Author Topic: F & M state the Celts hung IT4 to dry by standing pat  (Read 6980 times)

F & M state the Celts hung IT4 to dry by standing pat
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
- And this is why he is not playing as well since the All Star break.  Like tonight vs the Hawks
- Teams are also guarding him with more force/double teams and also going at him at the other end

- The Celts currently maybe only a "bridge" team.. until Smart, Brown, Fultz, 2018 draft pick get control in a few seasons

- Unless the Celtics with potential addition of Butler and Hayward in the off season  (using the 2017 1st to grab Butler and sign Hayward as a FA) may try to contend/win a championship like the Pistons did in 2004.... difficult to accomplish...

-  If you can't create the team above,  what happens with IT4?  say you draft Fultz or Ball ,  how can you have that many guards in the team and divide mins?  A top 3 pick should get min to develop properly

- They are p---ed off a lilttle at CBS for playing Jerebko too many min over a talent like Brown.   Like on Friday night vs Raps

Thoughts??

i don't really listen to these clowns often, but they make some interesting points from time to time... and also give team managers like Neely, Wyc a hard time... and they complain they don't come talk to them more frequently  :laugh:

Re: F & M state the Celts hung IT4 to dry by standing pat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Felger and mazz know basketball like a snail knows astrophysics.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thoughts: F&M want to create controversy to drive traffic.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
these guys have no idea what they are talking about with regards to basketball.

That said, they are right. If Ainge truly believed that Isaiah was a superstar(top 5 type player) he would have moved mountains to get another star and attack a championship.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:33 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I don't think it has to do with Isaiah but they certainly conceded the season and threw in the towel thinking about the next off season.   When wyc said on the radio recently they were still two players away, well,  that says it all.   

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't think it has to do with Isaiah but they certainly conceded the season and threw in the towel thinking about the next off season.   When wyc said on the radio recently they were still two players away, well,  that says it all.  

And i don't get this....why say this even though the whole world knows its true

IT4, Horford don't want to hear this right now..

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 10:17:56 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I agree about playing too much Jerebko. I honestly don't know what Brad sees in that guy. I rather see Jordan Mickey out there than him.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 10:20:00 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I think Wyc kind of the Kellyann Conway of the Celtics organization. 

Basically they think on more free agent and these next two draft picks could get them there.   Its a fantastic situation to be in.   Id be lying if I didn't think about adding Hayward and two top five picks to this roster.  We may never win it,  but the roster and product would be worth paying for.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I agree about playing too much Jerebko. I honestly don't know what Brad sees in that guy. I rather see Jordan Mickey out there than him.

I agree about playing JJ too many minutes tonight but Jordan Mickey really????

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 10:25:11 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Isaiah is hanging himself out to dry.  This MVP talk is going to cease when the majority of people realize he is too selfish.  Tonight's game against the Hawks is a perfect example of why the Celtics didn't trade for any help.  They are trying to teach Isaiah you need to trust your teammates in the system to win. No player on another team is going to change the Celtics' problem. 

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I would prefer that Smart start, and Isaiah come off the bench.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I am astonished that I agree with these shmucks, but they are right - this is a bridge team. We are two ALL STARS away from even being mentioned in the same breath as CLE or GS.

IT4 is a great offensive player but I don't see Ainge paying him the max. Does anyone think it's a possibility he's traded? Who would give up assets for him if he is going to be a UFA in a year?

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I am astonished that I agree with these shmucks, but they are right - this is a bridge team. We are two ALL STARS away from even being mentioned in the same breath as CLE or GS.

IT4 is a great offensive player but I don't see Ainge paying him the max. Does anyone think it's a possibility he's traded? Who would give up assets for him if he is going to be a UFA in a year?

The question is who wants him and at what price?

IT4 is like Cinderella in a Celts uniform, on another team he could be sent back to the bench...

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I don't like F and M, but that old saying, " Even blind squirrels....." I think applies here.

I was for no major moves at the deadline, BUT some minor moves were definitely in order.

I strongly feel (and I say "feel"  because there is no concrete evidence only innuendo and circumstance to back this up) that nothing was done because Stevens was "comfortable" with this group. He has too much say in the personnel decisions.

Usually I don't favor making a move just to make a move, but this time I did. PJ Tucker was the biggest miss, not just because we didn't get him, but because Toronto got him. And to rub it in our face, he contributed mightily to the Raps beating us with 9/10/1/3 in 29 minutes immediately after the trade deadline.

This could not have sat well with IT and Horford, especially.

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 10:53:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't like F and M, but that old saying, " Even blind squirrels....." I think applies here.

I was for no major moves at the deadline, BUT some minor moves were definitely in order.

I strongly feel (and I say "feel"  because there is no concrete evidence only innuendo and circumstance to back this up) that nothing was done because Stevens was "comfortable" with this group. He has too much say in the personnel decisions.

Usually I don't favor making a move just to make a move, but this time I did. PJ Tucker was the biggest miss, not just because we didn't get him, but because Toronto got him. And to rub it in our face, he contributed mightily to the Raps beating us with 9/10/1/3 in 29 minutes immediately after the trade deadline.

This could not have sat well with IT and Horford, especially.

Yes...and it took very little to grab him

While danny has endless 2nd round picks