Author Topic: Cavaliers (41-17) at Celtics (38-22) Game #61 3/1/17  (Read 47688 times)

Re: Cavaliers (41-17) at Celtics (38-22) Game #61 3/1/17
« Reply #525 on: March 01, 2017, 10:52:56 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Always nice to get a scheduled win here and there, fellas.  We'll be sitting pretty at 39-22.   :D

Just gonna leave this little nugget right here.  ;D

tp
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #526 on: March 01, 2017, 10:53:05 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Just enjoy the win. First time the C's have beaten LeBron in Boston in 4 years. :o

« Reply #527 on: March 01, 2017, 10:53:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
What a great game! Jaylen was great on Bron. Avery was insane on Irving. Smart had 2 drawn fouls in 2 positions in a row.

We were in it the entire game; keeping them close. We looked like we could hang, and they weren't taking it easy on us.

LETS GO C's!

I thought so too. Maybe it was my imagination, but there were a few possessions where it looked like LeBron didn't want to drive the ball against him.

He only really went at Jaylen like one time that I remember.

He definitely didn't do the whole "Pick on the rookie" thing. I think word is out that Jaylen can play D.

And the one time he went on him and scored that I remember was a jump shot. LeBron starting to show some age and playing way too many minutes this year. Every time they sit him for a game they lose.

« Reply #528 on: March 01, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
IT really played like a smart PG tonight. He made great decisions, especially in the 4th quarter. Did not force things. Good to see Jae get his stroke back. And man now that Avery is getting his groove back, you can see how much we missed him. Great game.

« Reply #529 on: March 01, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
C's need to find a way to keep Brown on the floor, kid is really making a difference.

Yes they do and also keep Rozier off.

To Terry's credit, he did a good job on guarding Deron. He still makes bonehead decisions on O though.

« Reply #530 on: March 01, 2017, 10:54:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
What a great game! Jaylen was great on Bron. Avery was insane on Irving. Smart had 2 drawn fouls in 2 positions in a row.

We were in it the entire game; keeping them close. We looked like we could hang, and they weren't taking it easy on us.

LETS GO C's!

I thought so too. Maybe it was my imagination, but there were a few possessions where it looked like LeBron didn't want to drive the ball against him.

He definitely didn't do the whole "Pick on the rookie" thing. I think word is out that Jaylen can play D.

Loved it when the crowd cheered as well, as Jaylen locks in on defending LeBron. That may have given him an extra confidence boost.

I'm starting to doubt bit by bit if we should actually trade him. Dude played well tonight while being passive. I can't imagine what he can do when he has free reigns.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #531 on: March 01, 2017, 11:06:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

LETS GO C's!

Loved it when the crowd cheered as well, as Jaylen locks in on defending LeBron. That may have given him an extra confidence boost.

I'm starting to doubt bit by bit if we should actually trade him. Dude played well tonight while being passive. I can't imagine what he can do when he has free reigns.

Never trade Jaylen or Marcus unless it's for an a Anthony Davis level player and there's like 5 of those in the NBA.

« Reply #532 on: March 01, 2017, 11:08:32 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Just listened to LeBron's postgame interview.

What a disgusting human being. Nothing but passive-aggressive comments, left-handed compliments. No class at all.

And eager for excuses - which his media toadies eagerly feed him.

He is so spoiled, and he doesn't even realize it. 

« Reply #533 on: March 01, 2017, 11:09:52 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Great win for the C's. Everyone stepped up. AB on one-on-one defense is spectacular. I have to say that the rookie impresses me more and more each game. I think he will be a beast next year. Kelly was playing some decent defense tonight also. I can go on an on about all the individual great games for each of them and what a team victory. They needed this and this could be what they needed to ignite the 2nd half stretch run.

« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

LETS GO C's!

I wasn't high on Jaylen at the draft, but he's made a believer out of me. Smart, as well. Unless Danny's presented with a deal that no one in his right mind would refuse, I'd like him to hang onto those two.

Tonight's game was fantastic, a HUGE win. With about 3.5 minutes left, I was prepping to blame some bad calls and noncalls for a Celtics loss—most notably Horford's alleged out-of-bounds turnover, and LeBron's pushoff against Crowder to grab an offensive rebound—but the Cs came up with some great plays down the stretch:
  • IT's 3
  • Jerebko's 3
  • Avery's 3
  • Smart drawing a charge
  • the IT/Horford block
  • Crowder's rebound to seal it

Great work by Boston.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2017, 11:16:28 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I don't think we win this game without Avery Bradley.

Pride of Tacoma.

« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don't think we win this game without Avery Bradley.

Pride of Tacoma.

This.

« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2017, 11:26:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You know, I used to live in the game threads years ago. There was just nothing like watching the game while talking the game in the game threads. But as the Celtics started to get old during the Big 3 era, the game threads started getting nasty because a very negative set of characters came in and just loved antagonizing those trying to cheer on the team. I stop participating in the game threads because of it. It just wasn't enjoyable anymore.

But one thing I loved was when the Celtic won, especially big wins against good teams, those negative participants in the threads disappeared at the end of the threads. They could never hang around and congratulate the team. They could never post positive stuff about the players they always harrassed. God forbid they ever say that Doc ever made a good move to help win the game. They just disappeared and reappeared the next game ready to spread their dissatisfaction.

So this year I haven't been participating in these game threads but I have read them. What I have seen is that not much has changed. Oh there is a new set of antagonists but things just haven't changed. Big win tonight and I see the usual 2 or 3 guys spouting off negativity have disappeared and aren't here celebrating over the win.

The more things change....the more they stay the same. WTG Celtics. Best game of the year. Loved watching it.

« Reply #538 on: March 01, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Didn't get to post during the game, but what a win!! And a blast to watch, that was a playoff level competition.

Crowder, Horford, Bradley, Brown, even Jerebko made big plays down the stretch and IT adapted to the defense to kick out for 3s and draw FTs instead of getting overaggressive toward the rim. Brilliant stuff.

« Reply #539 on: March 01, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
You know, I used to live in the game threads years ago. There was just nothing like watching the game while talking the game in the game threads. But as the Celtics started to get old during the Big 3 era, the game threads started getting nasty because a very negative set of characters came in and just loved antagonizing those trying to cheer on the team. I stop participating in the game threads because of it. It just wasn't enjoyable anymore.

But one thing I loved was when the Celtic won, especially big wins against good teams, those negative participants in the threads disappeared at the end of the threads. They could never hang around and congratulate the team. They could never post positive stuff about the players they always harrassed. God forbid they ever say that Doc ever made a good move to help win the game. They just disappeared and reappeared the next game ready to spread their dissatisfaction.

So this year I haven't been participating in these game threads but I have read them. What I have seen is that not much has changed. Oh there is a new set of antagonists but things just haven't changed. Big win tonight and I see the usual 2 or 3 guys spouting off negativity have disappeared and aren't here celebrating over the win.

The more things change....the more they stay the same. WTG Celtics. Best game of the year. Loved watching it.

TP as usual Nick, what I've been saying lately.