Author Topic: How about Scola?  (Read 3807 times)

Re: How about Scola?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 06:29:09 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Scola is washed up.  Bring back Sully

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 06:32:50 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
No, please no. I hate Scola so much.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Hmmm....  Either you don't know their stats or you don't know what washed up means.

Sully is shooting 32% from the field and 18% from the three, 50% from the line and 3.4 PPG,  2.5 RPG  and 6.02 PER  in 11 minutes.

Scola is shooting 47% from the field and 34% from the three,  68% from the line and 5.1 PPG,  3.9 RPG  and 13.96  PER  in 12 minutes

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1781/luis-scola

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6624/jared-sullinger

Because it is pretty clear that Scola, is the better of the two this year by a large margin.  Let the annual excuses begin for Sully.   It is almost a ritual even if he is gone.     

Sully is coming back off an injury.....But he does not look like he took care of his diet during his rehab.  He obviously did not think he needed to shoot either.  Don't judge him by his game against us because that was not the norm.

Since he made his season debut Jan. 18, he is averaging 3.3 points and 2.3 rebounds in six games while shooting just 25 percent from the field. Furthermore, the reeling Raptors have lost all six games in which Sullinger has played, allowing the Celtics to surpass them and slide into second place in the Eastern Conference.

In fact, Toronto has won just two of its last eight games, and those were the two games in which coach Dwane Casey elected not to play Sullinger.

But the Raptors may need all the reinforcements they can get against the Celtics Wednesday night, with All-Star guard DeMar DeRozan sidelined with a sprained ankle.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/02/01/jared-sullinger-return-isn-going-well-for-raptors/xjqxeWpJh1LZnBTRAlUjsK/story.html

We should not touch him with a ten foot pole.   The dude is a chucker on offense and he was shooting 4 shots a game in those 11 minutes and bombing his team out of games.  Bit I forgot this is Celticsblog where the magical thinking is anyone who plays for us is going to get better.   Sully had his chance he blew it.

So which one was it you didn't know his stats or you don't know what washed up is?

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 02:51:26 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

Hmmm....  Either you don't know their stats or you don't know what washed up means.

Sully is shooting 32% from the field and 18% from the three, 50% from the line and 3.4 PPG,  2.5 RPG  and 6.02 PER  in 11 minutes.

Scola is shooting 47% from the field and 34% from the three,  68% from the line and 5.1 PPG,  3.9 RPG  and 13.96  PER  in 12 minutes

Because it is pretty clear that Scola, is the better of the two this year by a large margin.  Let the annual excuses begin for Sully.   It is almost a ritual even if he is gone.     

Sully is coming back off an injury.....But he does not look like he took care of his diet during his rehab.  He obviously did not think he needed to shoot either.  Don't judge him by his game against us because that was not the norm.

Since he made his season debut Jan. 18, he is averaging 3.3 points and 2.3 rebounds in six games while shooting just 25 percent from the field. Furthermore, the reeling Raptors have lost all six games in which Sullinger has played, allowing the Celtics to surpass them and slide into second place in the Eastern Conference.

In fact, Toronto has won just two of its last eight games, and those were the two games in which coach Dwane Casey elected not to play Sullinger.

But the Raptors may need all the reinforcements they can get against the Celtics Wednesday night, with All-Star guard DeMar DeRozan sidelined with a sprained ankle.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/02/01/jared-sullinger-return-isn-going-well-for-raptors/xjqxeWpJh1LZnBTRAlUjsK/story.html

We should not touch him with a ten foot pole.   The dude is a chucker on offense and he was shooting 4 shots a game in those 11 minutes and bombing his team out of games.  Bit I forgot this is Celticsblog where the magical thinking is anyone who plays for us is going to get better.   Sully had his chance he blew it.

So which one was it you didn't know his stats or you don't know what washed up is?

Was it an inside job all along?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 03:06:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Scola would be like a poor man's Bogut but might be a good backup plan.

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 03:11:29 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

I cannot imagine two big men with more disparate skillsets.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 03:14:00 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Sully hasn't played enough minutes for his stats this season to mean anything.  He's literally played fewer minutes this season than Jordan Mickey.  There are plenty of good arguments for not bringing Sully back this season/ever (and likely more good arguments for not bringing him back than for bringing him back), but using his stats in the 118 TOTAL minutes he's played this season like it's a significant sample size or implying that he was the reason the Raptors went on a skid is not the way to do it.

Why not base it off of the significant sample size we have of him being a poor shooter, rather than the 30 2s, 18 3s, and 8 FTs he has attempted this season? Or just base it off his injury history? I know you don't like the guy, but you would make a more compelling argument against him by not misrepresenting stats.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 03:26:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Passing, Rebounding, in common Bogut better rim protector Scola better shooter!

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 03:48:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Passing, Rebounding, in common Bogut better rim protector Scola better shooter!

Maybe I should've said "a not as good replacement."

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Bargnani and Dwight Howard.

Scola would be a nice vet presence but playwise is probably just about cooked. I can't imagine him getting much of a role here.

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Bargnani and Dwight Howard.

Scola would be a nice vet presence but playwise is probably just about cooked. I can't imagine him getting much of a role here.

Hard fouls and get under Dwight Howards skin.

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 05:31:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Scrotter Rooter .......has he ever used shampoo ?  ???