Author Topic: Fultz vs Ball tonight @ 11 on FS1 (Update: Fultz Out)  (Read 1457 times)

Fultz vs Ball tonight @ 11 on FS1 (Update: Fultz Out)
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:22:51 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
This should be a blowout because Washington stinks. I want to see how much of a leader Fultz is.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 02:49:00 PM by Donoghus »

Re: Fultz vs Ball tonight @ 11 on FS1
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Re: Fultz vs Ball tonight @ 11 on FS1
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I was looking forward to this game too, but Fultz is out with right knee soreness.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/uws-markelle-fultz-still-not-medically-cleared-to-return-from-knee-injury/

I was looking forward to it until I saw it is on FS1, which I don't have. However at this point, Fultz' stock is independent of his teams success. That is what happens when you are the leading talent on a team that literally has no other players even close enough to be drafted. So other than him giving everything he has to win, his season is effectively meaningless.
#JKJB

Ahhhhhhh!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/uws-markelle-fultz-still-not-medically-cleared-to-return-from-knee-injury/

"Fultz missed the Feb. 9 game at Colorado and Feb. 11 contest at Utah due to what’s been described as right knee soreness.  ...

He sat on the bench Sunday during Washington’s 79-71 defeat at Washington State and barring an unexpected change in diagnosis in the past 24 hours, Fultz will miss Wednesday’s game at UCLA."

So knee injuries to athletic players are bad.  I don't know the full extent of this one.
the article did say:

"He returned the following week for a pair of games against Arizona State and Arizona. During his last appearance, Fultz finished with 26 points and six assists during a 76-68 loss to the Wildcats in the home finale".

I'm thinking it may not be a bad injury just the team not really seeing any point in him playing any more.  There's really  nothing to gain from it.   But still its scary, any thoughts?

Re: Fultz vs Ball tonight @ 11 on FS1 (Update: Fultz Out)
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:03:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Dang, was planning on catching this one.  Hope the knee is okay. Read they are trying to preserve his draft stock by keeping him out the last game, but with this news have to at least wonder....

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:39:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Just a matter of time before DE drops him as 1st pick in draft.  This has to affect his status.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If it is serious, another perfect player with injury history to fall into Sixers lap.