's how he reminds me of Big Al. I provided the stats, however, because it's crystal clear that Al's are better to much better across the board. Thus Okafor was drafted too high, especially with Zinger still on the board. That's a big mistake especially given that he was their 3rd center.

Hinkie made some decent moves, but he screwed up royally on bigger issues.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:55:28 PM by colincb »

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I don't remember as many issues when he was at Duke. It's weird how winning and losing can have effect an effort and team culture. Who knew? :)

I think he would play better on a good team. I would def buy him at a depressed value. Does Philly want to get rid of him?

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 03:07:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I don't remember as many issues when he was at Duke. It's weird how winning and losing can have effect an effort and team culture. Who knew? :)

I think he would play better on a good team. I would def buy him at a depressed value. Does Philly want to get rid of him?
Im still convinced theres some salvageable talent.

he is gifted offensively. That doesnt just go away.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't care about his supposed talent at this point. He has shown a terrible lack of maturity, work ethic, personal responsibility, and dedication to his craft. He is being paid millions of dollars to play basketball to the best of his ability and THAT is how he plays? Stay far, far, far away from Jahlil Okafor, Danny!

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Also since we are pitchforking the guy,

this isn't a one time play. Look at Brown's reaction to his effort on this

https://twitter.com/ttrain305/status/837121967463477249/video/1

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 04:47:51 PM »

Online sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
The videos of him are just awful. Just think of the skills he obviously has.. There are 100 other big men busting their asses off but simply doesn´t have the natural feel of the game or the physical abilities that he has. And this bum just checks out mentally.

I really hope he can turn it around like Z-Bo did. He has the tools. Maybe he needs to play in Russia for a season or two like Gerald Green?

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 05:12:07 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Guy reminds me of Al Jefferson, but not nearly as good on either side of the ball.

At least it is when you look at the original post video where Okafor's dogging it. I think he's checked out and I'm not surprised given how things have gone for him in the pros combined with the the fiasco Hinkie created and the Colangelos have inherited and have contributed to.

OTOH, when Okafor was trying, he had the same deer-in-the-headlights-look Al did defensively when he had some one driving at him. That's how he reminds me of Big Al. I provided the stats, however, because it's crystal clear that Al's are better to much better across the board. Thus Okafor was drafted too high, especially with Zinger still on the board. That's a big mistake especially given that he was their 3rd center.

Big Al was on the horrible 06-07 team when Pierce missed half the year with an "injured foot." The Celtics were clearly tanking for Durant. Al did not give up that year.

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2017, 05:19:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Big Al was on the horrible 06-07 team when Pierce missed half the year with an "injured foot." The Celtics were clearly tanking for Durant. Al did not give up that year.

Same year Tony Allen blew his knee out, right?

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I agree 100%, Okafor is not what we need.

Actually , we need rebounding and defensive tuffness,    Sully might be a better choice at this point .

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
As the resident Jahlil Okafor sucks expert...

I find it amusing this video has gotten so much attention. This is literally how he plays defense. It's just that NBA players typically score on the first shot. If I was good with editing vids and cared enough I could find 50 clips where he gave effort like this without issue.

If the Sixers cut him and signed a D League blocks and Dunks type guy they'd win 2-3more games the rest of the year. I seriously think he's here to command the tank that Bryan "winning culture" "relationships matter" "You need vets to go 25-57 instead of 19-63 because that matters" Colangelo is running.

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2017, 09:19:55 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Also since we are pitchforking the guy,

this isn't a one time play. Look at Brown's reaction to his effort on this

https://twitter.com/ttrain305/status/837121967463477249/video/1

TP...

I can't understand anybody who wants this kid on their team. Seems like a really nice kid (spare me the 19 yr old got in a bar fight or a speeding ticket nonsense) who I hope succeeds, but it isn't going to be in the NBA.