Author Topic: F & M state the Celts hung IT4 to dry by standing pat  (Read 7006 times)

Re: F & M state the Celts hung IT4 to dry by standing pat
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 10:57:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I still cant believe what Wyc said

What is the point of even playing hard/play to win this season , if your owner doesnt believe in you 100 percent

Not even a , we might be one or two players away but Im confident can make noise in the playoffs...

Just basically , we are two players away... Want to keep IT4 long term but no problem drafting a franchise calibre pg

Wyc is the opposite of smooth

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 11:02:59 PM »

Online cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I would prefer that Smart start, and Isaiah come off the bench.

Wouldn't want to hurt IT's feelings ::)

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 11:10:26 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

- The Celts currently maybe only a "bridge" team.. until Smart, Brown, Fultz, 2018 draft pick get control in a few seasons

I've been saying this for a while now.  Our entire starting 5 needs to be forced to the bench by our young players and picks.   

Look at how Danny did the contracts on IT and Bradley.  We have one more year of IT and Smart is starting to show he can lead a team at the point.  Give Smart one more year and he could be ready to replace IT.   Brown is already showing that he can play and that the team is just fine with him in the lineup in place of Bradley. come 2018 Danny can let IT and Bradley walk like Turner and really not miss a beat, especially if we can add Fultz or Ball.

Look at Horfords contract.  When his time is up Zizic will have 3 seasons under his belt and hopefully Ayton or Bamba will have two seasons.   So we get all that we can form Horford but if things go right we replace him with Ayton. Which can be like the Robinson Duncan hand off.  Maybe we get a title in Horford's last year and he retires, leaving Ayton and Zizic to man the front court for years to come.

Crowder has a great contract but how good will Brown be by the end of Crowder's contract?

With out dong anything we can have this in 2018:

Smart
Fultz
Brown
Ayton
Zizic

But I'd personally like to see this team role in the the playoffs in 2019:

Fultz            /  Smart
Brown         /  Crowder
Hayward     /   Yabuselle
Horfod       /     KO
Ayton        /     Zizic

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26

- The Celts currently maybe only a "bridge" team.. until Smart, Brown, Fultz, 2018 draft pick get control in a few seasons

I've been saying this for a while now.  Our entire starting 5 needs to be forced to the bench by our young players and picks.   

Look at how Danny did the contracts on IT and Bradley.  We have one more year of IT and Smart is starting to show he can lead a team at the point.  Give Smart one more year and he could be ready to replace IT.   Brown is already showing that he can play and that the team is just fine with him in the lineup in place of Bradley. come 2018 Danny can let IT and Bradley walk like Turner and really not miss a beat, especially if we can add Fultz or Ball.

Look at Horfords contract.  When his time is up Zizic will have 3 seasons under his belt and hopefully Ayton or Bamba will have two seasons.   So we get all that we can form Horford but if things go right we replace him with Ayton. Which can be like the Robinson Duncan hand off.  Maybe we get a title in Horford's last year and he retires, leaving Ayton and Zizic to man the front court for years to come.

Crowder has a great contract but how good will Brown be by the end of Crowder's contract?

Smart
Fultz
Brown
Ayton
Zizic

Brown         /  Crowder
Horfod       /     KO
Ayton        /     Zizic

I agree that Ainge wants the younger players to win the starting job.  I just don't think all our starters are on their way out. I'd only agree with Bradley.

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 07:11:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Smart
Fultz
Brown
Ayton
Zizic

Brown         /  Crowder
Horfod       /     KO
Ayton        /     Zizic

I agree that Ainge wants the younger players to win the starting job.  I just don't think all our starters are on their way out. I'd only agree with Bradley.

I don't know, I think Danny has a soft spot for AB ....  I think Danny signs AB to a long term deal before he does IT4

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:31 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Why would anyone listen to Felger and Mazz talk about basketball? Or anything really, but especially basketball.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 08:00:24 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
When thinking of talk radio...especially sports talk radio...keep this in mind:

"...it’s more important to be “interesting” than “right.”

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
News flash: F&M know zero about basketball, and they don't care to learn

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 08:03:18 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
TPs for the last 3 posts!!  loco_91, The One and colincb

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Easy for them to say -- they're not accountable for building a team that can actually win a championship.

They've also said repeatedly that they're not defending the games of Butler or George. They've let that fool Jim Murray moan about Cousins at some length because they have little other to talk about his time of year.

They've also acknowledged that beating Golden State, or even Cleveland, had they made such a move was highly highly unlikely.

So, they're just stirring the pot. Period. They've long hung their hat on the notion that Cs fans are fairweather / halfa$$ed sports fans, and praise everything that Ainge does -- while only briefly pointing to the myriad things the guy has done right. 

When in reality, they're acting like typical fans who don't have the patience to wait for the best draft choice Ainge has ever had, or a better deal in the summer (which there certainly will be). This blog, for example, was rife with impatience before the deadline. So they're talk track, like they're hoops knowledge, is bogus.

I should point out that Thomas is only 28. Hanging him out to dry is an overstatement.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 08:16:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Easy for them to say -- they're not accountable for building a team that can actually win a championship.

They've also said repeatedly that they're not defending the games of Butler or George. They've let that fool Jim Murray moan about Cousins at some length because they have little other to talk about his time of year.

They've also acknowledged that beating Golden State, or even Cleveland, had they made such a move was highly highly unlikely.

So, they're just stirring the pot. Period. They've long hung their hat on the notion that Cs fans are fairweather / halfa$$ed sports fans, and praise everything that Ainge does -- while only briefly pointing to the myriad things the guy has done right. 

When in reality, they're acting like typical fans who don't have the patience to wait for the best draft choice Ainge has ever had, or a better deal in the summer (which there certainly will be). This blog, for example, was rife with impatience before the deadline. So they're talk track, like they're hoops knowledge, is bogus.

I should point out that Thomas is only 28. Hanging him out to dry is an overstatement.

I agree...

But I do agree with them that the Celts should have at least made a small move

You have how many 2nd round picks?  Keeping all of these picks gives off mixed signals for the guys that want to win now

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 08:20:49 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I agree...

You have how many 2nd round picks?  Keeping all of these picks gives off mixed signals for the guys that want to win now

For PJ Tucker? Honestly, what is the point?

IF the Cs make a win now trade before the draft with the Nets pick, that MIN 2nd Rounder could actually be very useful to them ala a Big Baby / Leon Powe type addition on the cheap. And their other 2nds are in the bottom 10 picks in the draft. Yes, you could find a player there. Point is CLE's 2nd ain't worth much.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 08:22:20 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I don't get the hang out to dry aspect of this.  I think Ainge made legit efforts to get Paul George or Jimmy Butler but made the call the asking price was too high.  As for the smaller moves, we still might make one (signing Bogut) but that isn't going to bring Thomas in from the drying line (or whatever the cliche is for the opposite of being hung out to dry).

Last playoffs, Thomas was exposed.  Atlanta kept a big on him like in football when a linebacker keys off a scrambling quarterback.  It was successful.  The counter move to that is for IT to pass and for someone else to hit the shots (or enough of them).  IT has been very efficient this season and has been passing when doubled.  Unfortunately, we don't always hit the shots.

IT is having a fantastic season, way beyond my wildest expectations (and I suspect most everyone's).  I am not going to get sucked into the talk radio negativity.  It is all pretty darn good in Celtic land right now, all things considered.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I agree...

For PJ Tucker? Honestly, what is the point?

IF the Cs make a win now trade before the draft with the Nets pick, that MIN 2nd Rounder could actually be very useful to them ala a Big Baby / Leon Powe type addition on the cheap. And their other 2nds are in the bottom 10 picks in the draft. Yes, you could find a player there. Point is CLE's 2nd ain't worth much.

I know you are thinking about this in a calculative way, but for IT4, Horford, Crowder etc it signals hey , we want to make some noise in the playoffs vs hording all those 2nds for the future

Vets whose contracts are up soon, applaud any moves that immediately help with 'winning'

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 08:35:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Maybe IT4 "eyes emoji" was a cry for help vs trolling the fans/media..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:53:32 AM by triboy16f »