Author Topic: We need a GM that is hungry again  (Read 6694 times)

Re: We need a GM that is hungry again
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 10:43:17 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
You're right, lets bring back Rick Pitino because he have shown he's desperate to compete that he sold the farm for a borderline star player ::)

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 10:43:58 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
One of the funniest things after a celtics loss is to go right over to celticsblog and see the ridiculous threads and opinions people have. Never fails.

I've been criticizing Danny since the draft.  This is not new.  I'm not one of those.  Also this isn't going to be the only loss going forward.  And good luck getting out of the 1st or the 2nd round in the playoffs.
"This  isn't going to be the only loss going forward". You mean to tell me the Celtics will lose another game?! Where do you get these sizzlin' takes from!?! The Celtics might very well lose in the first or second round, but honestly does anyone expect more? I think fans like yourself talked this team up too much and have too high of expectations. I think winning a round and at least being competitive in the second is all in all a good season for this team. Add Hayward and a top 4 pick this year and I think next year we should expect a berth in the ECF.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I disagree with the premise of the OP - I rather like Ainge (not always the case) and couldn't be happier with the stability in our front office. I also disagree with the lore of the Perkins trade. The dude was injured for almost the entire year and offered very little for OKC in the playoffs. I don't know why it would have been different here.

As for this year, I can see how it can be frustrating. We have a very good team and are quite competitive, but when your owner comes out and says we aren't good enough, it is hard to really go all in. I am glad we haven't traded any of our top young pieces. I do believe we will go after Hayward this summer, but would also not be overly-surprised to see IT traded for more young talent (somebody mentioned Myles Turner as an idea).

The thing is, Danny still hasn't committed to a direction, but at least we get to watch winning basketball while building our team with top prospects. Nobody else can say that.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:08 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Danny Ainge has done a MASTERFUL job rebuilding this team. Getting 3 (probably top 5) picks for two guys on their last legs. Shipping out Rondo, who was an expiring contract for Crowder and a first rounder. Aquiring an all star on a bargain of a contract for next to nothing. Wouldn't rather have anyone general managing this team.

Sure- he has whiffed on a few draft picks, but what GM hasn't?

There's a difference between being complacent and having enough vision not to gut the teams assets for a player who could be a cancerous presence.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 10:56:53 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
You're right, lets bring back Rick Pitino because he have shown he's desperate to compete that he sold the farm for a borderline star player ::)

TP. Danny is awesome. So glad he is keeping the picks.
Sign another free agent, and let our young players develop.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
This team needs fans with patience. 

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 11:34:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bookmark this post and look back on it on six months. Just do it. Trust me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 11:40:57 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Ok, championship in 6 month?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 12:23:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Ok, championship in 6 month?

No, I've just found that hot takes in the wake of disheartening losses don't age well. Take it from one who has posted more than a few.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 12:33:44 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
This team needs fans with patience.

Or a few fewer fans... ;)

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 12:34:16 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think OP wants a desperate GM who makes panic moves.

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 12:49:13 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
One of the funniest things after a celtics loss is to go right over to celticsblog and see the ridiculous threads and opinions people have. Never fails.

I've been criticizing Danny since the draft.  This is not new.  I'm not one of those.  Also this isn't going to be the only loss going forward.  And good luck getting out of the 1st or the 2nd round in the playoffs.

Absolutely true.  You have an incredibly long track record as a horrible basketball mind and as a horrible human being.

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 01:00:40 AM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Sully is waived and always hungry. so am I.. ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 01:03:47 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I agree with the posters above saying that King would be an ideal replacement. I think he leads the pact in being hungry for wins at any and all costs.

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:24 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Wait. Are you saying we should hire Sullinger for the new GM? It doesn't get any more hungry than that.