Author Topic: KO has been embarrassing  (Read 13255 times)

Re: KO has been embarrassing
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 12:47:32 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I have nothing to contribute to this thread at this moment. I just thought it's funny that every time I see the KO initials I automatically assume Kevin Owens is the topic of the conversation.

;D
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
KO sure wasn't embarrassing last night.  He played very well against LeBron.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
KO sure wasn't embarrassing last night.  He played very well against LeBron.

KO is nice bench piece... Streaky scorer but gives consistent effort (picks, defense). Able to stretch the floor

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
He's been too streaky so far, with great games and phantom appearances. He needed to be more assertive in offense, which he has achieved (more or less). However, he has to be smarter on the defensive end, because he is in foul trouble very often and so it limits his minutes.

Being a bit selfish, I like he isn't having a breakout year in case we want to keep him in an affordable contract.

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 01:47:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If the Cs sign a max free agent, Olynyk is gone and I can't say I will be sad by that.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
He's been too streaky so far, with great games and phantom appearances. He needed to be more assertive in offense, which he has achieved (more or less). However, he has to be smarter on the defensive end, because he is in foul trouble very often and so it limits his minutes.

Being a bit selfish, I like he isn't having a breakout year in case we want to keep him in an affordable contract.

What's wrong with my appearances?  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 02:13:58 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
If the Cs sign a max free agent, Olynyk is gone and I can't say I will be sad by that.

I've had enough of watching him stand idly by while an offensive player grabs a board. People go nuts on this board when Okafor does that, but the Man Bun somehow gets a pass.

I cannot say I will be sad to see him go.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 02:21:04 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

What's wrong with my appearances?  :laugh:

LOL. As a non-English native speaker, I couldn't express myself better. TP as compensation  :laugh:

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Olynyk was a +10 last night.
Jaylen Brown was a -10.
Sometimes the eye test fails.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I've had enough of watching him stand idly by while an offensive player grabs a board. People go nuts on this board when Okafor does that, but the Man Bun somehow gets a pass.

Simply put, if the Celtics whiff on most of the FA targets, he's coming back w/Bird Rights (maybe on an Amir or Zeller-like unguaranteed option deal).

If they find a FA, bye bye KO.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The idea that KO just stands around on defense and does nothing is false. He is 2nd on the team in charges drawn (12) and in contested shots (471). His other 'hustle' stats are also quite decent, especially since he isn't one of the team leaders in minutes. Just because he is white and a little awkward doesn't mean he sucks.

http://stats.nba.com/players/hustle/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612738&PerMode=Totals

This isn't even taking into account his spacing, playmaking, and marked improvement in the post.

We should consider ourselves lucky if we are able to hold on to KO at a decent price.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

The idea that KO just stands around on defense and does nothing is false. He is 2nd on the team in charges drawn (12) and in contested shots (471). His other 'hustle' stats are also quite decent, especially since he isn't one of the team leaders in minutes. Just because he is white and a little awkward doesn't mean he sucks.

http://stats.nba.com/players/hustle/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612738&PerMode=Totals

This isn't even taking into account his spacing, playmaking, and marked improvement in the post.

We should consider ourselves lucky if we are able to hold on to KO at a decent price.

i don't agree. He is the softest 7-footer to wear the green since Hank Finkel and one of the worst rebounders we've ever had.

Easily replaced.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 02:29:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

i don't agree. He is the softest 7-footer to wear the green since Hank Finkel and one of the worst rebounders we've ever had.

Easily replaced.

Wow that's some high praise for KO!  :laugh:

I mean I'm not a superfan of KO either but I don't think he's *that* bad lol.

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I disagree. I think that if the C's sign a max free agent, Bradley will be moved, and Olynyk kept.  This is for two reasons.  Firstly, letting Olynyk walk might not be enough to create the room necessary for a max, whereas trading Bradley might.  Secondly, there's an assumption that the signed free agent will be Hayward, and that the Brooklyn pick will be a guard.  Keeping Bradley would seem to create a minutes logjam of non-bigs.

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Olynyk has value unfortunately it's not at any of the positions we have a need.