Author Topic: KO has been embarrassing  (Read 13260 times)

Re: KO has been embarrassing
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Edit. Wrong thread

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2017, 05:13:51 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
He played good d on LeBron .   I was impressed he did not back off and just let LeBron score at will.

Kelly has played better overall I guess ,  but then he should be further along  with his maturity as a pro player.  He needs to really step up and score the ball off the bench .  He seems kinda lost in the moment ....wake up Kelly ....do something ....is what I keep say n. as I watch .

His body language and demeanor is not very inspiring .  Has he ever taken a charge in a game.

He does not command RESPECT on the court IMO.  ........this shy ....slinking along gets him abused .

He demonstrates very little confidence on the court , other than wide open three shots. 

Without a certain amount of aggressive play , he can't command any respect from his opponents.
K.O. is playing only 21 minutes per game and is tied for 15th in the league this year in charges drawn with 12, 2nd on the C's behind Smart's 18.  He has excellent feet for a big man and defends the perimeter very well, an absolute must have when the C's have very small guards that suck at getting over screens in Avery, I.T. and Rozier.

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2017, 05:22:41 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
He played good d on LeBron .   I was impressed he did not back off and just let LeBron score at will.

Kelly has played better overall I guess ,  but then he should be further along  with his maturity as a pro player.  He needs to really step up and score the ball off the bench .  He seems kinda lost in the moment ....wake up Kelly ....do something ....is what I keep say n. as I watch .

His body language and demeanor is not very inspiring .  Has he ever taken a charge in a game.

He does not command RESPECT on the court IMO.  ........this shy ....slinking along gets him abused .

He demonstrates very little confidence on the court , other than wide open three shots. 

Without a certain amount of aggressive play , he can't command any respect from his opponents.
K.O. is playing only 21 minutes per game and is tied for 15th in the league this year in charges drawn with 12, 2nd on the C's behind Smart's 18.  He has excellent feet for a big man and defends the perimeter very well, an absolute must have when the C's have very small guards that suck at getting over screens in Avery, I.T. and Rozier.

That's what I'm thinking. Kelly's playing great move your feet position defense.

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2017, 06:30:53 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
He's just happy to be here...no focus, no drive, no intensity.

If the Celtics were the Beatles, he'd be Ringo.

Ringo was consistent and solid, Kelly lacks both.

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2017, 06:38:34 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He was a beast last night vs cavs. Physical, solid D on Lebron in switches.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I've been hating on Kelly--but last night, he played like a man and not a teenager.

Sometimes I imagine what he would be like--if he had Larry Bird's attitude as a player.

And if he would learn to shoot a hook shot with either hand.

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2017, 08:40:22 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Most of you boy's just figured this out?
He should have been gone at the deadline for defensive help.

Keep on drafting Danny, you ain't made a bad pick yet

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't think I've ever seen a player that is more polarizing than Kelly Olynyk. If you don't look at him, and just look at the numbers he fares much better.

Because the fact is, he does rebound pretty well for the minutes he plays, he has a good sense of where the ball will come off the rim on a missed shot, although true enough, he can't jump a lick.

He passes well for a C/PF most nights.

His positional defense isn't as bad as it looks, he's in the right place more often than not. At 7' he simply puts his arms up without leaping, and contests the player that way. Not flashy defense for sure.

When he's aggressively shooting the 3, and hitting well we love him, when he's timid and up fakes with nobody actually covering him, or passes up open shots, we roll our eyes.

What's most important, Kelly gives real effort, he almost never takes plays off.

I think we on this blog are so desperate for a dominant, athletic, top rated center, we take our frustrations out on KO.

I'll admit sometimes I do.       

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
KO is better defensively than many give him credit for.  He's pretty good within a team concept and has very good defensive instincts.  Offensively he's inconsistent - so what else is new.  At this point he is what he is.  The thing this season though, is when he's been bad, he's been awful - as in 'looks like he doesn't belong in the league' awful. 

But last night he was decent.  Someone will overpay for him this summer.

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2017, 10:48:46 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Clueless. Our best line up includes Kelly at the PF.
Defense has been excellent this hear and Brad Stevens said he's one of our best defenders because of his versatility.
You're just a plain ol' hater. Let me guess, like every other GM in the NBA, Danny should have gone for the home run with Giannis?
For every Giannis there are at least Anthony Bennet's.

Haters gon' hate.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2017, 03:32:47 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i praise kelly when he is playing well and criticize when not-i went as far as to think he was smokin some strong stuff during all star break-no basis in fact just a fleeting thought

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
i praise kelly when he is playing well and criticize when not-i went as far as to think he was smokin some strong stuff during all star break-no basis in fact just a fleeting thought

What about Bill Walton at UCLA? I heard Wooden let him smoke it.

I was a lurker before joining this blog. I remember when they outlawed any talk of marijuana. Now that laws have changed, it appears that restriction has been modified.

I do not come here to debate weed, and won't, but there wasn't a similar rule against alcohol.

Maybe Sanders wasn't added to the team because of it.

I guess it is a form of don't ask, don't tell. I think the Chief used to smoke or at least he was in the news once. I think a UPS worker "spilled coffee" on a package.

Yeah, I wouldn't want anyone on the team getting high for games or it better not be noticeable.

It's not just about pot and alcohol. These guys have to like each other for Celtics Mystique to kick in. Bogans might have been a blessing in disguise because it gave Brad an early opportunity to set the tone for how players are supposed to buy in and believe in Celtics Tradition.

The irony I think was a little bit later on we had some injuries or something and Bogans would have gotten a chance.

Jaylen Brown spoke on MLK day. He could become another Bill Russell. Russ said I am a human being who happens to play basketball, not the other way around. He's just a kid. Maybe Isaiah, Bradley, Jaylen and Smart will still be here on a future title roster. Keeping options open means also providing the possibility that there are no worries and this will work out fine.

Isaiah and Bradley are long-term friends. I was thinking of how Danny traded Perk who had become Rondo's best friend. It could backfire like that, chemistry-wise. Yet, Avery seems very level-headed. I doubt he'd start pouting. Everyone should relax. We are in such a uniquely positive position, we'd be fools to not savor it. Just gotta roll with the punches and not put carts in front of horses.

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2017, 01:30:53 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

Defense has been excellent this hear and Brad Stevens said he's one of our best defenders because of his versatility.
You're just a plain ol' hater. Let me guess, like every other GM in the NBA, Danny should have gone for the home run with Giannis?

Haters gon' hate.

His defense is just legit good.  Cleveland tried to switch him onto Lebron time after time and I can't be the only one who was impressed by the fact that he did not Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. the bed in those situations. 

People just need to get over the fact that he's an awkward-looking giant white guy and accept that he is a good defender.  In my mind, his defensive competence is at least as valuable as his shooting.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
I dont see why you'd criticize him, other than wanting him to be someone he's not, and isn't meant to be. He was drafted to be a nice stretch big off the bench and I'd say that he went as far as to exceed expectations with his solid defense and rebounding. Criticize Ainge for never addressing the need for a true rim protector/inside presence

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Haters gon' hate.

His defense is just legit good.  Cleveland tried to switch him onto Lebron time after time and I can't be the only one who was impressed by the fact that he did not **** the bed in those situations. 

People just need to get over the fact that he's an awkward-looking giant white guy and accept that he is a good defender.  In my mind, his defensive competence is at least as valuable as his shooting.

I was surprised on how well he did against LBJ myself too.