Author Topic: SO glad we didn't get into trading for this dude  (Read 5336 times)

SO glad we didn't get into trading for this dude
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
For those that were pushing for Okafor... :o You can have him.  Now Philly is down to basically just him and Saric.  Wow

https://twitter.com/bachman_brian21/status/837106315952553984
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: SO glad we didn't get into trading for this dude
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
1) the best offer that is known the 76ers received for him was a top 20 protected draft pick and alex ajinca.
2) if he does not improve his effort the rest of the season they may just buy him out. Yes he has been that bad and his effort is insulting to the other players (this isn't a one play thing)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Wow. That was terrible. It looked like he was literally sleepwalking.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 01:37:54 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Guy reminds me of Al Jefferson, but not nearly as good on either side of the ball.

http://bkref.com/tiny/6rhFd

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 01:47:31 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
He looks like he was stuck in quicksand on that possession. Brutal Defense! He didn't even raise his arms up in the air. No wonder nobody wanted him for more than pennies.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I remember the clowns on CSNNE (Tanguay especially) saying last summer they would trade #3 and Smart for Okafor + sweetener...  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 01:55:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I remember the clowns on CSNNE (Tanguay especially) saying last summer they would trade #3 and Smart for Okafor + sweetener...  ::)
I remember sooooo many posters here, especially those that were huge fans of the Philly tank job, suggesting even that package wouldn't be enough. Its pretty funny in retrospect.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I remember sooooo many posters here, especially those that were huge fans of the Philly tank job, suggesting even that package wouldn't be enough. Its pretty funny in retrospect.

I'll admit I brought into the hype but said #3 + Rozier for Okafor + Covington + a future pick (which would probably be good as well).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 01:58:09 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I agree 100%, Okafor is not what we need.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 02:06:13 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
It's becoming harder and harder to defend the Philly tank job. If Embiid can't stay healthy, they're basically down to Philly's future picks and Ben Simmons. I think Saric is a nice piece but not a star.

Maybe this might be the time to acquire Okafor for cheap. Coach K loves him, and how much lower will his stock get?

I'd shoot them a 2nd or two and Rozier for Okafor. I like Rozier but think he's replaceable ultimately. Same might be said about Okafor.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
He is looking more and more like a Mark Blount with a little better bit inside offense. 

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 03:28:56 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Sad reading for Sixers fans, but when you also consider the medical issues that Embiid and Simmons have, along with the trade of Noel for a couple of bags of chips, it's not been raining sugar plums in Philly recently.  In the end, Hinkie may achieve his dream of a Sixers eight-year tank, but not in the manner he envisioned...

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
That was tough to watch. I have been pro Okafor for a while, despite the troubles he's had. He looks mentally checked out in Philadelphia. He's a young guy who's clearly unwanted there, I can understand it being hard to motivate yourself. He really needs a veterans guidance to get him on the right track. He has some great tools to become a good player if he could just find a good situation.

I thought a framework of KO and Rozier for Okafor and Covington would work but that never materialised.

Bottom line is both sides need to move on at this point, it's doing neither of them any favours. I'd put money on him doing far better once he gets traded though, although it probably can't get much worse

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 05:54:55 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

He looks fat like Sullinger.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It's become chic for some smarter-than-thou fans to mock the idea of a "winning culture."  And while it is true that team culture won't make a scrub into LeBron James, we're seeing four great examples this season of how important it can be.  Look at Noel forcing his way out of Philly and the sorry state of Okafor and contrast it with the way Jaylin, a clearly less heralded prospect, is performing.  And look at Cousins getting hyped to the moon when he goes to NO, where they promptly lose three is a row and then win when Cousins gets suspended.

Mike