Author Topic: Bradley for Saric this Offseason?  (Read 10055 times)

Bradley for Saric this Offseason?
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:13:58 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Philly was supposedly very interested in Bradley at the trade deadline, which makes sense as he fits their needs perfectly. Would you guys trade Bradley for Saric? Would Philly?

Re: Bradley for Saric this Offseason?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:17:00 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Love Saric, Id do it. Not sure Philly does.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 04:20:50 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
Love Saric, Id do it. Not sure Philly does.

Yeah, I think that's about right. Saric fits our system perfectly and if Philly wants to play ball with their division rival in making a trade, they gotta give up Saric...

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 04:57:37 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
If I could see Žižić and Šarić play together for the Celts next year, I would probably become catatonic from the amount of happiness. However, with all of the injury concerns that the 76ers have, it is tough to trade Šarić since Simmons isn't back and is 7 months away. Also, AB is injury prone himself so add that to the equation. On the other hand, AB is the perfect guard to complement a guy like Simmons and even Embiid. He can guard 1s and 2s, and stretch the floor while BS operates as a PG.
Šarić is the 76ers Smart, and he would be a great long-term upgrade on Amir and JJ. His 3pt shot will improve, and his contract is finger licking good. You never know.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 05:09:08 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
If I could see Žižić and Šarić play together for the Celts next year, I would probably become catatonic from the amount of happiness. However, with all of the injury concerns that the 76ers have, it is tough to trade Šarić since Simmons isn't back and is 7 months away. Also, AB is injury prone himself so add that to the equation. On the other hand, AB is the perfect guard to complement a guy like Simmons and even Embiid. He can guard 1s and 2s, and stretch the floor while BS operates as a PG.
Šarić is the 76ers Smart, and he would be a great long-term upgrade on Amir and JJ. His 3pt shot will improve, and his contract is finger licking good. You never know.

Yep, and recently he's also been rebounding very well to boot!

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 06:11:27 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Hopefully not, since I hope that Bradley is part of a bigger trade for someone like Butler.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 07:21:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I really like Bradley, but Saric's upside appears to be very high.  I don't think the Sixers would even consider this.  Not to mention that Saric is the only high draft pick since the Hinkie era who has been healthy and productive.  The only one!  I think Saric is a foundational piece.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I thought of this trade for a while and would do it. AB is the better player but it is a good trade for both teams IMO.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 07:49:07 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It depends on which direction Danny wants to go this offseason, but if we are kind-of going for it - keeping BKN picks, but signing a max FA - then I would do this or something similar (others have mentioned Bradley for WCS). It would us to get a bargain contract through 2020, possibly keep KO, and still sign Hayward.

We obviously have the ability to sign AB for whatever we want, but the IT/Smart/AB contracts are going to cost a LOT.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:09:38 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think Philly would demand a draft pick or something since they'd be trading in three more years of rookie-scale control over Saric for an impending unrestricted free agent in Bradley.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Forget about Sarić. He's off the block. He is their future.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 09:48:10 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I would do this in a heartbeat, but you'd probably have to add more to the deal.

What about Henderson and Saric for Bradley, Rozier, Mickey, the 2017 LAC 2nd and the 2017 CLE 2nd?

Then in the off season you draft Fultz/Ball, sign Hayward, Bring in Zizic and Yabusele, resign Johnson using the MLE.

Thomas/Fultz or Ball/Jackson
Hayward/Smart/Henderson
Crowder/Brown/Young
Saric/Johnson/Yabusele
Horford/Zizic/(a vet min, Sullinger? hahaha)

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 05:15:03 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'm really hoping these trade suggestions start to go away now that Bradley is back. It always happens to the player out injured.. "oh we're doing well without him therefore he isn't needed anymore", so short sighted.
What Bradley did last night to Irving, not even Smart can do that!

Bradley is worth far more to us than Saric. Bradley is kryptonite for the NBAs elite guards. It's been obvious (to me at least) that the only way guys like Bradley or Crowder leave the Cs is if a legit superstar is coming back the other way. Otherwise we are just continuing to build internally, testing FA and continuing to hunt down Cleveland

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 05:50:21 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm really hoping these trade suggestions start to go away now that Bradley is back. It always happens to the player out injured.. "oh we're doing well without him therefore he isn't needed anymore", so short sighted.
What Bradley did last night to Irving, not even Smart can do that!

Bradley is worth far more to us than Saric. Bradley is kryptonite for the NBAs elite guards. It's been obvious (to me at least) that the only way guys like Bradley or Crowder leave the Cs is if a legit superstar is coming back the other way. Otherwise we are just continuing to build internally, testing FA and continuing to hunt down Cleveland
Id still trade him for Saric straight up. Although Saric, like Jimmy Butler, is one of my binkies.

Saric has 3 years left on his rookie deal. He plays a position of need, and like Smart he makes a ton of winning plays.

Plus hes a good passer which Brad loves in a big man.

Also hes young enough that he fits right in with the Brown/Smart/'17/'18 core timeline, while also being able to probably start for the current team and make a positive impact.

I just dont see us keeping Bradley Smart Thomas long term.

Thomas is gonna get 30 mil. I bet Smart gets close to 20 and Bradley should be around 25.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:58:04 AM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 06:53:28 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Forget about Sarić. He's off the block. He is their future.

If Saric is now their future, their future is pretty underwhelming.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?